Overloud TH-U

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:34 am
force_redo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am Now, I haven't tried it yet (and I'm not a big fan of TH3) but what's with this RigPlayer?
Sounds a bit like "Kemper in Software" what so many of us have been waiting for... But maybe it's just marketing-speech for a bunch of presets?
Can anyone enlighten me?
Yeah, I dunno. I played with it for a few and didn't like what I heard. That doesn't mean it's not cool just that there was nothing that sounded even close to AT4. I've got the Slate bundle so I'll get the striped down version but I didn't care for the presets of the RigPlayer that I heard.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably pass on this one. As far as I understand you can't profile your own rig. That would have been a great feature...

3rd day playing with this, I bought the British Classics Rig Player amps and presets for TH-U yesterday - I am starting to appreciate this addition, these amps are sweet!

ShawnMH wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:09 pm 3rd day playing with this, I bought the British Classics Rig Player amps and presets for TH-U yesterday - I am starting to appreciate this addition, these amps are sweet!
Same here. Really like the rig player function, and I got the British classic rig player amps also, and I’m looking forward to more releases… Bring on the fender rig player! The amp tweak feature adds a lot of ability to shape tone also.

I'm loving this as well, I always liked the Brunetti models though.
For what it's worth - if you want to do metal, the Engl E646 plug or the Fortin stuff are probably better but I really love the feel I get playing a Tele or Strat into TH-U.
I play guitar

Instantly deleted the demo when it shocked me with an extremely loud static noise - peaking at over 200 in Logic - two minutes into the demo after I just switched a cabinet. Be aware people!

Anyone know how to install the British amp pack addon?

I bought it through jrrshop couple of days ago. There is no download and nowhere on the Overloud site to activate the purchase. I've email Overloud but they are taking the weekend off.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

(wrong thread) :ud:

morelia wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 am Anyone know how to install the British amp pack addon?

I bought it through jrrshop couple of days ago. There is no download and nowhere on the Overloud site to activate the purchase. I've email Overloud but they are taking the weekend off.
Did you get a code/authorization from JRR? You should have, so I will assume that you did.

I looked on the main site for the demo, or a download and couldn't find one either. So I went back to my purchase email and copied the link from there:

https://www.overloud.com/installation-r ... hp?p=11200

Once you have the file for the British Classics Amp Pack, simply drag and drop the file into the TH-U interface and then you will be prompted to put in the serial number.

composingkeys3 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:52 pm Once you have the file for the British Classics Amp Pack, simply drag and drop the file into the TH-U interface and then you will be prompted to put in the serial number.
Is there a way to demo that pack with demo of TH-U? I'm much more interested in these rig profiles than the rest of the package, so I might be willing to buy something like the TH-U Rock + British Classics combo, but I'd like to be able to demo the British Classics too first.

ShawnMH wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:27 pm I looked on the main site for the demo, or a download and couldn't find one either. So I went back to my purchase email and copied the link from there:
Thanks so much. Overloud support has been pretty shit (for me) since the release of TH-U so I appreciate you solving a problem they are dragging their feet on.

composingkeys3 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:52 pm Once you have the file for the British Classics Amp Pack, simply drag and drop the file into the TH-U interface and then you will be prompted to put in the serial number.
Yep that works. I bought it from jrrshop though and they supplied nothing but a serial number. There is nothing to be found on the Overloud website about a download and It's been over 48 hours and 2 emails with no reply from Overloud. Thanks for the help.

I wasn't particularly impressed by the models in TH-U at all. Might just be pilot error and needing to play around with the microphones more on the cabinets, but the cabs sounded boomy and dark. I also didn't like that the number of controls available on each amp didnt' correlate to the hardware and prefer a more true-to-form approach with things like vibrato, spring reverb, multiple channels.

That said, I was really impressed with some of the Rig Player profiles in the demo (had already used one to write a track) and was especially impressed by the audio demos for the British Collection. So I ended up buying the TH-U Funk and Jazz (or whatever it's called) for the clean amps, just to get access to the Rig Player, then bought the British Collection at the same time. That British Collection sounds really great for crunch tones, and even has some nice cleans in there. I don't say this lightly, but easily the best distortion and lead tones I've ever gotten ITB from Rig Player.

My advice for Overloud would be:

1. Allow people to make their own and sell third-party Rig Player presets. I'd love to profile my Princeton Reverb, Laney Lionheart 5w, and even my Laney AOR-30 (combo amp based on modified JCM 800 circuit).

2. Charge $49 just for Rig Player with nothing else (this will help make the third-party portion of #1 more palatable from a business perspective as people will buy Rig Player just for access to the profiles).

3. Continue to release a bunch of rig player packs similar to the British Collection (please do an American collection with a Blackface Twin, Princeton Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, Super Reverb then some tweeds like a Bassman, Deluxe and Champ).

Result: watch as money pours in.

Even just using the cab section of rig player is an improvement over the stock cabs IMO.

On a side note: the section of the manual pertaining the Rig Player controls is pretty weak. What exactly is "Definition" doing? What's happening when I add "Clarity," or change the "Tube Shape"? Definition is pretty easy to hear, but the effect of clarity for example, isn't quite as obvious. Would be nice to know what these knobs are meant to do and how to use them.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:31 pm On a side note: the section of the manual pertaining the Rig Player controls is pretty weak. What exactly is "Definition" doing? What's happening when I add "Clarity," or change the "Tube Shape"? Definition is pretty easy to hear, but the effect of clarity for example, isn't quite as obvious. Would be nice to know what these knobs are meant to do and how to use them.
+1

Return to “Effects”