Is it possible to get Kameleono to spit out notes that follow pattern octave position?

Official support for: midimood.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there... I hope you can help 'cause I'd like to buy your plugin... Is there a setting I have not figured out so that notes OUT follow the octave position of the PATTERN and not the CHORD?

I'm using this live as opposed to midi clips/tracks in Reaper...

I've got a chord on Ch1 as the "notes in"
I'm playing live in on ch2 as the PATTERN

Everything I try seems to make it so that whatever octave I'm playing in the pattern is "squashed" to match the chord note's octave position...

So if I play a CEG chord in Octave 1, but play a C5 in the pattern, the note out is always a C1

How can I get Kameleono to follow the chord mask, but maintain octave position of the original pattern notes? Possible?

DruMunkey wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:41 pm Hey there... I hope you can help 'cause I'd like to buy your plugin... Is there a setting I have not figured out so that notes OUT follow the octave position of the PATTERN and not the CHORD?

I'm using this live as opposed to midi clips/tracks in Reaper...

I've got a chord on Ch1 as the "notes in"
I'm playing live in on ch2 as the PATTERN

Everything I try seems to make it so that whatever octave I'm playing in the pattern is "squashed" to match the chord note's octave position...

So if I play a CEG chord in Octave 1, but play a C5 in the pattern, the note out is always a C1

How can I get Kameleono to follow the chord mask, but maintain octave position of the original pattern notes? Possible?
Hello DruMunkey,

Sorry. I missed your post.

Yes, there is a way to do it.

You just need to use "notes-in" as the pattern input and PATTERN as the notes-in.
Then, in the flow tab you need to set all the "Octave Transpose" fields to 0.

Now every C note from the PATTERN track on any octave will play the lowest "note-in" pattern note.
Every C# note from the PATTERN track on any octave will play the next up "note-in" pattern note.
etc.

You can also change this behaviour by setting a different arpeggiator settings: DOWN, ORDER, REVERSE.

Return to “MIDIMood”