Amplitube as a subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nunca.

Fleer wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:11 am No. Subs.
Not even at $1.
+inf
Not even at 1 cent

Having said that, if you must, at the very least make it as an 'option' for those who are so inclined, but keep the old fashioned pay once user in perpetuity available for those of us who wont go down the Subscription road. Please IK, whatever you do, don't do what another now defunct company which will remain nameless did after including such a 'Subscription' question in a survey (which from what you read was almost universally poo pooed by the users) and that is essentially bring out a Subscription model regardless but under another name while trying to deny it was a subscription. (in that case it was 99% a subscription model, with a slight twist, which was none the less regarded as a Subscription by the majority of users, depending on how you looked at it.

As for me, IK going subscription with no option to choose to keep things as they are would mean any future relationship/purchases with IK would be at an end.
Say NO to CLAP!

While I personally wouldn't pay for an IK sub, I don't have a problem with them so long as they
present a good value, which is certainly tough to do in the audio software world. I have 1 audio sub
that I got when I canceled my funimation account that I had already been paying, for 10 yrs probably,
since it was the same price. I like it well enough as I like the software, otherwise I am barely even
aware of it.

The complaints about adobe, I don't really get. Anyone that complains about that obviously has
no idea what they're talking about when it comes to the value of content creation software in a
professional context and even otherwise. Even at the full sub, it would take, I think it was 18
years or something to exceed the retail cost of everything. And that doesn't include the cost
of upgrades you would likely have paid over the same amount of time. Not to mention all the
services the sub includes. E.g. it's very literally cheaper to sub adobe than it was when
you could buy it.

Anyway, whatever...

jinotsuh wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:15 am
Not even at $1.
+inf
Not even at 1 cent

Having said that, if you must, at the very least make it as an 'option' for those who are so inclined, but keep the old fashioned pay once user in perpetuity available for those of us who wont go down the Subscription road. Please IK, whatever you do, don't do what another now defunct company which will remain nameless did after including such a 'Subscription' question in a survey (which from what you read was almost universally poo pooed by the users) and that is essentially bring out a Subscription model regardless but under another name while trying to deny it was a subscription. (in that case it was 99% a subscription model, with a slight twist, which was none the less regarded as a Subscription by the majority of users, depending on how you looked at it.

As for me, IK going subscription with no option to choose to keep things as they are would mean any future relationship/purchases with IK would be at an end.
Not this shit again!

Sonar was NOT AT All a subscription model.

The license was always perpetual. All you paid for was updates for the time-span you had "subscribed" for. You could use your lastest state of upgrade forever.

If you don't see the dramatic difference to a subscription model where your stuff stops functioning after the subscription ends then that says a lot about your congnitive abilities.

It's actually really super-simple:

subscription: rent

Cakewalk Sonar: purchase

Stop spreading misinformation / talking about stuff that for some odd reason seems to go way over your head...

Edit: corrected silly autocorrect errors
Last edited by jens on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Who the heck 'needs' 40 amp models, anyways? I don't. Oh, and with IKM's retail model, tax is not included, so you'd have to factor that in, as well.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

jinotsuh wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:15 am As for me, IK going subscription with no option to choose to keep things as they are would mean any future relationship/purchases with IK would be at an end.
It already was for me, more than 10 years ago.
I bought Piano Collection for ST1.

And when they releases 64-bit version about 5 years ago, they gave that away with some free stuff - but for those customers already bought IK products, like me, we did not get import ST1 feature unless you also bought ST3(I think it was).

So pay another €150 upgrade cost to get something working that I bought once.
- yeah, right

They gave away plugin itself, but excluded import for those existing IK customers?

Something is really wrong with this picture, for me at least. :(

For piano stuff I bought Yamaha digital pianos, but as a company IK is no go for me.

They don't have enough of interest for me to justify anything remotely resembling $360 in a year. I'm not really even using Amplitube 4. Occasionally I trot out one of their compressors, which are seriously good items, but the Custom Shop has me off of AT4 in a big way. I have teh 40 Jam Points but I couldn't find ways to use 'em, the other day.

$29, I bought something fantastic for that exact amount a couple days ago which I'll be able to use for the rest of my life having paid for it.
(Tbilat drums by Soundiron BTW.)

That economy isn't likely to make sense unless money is no object, and then there's still the principle of the thing.

I can't believe they're even considering such a thing. Knowing them, even if there's overwhelming antipathy, they'll do it anyway.

I went and bought a bunch of other stuff when they wouldn't upgrade Sampletank 2 to 64 bit. VSL SE's and Omnisphere come to mind. I went for Sampletank 3, but I only use the mellotron flute from Sampletron (which I needed the S3 for, because at the time, there was no free option for S3, though there is now, I think).

I joined KVR after googling IKM and the 64 bit issue. I saw I wasn't alone with this problem.

And if money was no object, then owning the whole shebang wouldn't be an issue, either.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

No way. Don't even use it anymore. Bunch of amp models all with that same fizziness.

Not even at $1.
This is one of the silliest comments I've ever seen. You wouldn't pay 12 bucks a year for something you'd use? I don't have the money to say no to something like that. I'm not "Joe Sub" but for crying out loud, that would be like shooting yourself in the foot, footing the bill for medical, and then cutting it off just to spite everything.

Or it's like tossing the shoe that's begun to stink in the trash, finally. Instead of paying rent for shoes, you go to the shoe store to buy a pair.

That analogy's one of the sillier things I hope to see today, not to exaggerate too much. I'm not ever going to embrace renting unless it's rent to buy, I haven't seen that this is their idea.

Some people aren't into their ways since the Custom Shop became their whole thing, I'm not going to be buying Amplitube anything. I bought some mic models a few years ago for Amplitube, I guess the Jam Point burned a hole in my pocket. Not today.

I won’t even touch their free plugins tbh. The shop thing really rubbed me the wrong way when they introduced it, ending my days of buying their products completely.

Subscription will always benefit the company and is a huge disadvantage to the customer. A subscription only makes sense when it comes to a service, not a product.
You are currently reading my signature.

Would always hope it got undercut by a sale and in a world of possible $29-$99 sales, why would I endanger this for even a hypothetical $12? I think at least for hobbyist's it makes no sense.

Plus if only option - kills software preservation! -_-p You BASTARDS! \>_</

Absolutely not....ever....period. I don't care if I have to use a Win7 machine and the software I already own for the rest of my life. Screw IK and ANY company that even suggests this BS model.

NO SAS!! :x
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Return to “Effects”