Brainworx SEM Synthesizer??!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DavidCarlyon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:50 am what they hell? they just grabbed an existing synth and doubled the price?????? am i tripping? that was NOT the launch i was hoping for.
They doubled the price to cover the PA profit margin...

DavidCarlyon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:50 am what they hell? they just grabbed an existing synth and doubled the price?????? am i tripping? that was NOT the launch i was hoping for.
If I had Thorn already I would have big concerns that my (old) version is now abandonware with no further upgrades anymore.

I am so glad I have Thorn, that it works and that I will never buy another plugin from DS again.

First CA, now this. 19 bucks for a license transfer.

Gotta wonder what these guys are smoking. LOL.

Dunno, but it must be good!
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am
If I had Thorn already I would have big concerns that my (old) version is now abandonware with no further upgrades anymore.
Like MagicAB? Is that going to be updated?

EDIT: nevermind.

rollasoc wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Like MagicAB? Is that going to be updated?
Don‘t think so because the developer seems to be now working with PA.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:48 am heavy hitter 99 for thorn? hasnt that been on sale for about 40 bucks?????

it says $149 reduced from $199

Sounds interesting i must say.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:43 pm I am so glad I have Thorn, that it works and that I will never buy another plugin from DS again.

First CA, now this. 19 bucks for a license transfer.

Gotta wonder what these guys are smoking. LOL.
Whats CA? also do you mean you have to pay to switch your licence over tp plugin alliance? or just if you sell it?

Yeah its a bit concerning. i understand he wants to reach a larger market - given his synth was rated best software of last year. But it was on sale for 40 pounds for a lot of last year. 200 is just going to piss people off.
I swear, PA are making some insane choices at the moment. Their last release was really shit too, and they haven't addressed any of the criticisms. Their pricing method has gotten way out of hand. And now this.

Just to put it in perspective -
Avenger is cheaper than this
Zebra similarly priced
All other U-he synths quite a bit cheaper (around 25 percent)
Dune 3 (in my opinion best all rounder) is cheaper than this

And for something comparable - Europa by propellerheads - the one that likely inspired this, is 130 bucks.
Not being funny, bt europa has a lot more in the way of spectral editing too, three times the filters, better modulators, also spectral fx PER OSC. I mean, come on....its a better syth all round. Now, i do love thorn, don't get me wrong. But I just don;t think it was the best thing that came out all year.
And even if it was, it should be priced accordingly....

The legend is the best Model D replica ever made, it's not even that close. BUT it's not priced as much as dive, because it doesn't do as much.
Dune 3 is possibly the best sounding synth out there in terms of Osc and Filters....BUT it's not as much as falcon, becasuse falcon is absolutely HUGE

here we have a synth with a few oscillators and a filter. 200 bucks. LOL
This coming from someone who really likes the synth. Just saying
If BX price their synth like this, they are gonna get a nice, welcoming 'f**k you' from the synth comunity.

And as a pick packer and avid PA user, tney will f**king deserve it!!
There are people like URS who spend every day workig on Softsynths, they have immense knowledge and serious reputations, BX waltzes on in and thinks it can chareg whatever, having never done any synths before, never earned a reputation. Sorry to rant, but its bullshit

AnX wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:31 pm
DavidCarlyon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:48 am heavy hitter 99 for thorn? hasnt that been on sale for about 40 bucks?????

it says $149 reduced from $199
I get 'heavy hitter' prices cos i have pick pack and have bought shit loads from them for years.
So i get the wonderful prize of.........
paying the regular - pre PA price for thorn. Woopee f**king doo.
Everyone else has the luxury intro price of - 50% more than the usual thorn asking price.

Pure insanity

Yep! Thats exactly what they did with Magic A/B. not a good sign at all.

At the cakewalk forum someone got the $19 voucher because he has the free Thorn CM:
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... -alliance/

That is a bargain! But it’s illegal in Europe to share contact information without consent!

Well, Heavy Hitter price is $99. PA voucher that I just got is for $50. PA’s Thorn isn’t so bad when you look at like that. Too bad I already own it. I get to play $19 for the new update. Not terrible but, not all that fabulous either. I think I only paid $65 for Thorn when it first came out. It’s ok, I guess. :neutral:

W23 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:46 pm Well, Heavy Hitter price is $99. PA voucher that I just got is for $50. PA’s Thorn isn’t so bad when you look at like that. Too bad I already own it. I get to play $19 for the new update. Not terrible but, not all that fabulous either. I think I only paid $65 for Thorn when it first came out. It’s ok, I guess. :neutral:
Yeah thats what i mean, i will be fine...i'll get it for 25 dollars all told (with my 75 monthly) but i'm pissed off at what they have done to their existing customers. It's wrong.
I will pay only slightly more than you will have to for your 'update' - which contains literally nothing by the way.
Man, i really hope this isn't the downfall of PA. I have used their stuff so much in the last few years - own basically all of it. But shit, not looking good. The magnum comp was worrying

Return to “Instruments”