RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

W23 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 pm Does Rapid work properly with a Mac yet? That’s what held me back from buying it the last time I looked at it. The Mac version was still a bit on the buggy side
What bugs? Version 1 was practically bugless. New major update introduced some bugs that were later addressed and now works flawless.

sircuit wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pmWhat bugs? Version 1 was practically bugless.
I alone posted 7 oder 8 Mac bugs... Don't know if they got fixed though. Rather tested other stuff then :lol:

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm
sircuit wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pmWhat bugs? Version 1 was practically bugless.
I alone posted 7 oder 8 Mac bugs...
You sure you are in the right thread? Like maybe you’re talking about Avenger?

sircuit wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:16 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm
I alone posted 7 oder 8 Mac bugs...
You sure you are in the right thread? Like maybe you’re talking about Avenger?
Yes because parawave had kind of a big mouth (no offense ^^) about how buggy Avenger is and their mac update will be stable and bug free :wink: I then tested it and wrote a couple of them, like others too.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 pm 1-The installer is not verified. In default the installer will not open!
2-One of the versions caused Studio One to completely freeze during the first plugin scan. A mac restart was necessary. I cannot say which one because both got blacklisted. I was not able to reproduce afterwards.
3-Even in HQ 60fps the ui felt very sluggish. (AU+VST)
4-Right after loading a preset I get massive CPU spikes and dropouts. They hold up to 2 seconds. (AU+VST)
5-The preset loading time from my SSD is pretty high. For example "Splitted Caribic Sunset 2" takes up to 6 or 7 seconds. (AU+VST)
6-Touch automation is not working. (AU)
7-Sometimes while tuning knobs the ui starts flickering and I can see the mouse arrow. (AU)
8-Knob handling is uncommon: If I turn a knob to 100% and keep moving the mouse, I have to move the mouse the same distance in opposite direction before the knob is reacting to the mouse movement again. I expected the mouse movement to "clip" and as soon as I move it into another direction the knob should reflect this. (AU+VST)
9-I played a saw and automated a macro to control the LP filter. When automating this macro the filter closes as expected but it sounded very steppy.
Things are like this now:
1. didn't noticed here
2. not using S1 so can't test
3. works fine in Logic, Reaper, Live, Vienna Ensemble Pro
4. no issues in aforementioned hosts
5. the splits I have in factory load in 1-3 s
6. no issues in aforementioned hosts
7. no issues in aforementioned hosts
8. confirmed
9. no issues in aforementioned hosts

Cool. With the new 3rd party skin I saw in here I might give it another demo time. So far I decided to work with others instead.

sircuit wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:51 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 pm
Things are like this now:
1. didn't noticed here
2. not using S1 so can't test
3. works fine in Logic, Reaper, Live, Vienna Ensemble Pro
4. no issues in aforementioned hosts
5. the splits I have in factory load in 1-3 s
6. no issues in aforementioned hosts
7. no issues in aforementioned hosts
8. confirmed
9. no issues in aforementioned hosts
That’s good news. It just seemed that every time I started seriously considering it, there was always a couple of threads where someone would complain, “But they haven’t fixed the Mac issues yet”. I’ll take another look at the next promotional discount campaign. I keep hearing really good things about it

W23 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 pm Does Rapid work properly with a Mac yet? That’s what held me back from buying it the last time I looked at it. The Mac version was still a bit on the buggy side
Hi!
I have been working with Rapid on a mac for some time and everything works very well and has never crashed so far. Before the version 1.5 it could happen that Rapid reacted a bit laggy. The problem was because of the old GUI and has been fixed since version 1.5. Since that it works perfectly on my mac. The best thing is you download the latest demo. :tu:

I work since 3 years with Rapid and i never had any crashes or other bigger problems except of one little thing, that sometimes (very rare) rapid seems to freeze... But until now I could not reproduce it to find out what causes it.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Does anyone here besides me want to see Rapid as Effect?
Last edited by Amram on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amram wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:01 pm Does anyone here besides me want to see Rapid as Effect?
Yes me. :tu:
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

shonky wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:31 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:55 pm Nice, always wanted it!
The bigger questions now is - do I really need it? ;) :D
Was asking myself the same thing. In terms of wavetable synths, I already have Massive, Europa and Icarus, as well as Arcsyn, Harmor and Thorn which cover similar territory, albeit not strictly wavetable.
A few months down the line, I'm thinking I could strim down my other synths as it takes me way longer to get good results with them than Rapid and Rapid really accentuates the limitations of those other instruments (love Icarus but the modulation and fx are quite limted in comparison).

One thing I would find helpful is if the drag and drop modulation also allowed for adjustment of the mod amount without referring to the matrix, similar to how it's implemented in Thorn. Otherwise, I think it's a great synth in terms of feature set and sound.

shonky wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:16 amA few months down the line, I'm thinking I could strim down my other synths as it takes me way longer to get good results with them than Rapid and Rapid really accentuates the limitations of those other instruments (love Icarus but the modulation and fx are quite limted in comparison).

One thing I would find helpful is if the drag and drop modulation also allowed for adjustment of the mod amount without referring to the matrix, similar to how it's implemented in Thorn. Otherwise, I think it's a great synth in terms of feature set and sound.
Haven't checked out Thorn. You mean something beside the knob, so you can set the depth directly without using the routing entry? It's planned.

@Development:
No dates yet. Just a hint. Rapid will probably get some form of curve editor in the next major update.
The consequence of it:
  • Mapping curves for routings.
  • MSEG as modulation source.
  • Custom velocity mapping.
  • Custom keytrack.
Must have or a luxury feature? Any thoughts?

@Mod Matrix:
I have some questions to ask.
Some users (or potential users?) complained about the horizontal routing lane aka Mod. Matrix, because they are used to vertical scrolling MM lists. I still think it's very fast to use because:
1. No tab switching.
2. You see seven entries at once. Which is enough.
3. You can change the modulation depth and see the corresponding target knob.

That aside. How about an optional vertical routing list? An extra button that will open a whole page with a vertical list of all routings? Will it increase the workflow for some users?

Is it really about the list, or could it be compensated by additional features? Like sorting, filtering of routing entries? Ideas are welcome.

---
Another thing. Music Radar started a poll:

What’s the best VST/AU plugin software synth in the world today?
https://www.musicradar.com/news/whats-t ... mWSH7co-IU

It would be great to see Rapid in the Top Ranking. Vote for Parawave Audiodesign Rapid if you think the same. Thanks!

Hi Parawave - No problem to vote for RAPID :tu: :tu: :tu:

I have been asking for this for a while. Please can you add: Saving of presets for FX stack, layer stack including FX etc.

Looking forward to curve editor :D :D :D :D :D :D

Also - when are we getting Mirko's new reverb algorithms - these are incredible!!! :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Thanks so much for this brilliant synth :) :) :) :) :) :)

Return to “Instruments”