Waves Update broke my plugins again

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made the mistake of noticing that some updates were released in recent months to my plugins, so like a moron I opened up the Waves Central and clicked on "update".

Just a monthly reminder that Waves Central is an ungodly disaster. Now on to who knows how many rounds of support and re-installation efforts just to get back to normal. :dog:

Bummer, sorry to hear that.

What's your OS?

what it do?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Windows 10.

The DAW says the licenses aren't there any more. After clicking on the same popup for every plugin, Waves plugins no longer appear as available plugins in my system. Like they were never there.

i would contact support but if the licenses are not there they are not in your cloud? If the pkugins are not there reinstall?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I'm back in. Looking around the Waves Central I saw the option to manually install each plugin. So I took the time to go through the process for each. Now the DAW sees them again. As Waves-breaking goes, this one was pretty minor.

I've had to do a "fresh reinstall", which on Windows basically means tracking every garbage piece of Waves code left in a half a dozen folders that will not remove itself cleanly with an uninstall process, and also find the Registry entries that also linger in your system as hidden data. Carefully destroy all of that using the community guides, then you can install the Waves Central fresh and try again. There's a thread around here that goes in more detail. I can surface it if anyone needs it.

Thanks for listening ;)

Waves Central strikes again with its shiny helpful looking button that detonates a grenade in the heart of your rig. You'll get people blaming you for not reading the manual etc, but in fact it will forever be a basic UI/UX fail on the part of Waves. I want Waves to print out this cartoon and blow it up to cover an entire wall of their HQ:

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

If you run parallel ver. 9 and ver. 10 plugins in your computer, remember choose ”do not update all” during the Waves Central installing process.

Back when the Waves launched the ver. 10, I complained to the Waves support of that pitfall, and I got just a load of s**t on me, as a reply, and a stamp of complainer from them.

The latest update was a problem for me also on win10, half my plugs stopped appearing in Studio One after update because for some reason the installer needed admin privs to install those that were missing properly

Obligatory "Huh, no problems here" comment

:cry:

The cartoon image reminds me of the of the format drive option drive option on windows. Right click on c drive and there is an option to format drive, erasing all data. Why have that there at all? That should be hidden. Could have a bad day if cat jumps on keyboard or you accidentally click on the side buttons on a mouse and end up formatting your drive. Of course a popup would come up asking to reformat, but I'm sure someone somewhere would just click okay to get rid of the screen.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

It’s most likely you still have Version 9 licenses, which are no longer being upgraded. So by updating you accidentally upgraded your plugins to Version 10.

You can rollback the update though. There is an offline V9 installer available through Central I believe.

At least, this is what your problem sounds like to me.

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 pm The cartoon image reminds me of the of the format drive option drive option on windows. Right click on c drive and there is an option to format drive, erasing all data. Why have that there at all? That should be hidden. Could have a bad day if cat jumps on keyboard or you accidentally click on the side buttons on a mouse and end up formatting your drive. Of course a popup would come up asking to reformat, but I'm sure someone somewhere would just click okay to get rid of the screen.
Formatting C: would do nothing... a drive has to be unmounted to be able to format it, and, you can't unmount the system partition, when the OS is running. ;)

I agree though, when there's more than one drive in your computer. It will prompt you anyway though, when you click on it. But, agreed, it should be hidden in a partitioning app or something.

I dunno, never actually heard of anyone formatting a drive by accident via that method. The multiple warnings and alerts detailing the outcome in plain language are pretty clear. Waves Central on the other hand...

The update screwed up every use of TG Mastering in Reaper. It says this plugin used is not available but it's in the fx and I can load it again. I just loose all the settings I had done with the so called previous version. And I have doubles of all the TG Mastering vsts. Guess what, only half work.

Return to “Effects”