VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiplicity

dermage wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:02 pm
3ee wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:28 pm
DaveGamble wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:24 pm
Jopmanajop wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 am So, Multiplicity is Composition?
Composition is still being worked on. And it's sexy. But it's an entirely different beast to Multiplicity.

Dave.
Would that be some kind of Track series version of Multiplicity? ..please tell us more! :D
I thought the next tool would be a multi-component-flavor-in-the-box processor. Dave collected some sought after gear which he wanted to reproduce/model. Is that right Dave? I actually thought this would come out before Multiplicity, but still very happy M. was released first :)
We are still working out the details of what Composition will be. I do indeed have a rack of gear here - and a few of the items in it are modelled in TrackComp already. I do like the idea of having a mix-and-match analogue thing, but that's completely unrelated to Multiplicity. :)

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Very flexible tool with advanced capabilities for dynamics control.
Very musical.

How does this compare to Pro-MB and waves F6?

axb312 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 pm How does this compare to Pro-MB and waves F6?
Very favorably. :wink:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

axb312 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 pm How does this compare to Pro-MB and waves F6?
Check out the demos of both to see the differences. MB acts on bands defined by cross-overs; Multiplicity uses EQ curves for the most part. You can get the curves interacting in interesting ways dynamically that doesn't occur in MB. Mult also has more control over the dynamics and sidechain per band. I feel the dynamics algos in Mult have been tweeked to sound musical across a wide range but I may be wrong - there is something about it which makes it sound good across a wide range of use; not as much of this with pro-MB. In my mind Multi is not a multi-band dynamics processor - I consider it a sophisticated dynamics/EQ processor. Splitting hairs, maybe... :phones:

bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:23 pm
Ugh.

Actually, its more flexible then both.

Great plugin. But not a game changer imo.

Look! We made more video! :D

https://youtu.be/gdnCGuD_uhU

DaveGamble wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:04 pm Look! We made more video! :D

https://youtu.be/gdnCGuD_uhU
Excellent!

Hi all,

I've been investigating the two crash dumps that I've received and it's a real head scratcher, but I think (hope) I've found this.
If I'm right, then closing the tooltip tab will be the end of crashes (until I get 1.01 into your hands). If you're seeing crashes, please could you give that a go and let me know if that remedies everything?

Many thanks!

Dave.

axb312 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:15 am
bmanic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:23 pm
Ugh.
this. DMG makes some of the best modern eq's ever made. get a clue.

.. oh yeah... only thing fab filter does right is gate and saturn. that ish is too heavy on the cutoffs.

1.01 just went to beta :) new features and fixes! :D

Hopping that this update features more extreme upward ratios and a lower floor gate threshold for noisy goodness :hyper:

Return to “Effects”