iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Got a reply

Thanks for the additional feedback!

I’ll make sure this information reaches the Development Team as well. As always, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:Got a reply

Thanks for the additional feedback!

I’ll make sure this information reaches the Development Team as well. As always, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
Thats their standard reply template.

Typical corporate response yeah.

''I’ll make sure this information reaches the Development Team'', yeah right. In other term, you can be sure it'll go straight into the abyss.

Yeah sadly.....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

There simply is no Iris dev team anymore, for almost three years now...

Hi. That's a pity with all the bugs mentioned before. I just got started to get interested in Iris2 :(

Well despite all the bugs it's still a very capable instrument. The latest bug I found is that Iris2 has a much less accurate spectral filter, whereas in Iris1 one could fade in certain frequencies by drawing very fine lines which then become e.g. an ellipse or circle, in Iris 2 it's either on or off, below a certain resolution you can see the spectral filter selection but you don't hear it.

Anyway, this is a new Iris2 patch from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSccdGXGe1Y

Hi,
I already listened to it and it sounds great in my opinion :)
Thank you for all your help and in depth descriptions. I highly appreciate that.

Via my research for Iris2 I awkwardly stumbled about that here and got interested immediately:
https://www.soundemote.com/products/spiral-generator

Reminds a bit on Aparillo or Synplant. Do you know that FM/fractal- oddity?
Cheers

Necro thread... ahhh, how I miss you, Iris 1.

Still very capable, but sadly haven't launched it since, damn -- has it almost been 4 years since Iris 2?

I moved on to UVI Falcon and added a few other tricks along the way, like Quanta, and now I'm diving deep into iOS stuff too like LayR, Fieldscaper, Tardigrain, Borderlands and similar stuff.

I still miss the days of receiving a new Iris patchpool installment.

To this day it still stings how badly iZotope f*cked up such a good thing. $49 is a great price for Iris 2 but I refuse out of principle because of all the bugs that haven't been fixed in nearly 4 (FOUR!) years. Especially now that I have a general idea of how to modulate things from owning Falcon and Omnisphere, I simply don't want to mess with an Iris 2 patch only to discover a macro or LFO is screwed up.

Grrr... maybe I'll come back in 2022 to mark the 10 year anniversary of the original. :D

Now for everybody who isn't a former Iris 1 user, enjoy your Iris 2. :D

It is quite a unique and inspiring instrument! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

ZINO wrote: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:24 pm I bet whatever you want, that this $149 upgrade price will become $49 after 6 months or so (even as a short period sales). I am not interested at all right now.
You were right. Just got mine at that price
DoomTune.com

It's even cheaper now. Until Feb. 12th it's on sale for - $29. There is also a Iris 2/Trash 2 bundle for $49. Seems like a really good deal even considering all the shortcomings.

Just get it. Now! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

The Iris Collections have just been added to the HGS Group Buy if anyone's interested.
"..the Circular Group Buy is a great opportunity to get the HGS Iris collections. We are almost at 3 Bonus Products now and all 5 of Iris releases are available as selections!"
Great opportunity to pick up several new Kontakt libraries/instruments that are very inspiring/innovative. No-brainer buy-in price.
https://hgsounds.com/product/circular-for-kontakt/
Last edited by Musical Gym on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

such a shame what happened to Iris

Return to “Instruments”