custom MIDI pad controller instead of MIDI keyboard

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been looking for MIDI pad controller that could be used instead of 5 octave MIDI keyboard... not happy with results, so... 'designed' one myself

-5x12 = 60 velocity-sensitive RGB pads with polyphonic aftertouch, one line = one octave, possible versions with different amount of octaves
-notes and scales highlighting
-pitch and mod wheels
-octave up and down buttons
-root note switch buttons
-some knobs and faders
-transport controls

I'm curious your opinion about it, would u use it ?

hope some developer would make something like this, so far asked at Native Instruments forum, wonder what they gonna say...
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st.347121/

Roger Linn made the LinnStrument with the advatage that it supports MPE and does not need an extra pitch bend wheel or modulation wheel...

This sort of thing ... ?

Yeah, you're pretty much talking about Ableton Push. Check it out, amazing tool.

thx but 8x8 is not 5x12

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:36 pm Roger Linn made the LinnStrument with the advatage that it supports MPE and does not need an extra pitch bend wheel or modulation wheel...

well... that prices though

still, my goal is 12 pads / 1 octave per line, not any other config like Linn and anything else ^^

Buy an iPad and create your control surface with TouchOSC. You can create exactly what you designed above and maybe some variations on it too.
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”