Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

jdnz wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:49 am
stian wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:15 am The newest version should be better when automating parameters.
Is 1.8.x going to be made available to verberate customers or is just for use in acoustica (veberate download page is still just 1.6.2)
Verberate license key will in fact unlock the version shipped with Acoustica already. We will update the stand-alone version as well, but we won't manage before the end of this year, I'm afraid.

Best,
Stian

Omkar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 pm In that context,
I can`t hold back my curiosity, I .. just .. can`t:
is there some sort of rough Verberate road map on what to expect when?
We're working on version 2 at the time being. Unfortunately, it's too early to say anything yet, but there will be new late reverb algorithms.

Best,
Stian

Winstontaneous wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 pm Hi Stian, thanks for the reply! I have seen you post about the Size zippering noise previously and was aware of that. I meant to point out that Reverb Time was also noisy (for me) in 1.8.x while it is/was not in 1.6.x.
Thanks, I see -- I'll check the reverb time issue.
Winstontaneous wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 pmJust for the record, I find the slimmer size (or possible less serif-y) font in 1.8.x and Equalize v2 less readable, the fact that the plugin can be resized (but not zoomed) makes this it a little bit of an issue for those of us north of 40 :-).
It's true, the new font is smaller. I've been thinking about a scale option in the preferences. That could be a nice thing also for those using VST2.4 on high DPI displays where there's no support for scaling.
Winstontaneous wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 pmAlso, compared to most other reverbs, I am curious about the lack of Diffusion control. I am not saying Verberate needs one, and don't expect you to reveal secrets. Does Diffusion get computed behind the scenes when other parameters are changed? I'm a bit of an algorithmic reverb anorak and am fascinated by the reasons for similarities/differences in various products. Thanks!
You're right and the reason is that Verberate doesn't use the all-pass filters common in reverb design. All-pass filters are commonly used to increase density, but they exhibit some artifacts and there's a trade-off between density and these artifacts. Verberate on the other hand, is high density by design.

Best,
Stian
Last edited by stian on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry, double post...

stian wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:37 pm
We're working on version 2 at the time being. Unfortunately, it's too early to say anything yet, but there will be new late reverb algorithms.

Best,
Stian
This is great news! Verberate sounds wonderful already and is my favourite algorithm reverb :tu: Can’t wait for Verberate 2.0 :)

stian wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Best,
Stian

Good news!

dickiefunk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:03 pmThis is great news! Verberate sounds wonderful already and is my favourite algorithm reverb :tu: Can’t wait for Verberate 2.0 :)
TheSynthScientist wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 am Good news!
Thanks for the kind words -- I'm very glad to hear that!

Best,
Stian

I've bought it yesterday. It's really a very nice reverb. I usually use Altiverb, eventide sp2016 as well as some other reverb for specific situations. Verberate is so clean and so sweet!!! Thank you Stian!

nahnou wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:11 pm I've bought it yesterday. It's really a very nice reverb. I usually use Altiverb, eventide sp2016 as well as some other reverb for specific situations. Verberate is so clean and so sweet!!! Thank you Stian!
I'm glad to hear that, thanks for the kind words!

Best,
Stian

We're happy to announce that Verberate 2 will be released on March 15. It comes with a new late reverb algorithm we call Vivid Hall. It is based on entirely new technology -- no more feedback delay networks (FDN), comb filters, all-pass filters or similar techniques from traditional reverb design. Only natural and pristine reverb tails without repeating patterns, resonances or artifacts. The stereo version will be released on March 15.

Please check out our introduction video: https://youtu.be/NDk9twNCdqk

Best,
Stian

:o :hyper:
How much is the upgrade? 8)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Love the intro vid, looking forward ...
maybe too early but same question here, how much scallops to collect for upgrade next month?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Do the $29 sale again on V1 before then? Please..? :oops:

Wow, interesting! The Bloom (Attack control) was the one thing I felt Reverberate could use, everything else looks great too!

Return to “Effects”