A tune of no specific genre....

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by PatchAdamz on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

love the production, but sci-fi?
This evokes more of a lost civilization documentary vibe with all the chosen tribal sounds.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Great job on the composition and production. Works for me as a sci-fi theme ... I'd be interested in seeing/hearing it in context. :)

layzer wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:19 pm love the production, but sci-fi?
This evokes more of a lost civilization documentary vibe with all the chosen tribal sounds.
Thanks for the feedback.
These days, the category of Sci-Fi is very broad.

Subcategories

This category has the following 33 subcategories, out of 33 total.
A

Science fiction action films‎
Science fiction adventure films‎

B

Biopunk films‎

C

Comedy science fiction films‎
Cyberpunk films‎

D

Science fiction drama films‎
Dystopian films‎

F

Science fantasy films‎
Films about extraterrestrial life‎
Films about telekinesis‎
Films about time travel‎
Films set in the future‎

H

Science fiction horror films‎

I

Impact event films‎
L

LGBT-related science fiction films‎

M

Mad scientist films‎
Military science fiction films‎
Monster movies‎
MonsterVerse‎

P

Paranormal films‎
Post-apocalyptic films‎
Postcyberpunk films‎

S

Films about shapeshifting‎
Social science fiction films‎
Soft science fiction films‎
Space opera films‎
Space Western films‎
Steampunk films‎

T

Science fiction thriller films‎
Time loop films‎

U

Utopian films‎

W

Science fiction war films‎
Western (genre) science fiction films‎

i get all that, but this is what i tend to consider "sci-fi" with no Jamaica mama vocals and no jungle percussion.
but more electronic sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqohIMBJWQ8

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Not traditional sci fi. If this is "broadly" sci fi by today's standards, then just about anything can be sci fi because this isn't even remotely close to what I grew up with 60 years ago. Anyway, judging it on its own merit as a work of music, nice mix, interesting melodies, cool sounds. Wasn't crazy about the vocal samples but they were okay. Has more of an ethnic vibe than sci fi for me anyway.

layzer wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:50 pm i get all that, but this is what i tend to consider "sci-fi" ..........
No need to consider, I changed the thread to "A tune of no specific genre...."

Thanks again for the feedback. :wink:

VSP, man, don't cave! If you did it for a production and the director liked what you did for sci-fi, then be proud of it as just that!

Just because some want to rely on well-worn tropes doesn't mean that it's the only, nor best, way to go. I mean, I like classic sci-fi themes as much as the next guy, but let's be a little bit open-minded--isn't that what sci-fi is supposed to be?

Anyway, I liked the music. Good arrangement and vibe. Nice clear mix. Thanks for sharing.

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Unfocused wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:13 am VSP, man, don't cave! If you did it for a production and the director liked what you did for sci-fi, then be proud of it as just that!

Just because some want to rely on well-worn tropes doesn't mean that it's the only, nor best, way to go. I mean, I like classic sci-fi themes as much as the next guy, but let's be a little bit open-minded--isn't that what sci-fi is supposed to be?

Anyway, I liked the music. Good arrangement and vibe. Nice clear mix. Thanks for sharing.

-u
Hey thanks for the feedback and support!

No change, the music and use remain unchanged, plus I like having an ambiguous title.
Just didn't want it to turn into a "what is sci-fi" music thread.
That can be done elsewhere.

Again, big thanks. :)

I liked this a lot. The main motif was memorable. The sound design was interesting too. :tu:

Is sci-fi even matter?

Unfocused wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:13 am I like classic sci-fi themes as much as the next guy, but let's be a little bit open-minded--isn't that what sci-fi is supposed to be?
and you can call the sun the moon, but does that make it true? Satan is the father of the lie, but the truth... the truth sets you free.

bioluminescencet, like that movie Avatar, organic, interesting.

Good work.

layzer wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 am
Unfocused wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:13 am I like classic sci-fi themes as much as the next guy, but let's be a little bit open-minded--isn't that what sci-fi is supposed to be?
and you can call the sun the moon, but does that make it true? Satan is the father of the lie, but the truth... the truth sets you free.
Woah... you're really deep :roll:

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:25 pm Great job on the composition and production. Works for me as a sci-fi theme ... I'd be interested in seeing/hearing it in context. :)
Thanks for taking your time to post feedback! :)

There's a lot of space in this one. Good instrumentation. Some timbres are gorgeous. Sounds neat with a relaxed feel. Cool.

Return to “Music Cafe”