Suggestion - limiting hit-and-run youtube embeds etc

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems pretty obvious that this site is getting a lot of folk just pimping their YouTube links, with zero or minimal attempt at involvement with KVR as a community. And its equally obvious that that's as annoying to many people as any other form of spam. Because really, spam is all it is.
What's kinda weird is that links are disabled for new users, but embedded videos etc arent.

Given that links are disabled for posters with fewer than 5 posts, I'd suggest that youtube video embedding should be disabled on a similar basis. Say for posters with less than 10 posts.

The one thing that would ideally be different is that that count should exclude any posts which include an embedded YT video.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Co-signed.

:tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

bad time to launch my youtube channel :hihi:

Never experienced it but my guess is you talk about those "How to make this poor man's bass sound"-videos?

i concur , and would endorse a higher post count as well ...

Or maybe give him his own forum...?

Agreed with original post.
:borg:

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:01 pm bad time to launch my youtube channel :hihi:
Agreed... Please increase the post threshold from 5 to 50k.

But otherwise, I agree (with the OP request).

+1 :tu:

Send these peeps to re-education camps where they are forced to watch their own videos over and over and over and over. :evil: :harp:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

I think the most annoying thing about them is that they don't contain a single original thought - they're just rehashing of whatever is perceived to be current wisdom regardless of whether there's any basis in fact or not.

Ergo they are a complete waste of my time.
Sweet child in time...

Bad idea, throw away the baby with the bathwater

The idea behind letting noobs post youtube links is that they can ask questions about the production of certain example tracks.

I find the amount of abuse quite low, tolerable. You guys are too sensitive, it's not hard to just ignore them.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

^I don't feel especially strongly either way, but I tend toward agreeing with this.
No longer a moderator.

BertKoor wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:12 pmYou guys are too sensitive, it's not hard to just ignore them.
Now please take care what you say as I'm very sensitive. :scared:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

D.H. Miltz wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:38 pm ^I don't feel especially strongly either way, but I tend toward agreeing with this.
perhaps a hybrid solution, new members can post videos in the getting started forum until they reach a "x" amount of posts but not other places and a strict "no spam like posts" rule in the getting started forum.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Site Stuff”