One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One thing that scared me for a moment was the cpu hunger of it, but it turned out the culprit had been Limiter6 in master mode. Jeeeeez, this is surprisingly processing hungry. I've replaced it with my old, trusty set of OTT and LoudMax. :D

LOL! Long live the OTT!! I've become a big fan of Unlimited. A couple of instances in series usually gets things loud enough without completely ruining things.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Huh...totally forgot about that one. Yeah, tried it one time, I think. I should have another look. Could take LoudMax's slot. :)

Here's a little taste of what I'm goofing around with right now. I can say, though, I love the sound of this synth!
https://soundcloud.com/taronium/sodark/s-ejkpb

Ooooh, that's nice! Kick and snare are fat...dig the trippy sounds and chord progression, too. Makes me realize I need to concoct some heavy vibrato sounds. That lead at the end is tasty.

Ehehehe, thanks! Yeah, I also enjoy the curious lfo on pitch, which really behaves nice, almost more natural as it almost seems to not stick with the center on the note frequency, but slightly pushes up. Besides the funny concept of having an envelope on the speed, haha...again one of those things one could consider a bonus, hardly used. Anyway, dig it. 8)

Guenon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:32 am Just poking around a tad... In this synth's folder, there are some txt files.

Find the ones called...

kx debug__hslider_med.txt
kx debug__knob_med.txt
and
kx debug__knob_sm.txt

...and in these, change the line mouse_response rotary to mouse_response vertical and stop gradually balding from the atrocious knob movement :D
I'm having trouble saving the text file. It makes me do a "save as" and when I try to name it the same name it tells me I don't have permissions to do so, contact admin. I changed all the security settings to "allow all" for all these files but still no go. I apologize I'm not the best with computers. Any advice?

I love the velocity envelope features. Really creates great expression.

MadPsyance wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 am
I'm having trouble saving the text file. It makes me do a "save as" and when I try to name it the same name it tells me I don't have permissions to do so, contact admin. I changed all the security settings to "allow all" for all these files but still no go. I apologize I'm not the best with computers. Any advice?
You might have luck using this: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Much better text editor than Windows Notepad. I changed and saved with my project running in the background.

Guenon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:32 am Just poking around a tad... In this synth's folder, there are some txt files.

Find the ones called...

kx debug__knob_med.txt
and
kx debug__knob_sm.txt

...and in these, change the line mouse_response rotary to mouse_response vertical and stop gradually balding from the atrocious knob movement :D
Let me guess, you run Windows > Version 7 and you've placed the Files in folder c:\programs or any subfolder, right?
These folders are secured by windows, you can install files there but editing is prohibited.
Usually the permissions are also propagated from c:\programms to all files and subfolders below.

Only thing you can do is start your editor by "Run as Admin", then you can edit these files.
Run as Admin on Win10: If your on Win 10, go to the mangifiying glass bottom left, click on it. type in the name of your editor, "notepad" for instance. A list of search results will show up, use one your familiar with in the "Apps" section and right click on it. Then in the menu choose run as admin.

Please note - your not able to do drag an drop in to the editor if you open it that way, because the OS prevents dragging and dropping from your normal user context into a programm with evelvated privileges. Meaning you have to use File > Open in the editor you run as admin...

At least that works for me...

Entries and previews sounding good so far :hyper:

Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:12 pm Preview - Is God still a DJ?
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/prev ... dj/s-Dubgg
Needs some more rounds for the final Sound Design and Mixing.

Certified Quality - 100% free of reeze and wobbles!
We get it, you don't like dubstep or bass music, but to say it isn't quality makes you sound like a c**t.
It's very tasty, I swear!

zerofox97 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:24 pm
] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:12 pm Preview - Is God still a DJ?
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/prev ... dj/s-Dubgg
Needs some more rounds for the final Sound Design and Mixing.

Certified Quality - 100% free of reeze and wobbles!
We get it, you don't like dubstep or bass music, but to say it isn't quality makes you sound like a c**t.
OK, I'll bite.

This OSC space has good people, good conversations, mutual respect and a high signal to noise ratio. I love that about this place and I hope others do to.
Zerofox I get you're expressing a genuine feeling and it is your total right to do so however you wish, obviously.
From the outside I can't help wonder if such a harsh personal attack is likely to result in anything positive though... I mean, when you take one person that is offended, and turn that into two people that are offended, how often does that do anyone any good?
I've probably said too much already, and I'm not trying to be the police, I just care about the vibes and the people in this great place that is the OSC.
fwiw I love reeze and wobbles and I felt a little bit provoked by Peter's comment, and yet if I had been on the receiving end of zerofox's reply (in this context), it would have ruined my day!
Peace and apologies in advance for any offence, not my intent :hug:

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:29 am

Find the ones called...

kx debug__knob_med.txt
and
kx debug__knob_sm.txt

Let me guess, you run Windows > Version 7 and you've placed the Files in folder c:\programs or any subfolder, right?
These folders are secured by windows, you can install files there but editing is prohibited.
Usually the permissions are also propagated from c:\programms to all files and subfolders below.

Only thing you can do is start your editor by "Run as Admin", then you can edit these files.
Run as Admin on Win10: If your on Win 10, go to the mangifiying glass bottom left, click on it. type in the name of your editor, "notepad" for instance. A list of search results will show up, use one your familiar with in the "Apps" section and right click on it. Then in the menu choose run as admin.

Please note - your not able to do drag an drop in to the editor if you open it that way, because the OS prevents dragging and dropping from your normal user context into a programm with evelvated privileges. Meaning you have to use File > Open in the editor you run as admin...

At least that works for me...
Thank you, the win 10 tip fixed it!

Is there any helpful documentation on this synth? I can’t seem to find my way around it too well. Like all the knobs in the LFO, I’ve never seen anything like it in a synth. Can’t make heads or tails of it.

Return to “Instruments”