Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:25 am
harryupbabble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 amDevices that emit EMF didn't used to be in homes that much compared to before and so maybe it might take a while before those EMF-emitting devices are deemed "truly" and "definitely" safe/unsafe?
This is actually where the strongest evidence lies. 30 years ago, nobody held a radio transmitter to the Side of their head for an hour a day but for the last 20-odd years, practically everyone has been doing it. Now, if there was any danger posed by doing this, you'd expect to see a significant rise in the rates of brain cancers and tumours, maybe a 10-fold or even greater increase. However, within the bounds of normal statistical variations, the rates of brain tumours and brain cancers are pretty much the same as they were in the 1980s. That, right there, should be all the evidence you need to understand that the danger is zero.

Think about it, we are bathed in radiation constantly - TV, radio, Wi-Fi, sunlight, light-bulbs and all the background cosmic radiation left over from the Big Bang - we evolved to deal with it. Plants evolved to harness it and turn it into energy. Without it we would all die, with it we thrive.
I think this is where most people's ability to process data is severely limited.
The concept of a statistically insignificant increase is somehow impossible for most people to grasp. I really wish schools taught logic, and the dangers of confirmation bias, selective evidence etc.

My favorite new game is disavowing whole fields of study because of a perceived bias by examining it through a modern ethical lense. Definitely more of Hyde Park conversation though.

You still using a Seaboard? I've got the smaller Block and have been thinking about the Rise 49 for a while.

Regarding the EMF exposure debate, I should be sleeping now (damn insomnia) and I know I stated "I rest my case" but...

A lot of these EMF exposure studies seem to be separate? They are not really looking at ALL the EMF exposures combined? The modern city life?

It may be true that a lot of EMF are weak individually but together maybe they are strong? They don't have to be "laser-strong" to do damage? They just have to be DNA-disruptor capable?

There is EMF exposure from cell phones, from TVs, from computers and monitors, from possibly faulty microwave ovens, from shavers, sex toys, hair dryer, clothes dryer, washing machines, etc. All these devices... combined.

I may be reaching but maybe "some" of the people that got cancer used a lot of EMF-emitting gadgets and devices and it took its toll on their immune system or whatever system?

What about people that don't live in cities? "Real" bushmen don't use hair-dyers, shavers, etc, and have zero or at least far far less exposure to EMF emitted by gadgets and devices? Do they have less cancer? Some "witnesses" have said something like "Nope, they don't have cancer, they don't even have the equivalent word for cancer in their language". For example, the un-modernized Innuit (or Eskimo to some) (as opposed to the modernized ones) has many words for snow but no word for cancer?

Hey, speaking of "primitive" people... the idea of the wheel supposedly did not occur to the AssTechs and the Incas. I disagree semi-strongly and noncommittally. Methinks the AssTechs and Incas were aware of wheel technology. It's just that they consider the sun to be God and maybe it was sacrilege to them to be seeing their God in wheelbarrows, and other inventions that other cultures already proceeded to invent because their Gods weren't circular?

Okay, for real yo, I am off to try harder to fall asleep. Bye. Take it easy. Try not to have a neck vein of yours explode. Does that even really happen? I'll Google that later, fo sho, using the search words "spontaneous neck vein explosion".
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 am Regarding the EMF exposure debate, I should be sleeping now (damn insomnia) and I know I stated "I rest my case" but...

A lot of these EMF exposure studies seem to be separate? They are not really looking at ALL the EMF exposures combined? The modern city life?

It may be true that a lot of EMF are weak individually but together maybe they are strong? They don't have to be "laser-strong" to do damage? They just have to be DNA-disruptor capable?

There is EMF exposure from cell phones, from TVs, from computers and monitors, from possibly faulty microwave ovens, from shavers, sex toys, hair dryer, clothes dryer, washing machines, etc. All these devices... combined.

I may be reaching but maybe "some" of the people that got cancer used a lot of EMF-emitting gadgets and devices and it took its toll on their immune system or whatever system?

What about people that don't live in cities? "Real" bushmen don't use hair-dyers, shavers, etc, and have zero or at least far far less exposure to EMF emitted by gadgets and devices? Do they have less cancer? Some "witnesses" have said something like "Nope, they don't have cancer, they don't even have the equivalent word for cancer in their language". For example, the un-modernized Innuit (or Eskimo to some) (as opposed to the modernized ones) has many words for snow but no word for cancer?

Hey, speaking of "primitive" people... the idea of the wheel supposedly did not occur to the AssTechs and the Incas. I disagree semi-strongly and noncommittally. Methinks the AssTechs and Incas were aware of wheel technology. It's just that they consider the sun to be God and maybe it was sacrilege to them to be seeing their God in wheelbarrows, and other inventions that other cultures already proceeded to invent because their Gods weren't circular?

Okay, for real yo, I am off to try harder to fall asleep. Bye. Take it easy. Try not to have a neck vein of yours explode. Does that even really happen? I'll Google that later, fo sho, using the search words "spontaneous neck vein explosion".
You know you're just exposing yourself as having horrible logic skills.. You can't possibly think any of the nonsense you just posted is going to make your case? Look up the words concepts: conjecture, selective evidence, cognitive bias, and pseudo science.

Again, you're on benefits of some kind, for a mental disorder are you not? It's the only rational answer to your complete lack of decent gear on a plug in site like this. I'm not trying to be mean here, trying to understand why you can't seem to take the overwhelming evidence that no one here buys into the same partially conceived ideas you do.

^ The only rational answer to somebody lacking gear is a mental disorder?

AnX wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 am
BONES wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 am Being cautious and promoting hippy homeopathic crystal energy chakra alignment bullshit is not the same thing. And, if you want to have a studio .. you are going to have emf. And since this is a studio thread, I'm pretty sure we all are being exposed to emf. I'd prefer the tin foil hat propaganda BS be dealt with appropriately in the Hyde Park forum.
I wouldn't have EMF in my studio if you paid me! Bunch of tossers, that lot.
unbelievable :roll:
You're unbelievable.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 amI think this is where most people's ability to process data is severely limited. The concept of a statistically insignificant increase is somehow impossible for most people to grasp. I really wish schools taught logic, and the dangers of confirmation bias, selective evidence etc.
Now that's a world I would love to live in!
My favorite new game is disavowing whole fields of study...
So you understand why I always jump into any Mac v PC thread and get stuck into all and sundry about their analogue obsession?
You still using a Seaboard? I've got the smaller Block and have been thinking about the Rise 49 for a while.
Yeah but I haven't switched it on for a few months, as I've been doing production work on a new album. That should be finished in a few weeks, then I can get my toys out to play again. I recently got the iPad cover thing for it when it was on sale at a local shop. It was still expensive but it's better than having a tea towel draped over it to keep the dust off.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

AnX wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 am
BONES wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 am Being cautious and promoting hippy homeopathic crystal energy chakra alignment bullshit is not the same thing. And, if you want to have a studio .. you are going to have emf. And since this is a studio thread, I'm pretty sure we all are being exposed to emf. I'd prefer the tin foil hat propaganda BS be dealt with appropriately in the Hyde Park forum.
I wouldn't have EMF in my studio if you paid me! Bunch of tossers, that lot.
unbelievable :roll:

:hihi:
bottom of pg 299 :P

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 am So you understand why I always jump into any Mac v PC thread and get stuck into all and sundry about their analogue obsession?
to be honest not really. I'm convinced that 90% of peoples reasons for liking Mac or PC is based on what they started using, what they feel the most comfortable using. The 10% that makes up the increasingly minor differences in user experience between the two isn't as important as that initial comfort level.

I'm not loyal to OSX, but I've used Macs exclusively for years based on applications I like to use. Using DP and Live mostly these days it would be possible to switch since DP is Windows compatible now, but I waste enough time learning new music software, and although I'm not lost on Windows, I know my way around OSX.

As far as going into threads to argue with people who believe Macs suck or to argue the benefits of OSX etc. I just don't care. I really don't. The OS is the least interesting thing we do with computers, and both pretty much suck these days in terms of too many notifications you have to shut down or ignore etc.
I will say this though, there are people with a ridiculously hateful attitude about each OS, and I don't really get that. People who believe one is "evil" in some way, when it's literally two computer OS firms that helped get us to this place we're at now with plug ins and audio recording of exceptionally high quality for really cheap compared to the 80's etc. They also have stepped on the feet of audio development for various reasons, but for the most part it's the opposite, good stuff came out of both. There are some ridiculously angry Windows users who hate Apple like it was a drug cartel, and there are some cult like computer illiterate mac users who think it's bullet proof compared to Windows PC's without any proof or thought into it. Some of the things I've helped people with on their macs reminds me of what 80 year olds or 5 year olds who never used a computer would do.

I'm far more emotionally attached to audio developer/manufacturer brands I like the products of, even then, I have a love/hate relationship with NI for instance, Kontakt is great, Reaktor is fun, but they slash and burn at a rate that makes Apple look like a conservative legacy oriented company. It's generally down to the individual Product. iZotopes Ozone 8 Advanced with Tonal Balance Control is freaking brilliant for instance. A couple things in Arturias line up, U-He hits some serious home runs, Fxpansion Cypher 2 etc. etc.

samsam wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 am ^ The only rational answer to somebody lacking gear is a mental disorder?
You're not following. Dude won't shut up about how EMF radiation is harming my cat, that he calls sociopathic, posts sites literally selling beaded necklaces for EMF protection, won't shut up when people mock him openly in this thread. Then posts a couple jpgs of regular computer speakers and a solitary M-Audio keyboard claiming he's always broke, has been posting here for 7 years...

Sounds mental to me, it all fits if he has a disability keeping him from working, and making cognitive sense.

^ Sounds a bit mental, yeah I can see how it might f'sure. I won't be subscribing to his newsletter.

"You've got a mental disorder mate" - that's where I wouldn't personally tread but hey, never mind, all about opinions.

why? he cant stab you ...

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:06 pm why?
I dunno, 'cos it's a shit thing to say to somebody?

as a registered mental health patient, i get a free pass :)

machinesworking wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:53 pm Dude won't shut up about how EMF radiation is harming my cat, that he calls sociopathic
well obviously your cat wasnt a sociopath before the excessive EMF exposure, but...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

also, as hes continually broke, we cant legally call him eccentric.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”