Dmitry Sches' Thorn VI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

elassi wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:19 pm Can't tell, I cook myself and prefer to do so. :D
you cook yourself?
how do you taste?

i cook too, well sometimes. i mostly graze on snack food, hence pitta and houmous, im not pissing about making my own pitta and houmous!
negates the whole saving time by grazing on snack foods :lol:

Kr3eM wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:20 pm
EnderWillSaveUs wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 pm Any one that are not going to redeem their upgrade voucher, I would greatly appreciate it.
+1
If anyone doesn’t want to use his 19$ upgrade code to Thorn V1.2, I’m willing to trade it for my 25$ Plugin-Alliance monthly voucher.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 pm On the subject of the actual plugin itself.....

Has anyone tried 1.2 and found it to be more CPU demanding ?
I confirm there's crackles on some previous "heavy" polyphonic patches. I wonder, where is the support now? Is it PA or still Dmitry?

Steve1974 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 pm On the subject of the actual plugin itself.....

Has anyone tried 1.2 and found it to be more CPU demanding ?
I confirm there's crackles on some previous "heavy" polyphonic patches. I wonder, where is the support now? Is it PA or still Dmitry?
PA because they are selling it. They have to put DS to work.

I don't own Thorn or Diversion (only Tantra) but just chiming in to say screw any of y'all who took advantage of the voucher issue to get Thorn for 20 bucks.

There are a few predatory players in this industry but the vast majority of devs can barely make ends meet; taking advantage of mistakes like that will just lead to more small developers exiting the game and then we'll only be able to buy NI plugins and will end up in a world where the plugin-police will come round to your house and smash up your computer if you try to make anything that isn't tropical house or future bass.

Yes dev's life is tough and customers are evil cows with infinite pockets full of gold.

If you go through life fighting everyone else's battles you're going to have a miserable life. With that said I hate to see this dev get ripped off too.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

If people won't stand up for what's right, we'll all wind up having miserable lives. Fighting other people's battles is eventually fighting our own and reducing the need for fights. This is fundamental to the concept of community. When we forget this so we can free-ride to save ourselves trouble, we wind up in a much worse place.

Too often we overlook how our privileges in life came to be and why we can enjoy them mostly unmolested.

Don't pretend you're fighting for anyone but yourself please, because, that's how it is.

Probably half of the people which find a purse full of cash somewhere will try to return it to the owner, the other half will keep the money, same with those Thorn vouchers.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am Don't pretend you're fighting for anyone but yourself please, because, that's how it is.
No, that's just how misanthropes project when confronted with any degree of altruism.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am Don't pretend you're fighting for anyone but yourself please, because, that's how it is.
No, that's just how misanthropes project when confronted with any degree of altruism.
:clap:

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am Probably half of the people which find a purse full of cash somewhere will try to return it to the owner, the other half will keep the money, same with those Thorn vouchers.
And some will try and re-sell the unused purse for a profit :wink:

mrdoghead wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 am If people won't stand up for what's right, we'll all wind up having miserable lives. Fighting other people's battles is eventually fighting our own and reducing the need for fights. This is fundamental to the concept of community. When we forget this so we can free-ride to save ourselves trouble, we wind up in a much worse place.

Too often we overlook how our privileges in life came to be and why we can enjoy them mostly unmolested.
That's how a community works. All things being equal and generally speaking, collaboration is the best way to go.

mcbpete wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am Probably half of the people which find a purse full of cash somewhere will try to return it to the owner, the other half will keep the money, same with those Thorn vouchers.
And some will try and re-sell the unused purse for a profit :wink:
Iirc, they were NFR.
My be wrong though.

Return to “Instruments”