Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Cherry Audio store improved.
There are new modules!

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/a ... ate-bundle

A comprehensive bundle of Control and Utility modules for Voltage Modular, currently comprising five collections with a total of 21 modules that cover gate/trigger utilities, mixing and switching, envelopes, ratcheting and general utilities. This bundle includes the following collections:

Andrew Macaulay's Gate and Trigger Collection comprising a Clock Generator, Clock to CV to Clock module, CV to Gate module, Gate Length Processor (Re-Gater), Gate to Trigger processing, dual-channel Gated Signals and a Trigger Delay module.

Andrew Macaulay's General Utility Collection comprising a Dual Voltmeter, Tempo Display, Pitch Transpose module, Micro Maths module, Probability Generator, quad Manual Triggers module and Signal Splitter Micro module.

Andrew Macaulay's Ratcheting Collection comprising the comprehensive and flexible 1 to 8 step Pattern Ratcheter and the tiny but well-formed 2/3/4/5/6/8 step Micro Ratcheter.

Andrew Macaulay's Envelope Collection comprising a highly flexible Voltage-Controlled Envelope with delays and looping and the tiny-form factor Micro Envelope module.

Andrew Macaulay's Switches and Mixers comprising the Matrix Mixer (6x6), a 12-input flexible grouping Micro MixBus and a flexible 8-to-1 Voltage-Controlled Switch.

Andrew Macaulay's modules are a suite of useful Control and Utility focused modules for Voltage Modular around gates/trigger handling, envelopes, ratcheting/sequencing and mixing/switching that have been developed by Andrew Macaulay. Andrew is a musician and retired IT pro, and started developing modules for Voltage Modular to add some useful tools for use in his own compositions, before deciding to share them through the store.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

future-bit wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:56 am Cherry Audio store improved.
There are new modules!
[snip]
These look very useful! And a nice price! But something I will need to sink my teeth into. But by the descriptions seem almost necessary for advanced clocking patches. :phones:

WasteLand wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:35 am i bought it for a insanely low price, by the way. sorry cherry audio, that resellers have lower prices, and in the cart, give another discount... (or insanely low, it was $30 lower than on the site...)
I eventually bought Voltage Modular (Imsta Festa sale). The sound is not as analog as Softube Modular. But the plugin hosting is great... no need to buy additional modules.

kiezum wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:51 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:35 am i bought it for a insanely low price, by the way. sorry cherry audio, that resellers have lower prices, and in the cart, give another discount... (or insanely low, it was $30 lower than on the site...)
I eventually bought Voltage Modular (Imsta Festa sale). The sound is not as analog as Softube Modular. But the plugin hosting is great... no need to buy additional modules.
i think it is a great addition, softube modular its power with its sound, the voltage modular with his easy "sketching" and low cpu usage, and a lot of modules included. the additive oscallitor is a great module to buy. for me, that is.

the plugin hosting is certainly great, i wanted to buy the from one vcv rack, and reason can also do plugin hosting, cv controlled.. but with both i ended up in complex setups, no prob in reason, a prob in vcv. it will be a next step to make complex combinators in reason.

but i own, for example the minifilter, glitchmachines quadrant (and others), ms-20 (fx), a lot of modulated effect plugins (mostly one sale, for very cheap, or "second hand").

the voltage modular doesn't sound bad, that isn't true, but it has not the real harshness of softube, but i use them for different results, and the voltage modular is a instrument, just like softube, to make things i can't do, in other programs, or not that easy. i already have an experimental track with voltage modalar and softube modular.
(also in my experience vcv rack doesn't compare, sound quality with softube modular, cherry audio sounds better to me than vcv rack.)

by the way, if someone of cherry audio "listens", i still get crackles within cubase 9.5 pro, except when positioned on my "instrument" screen. i use 3 monitors, it seems that it crackles more, when cubase 9.5 pro screens (not third party plugins), are on the same monitor as voltage modular.
and i still get crackles with scrolling, but not with playback anymore. i will report this also on the forum.

i am thinking to buy the 16 step sequencer, although i think it must be one of the basic modules. i made my own setup, with my basic logic, to link 2 sequencers. with the drum sequencer as trigger source. it works but not that well. there is a way to link 2 sequencers, there is a lot to find. but i wanted to try it myself...

Not having a link like Softube for the sequencers makes linking them something I don't even want to try to attempt. It's not worth the effort. I agree. A 16 step sequencer should be basic. But oh well. Whatever.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:59 pm Not having a link like Softube for the sequencers makes linking them something I don't even want to try to attempt. It's not worth the effort. I agree. A 16 step sequencer should be basic. But oh well. Whatever.
yes, i know that the softube sequencers can be linked. and i also see that voltage modular lacks a linking option. so it isn't worth effort, i agree. i was mainly testing my own modular thinking. that isn't basic anymore, but not on an expert level, far from.

$10 won't break the bank...

I thought I got a good deal at $83 for VM+the drum stuff bundle. You can get it for around $70 now at the online shops. Wish they'd discount the modules too. oh. wait. business plan.... :phones:

What is up with payment processing now? I choose credit card, it won't let me. Says no method chosen. So I choose Paypal and in the options it doesn't allow me to choose "Paypal Balance" and have to choose either my bank or credit card anyway.

I mean, WTF?

wagtunes wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm What is up with payment processing now? I choose credit card, it won't let me. Says no method chosen. So I choose Paypal and in the options it doesn't allow me to choose "Paypal Balance" and have to choose either my bank or credit card anyway.

I mean, WTF?
It's the internet, man. It barely works. :phones:

Payment by PayPal is a new option (introduced this week?). In your position I would contact Cherry Audio and ask how to make your payment.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:53 pm Payment by PayPal is a new option (introduced this week?). In your position I would contact Cherry Audio and ask how to make your payment.
I chose Paypal and then selected my credit card as the option as paying through Paypal balance wasn't an option.

Whatever.

On a brighter note, the Andrew Macaulay modules are bat shit awesome. Anybody into West Coast stuff and on the fence, don't be. Just get it. You won't be sorry.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:24 pm On a brighter note, the Andrew Macaulay modules are bat shit awesome. Anybody into West Coast stuff and on the fence, don't be. Just get it. You won't be sorry.
i bought them too, i few minutes ago, in the "complete" bundle. paypal worked for me, by the way. don't have a creditcard, luckily.. great selection of utilities and controllers.

plexuss wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:06 pm I thought I got a good deal at $83 for VM+the drum stuff bundle. You can get it for around $70 now at the online shops. Wish they'd discount the modules too. oh. wait. business plan.... :phones:
i also bought it for around $70, and within the shop, 2 modules, and a bundle...

the money i invested in the softube modular exceeds what i invested in voltage modular, in a way, i don't won't to add up... but the pleasure of the softube modular, and the sounds i can make with it...
the voltage modular, i am repeating it, i use for a different approach. and still as a modular...

the multi-core discussion i followed, but the cpu usage is immensely low, i own an old laptop (still a I7 second gen, 4 cores/8 threads), vcv rack blows (ventilator.... but works), softube modular brings it down on it knees... with voltage modular, i can work without my main studio setup.

EDIT: but the crackles, only in my main studio setup, are annoying. the openGL implementation can be better... i already mentioned, that on my third monitor, with no cubase windows on it, the crackles while playing are almost gone, but scrolling, and especially sizing of the window......

Question about sampler module.

Are samples internally stored in the module or do they have to be included elsewhere (in a folder) if you want to share patches with another user?

Return to “Instruments”