RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

80s Synthwave is THE best music :P I'm a kid of the 80s! :tu:

I am more bored about all that EDM (Mainstyle) music where 10000 presets sounding all like a staccato brass + supersaw. :hihi:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

marzelli wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:02 pm :love: Nice! Should be one of the factory skins imo.
+1
For me, Black Knight 2, Midnight Specter and Classic (maybe Polaris) are the only usable ones. The others are either too bright, too dark, or have weird colors.

In Black Knight 2, I wish the shapes in the sequence window would be more bright, like the LFO's or envelopes though.

parawave wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:11 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:07 pm Oh noooooo, shi||y 80's sounds are invading Rapid... Why aren't they staying in the 80's where they belong ?... :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Nah, this time they are actually good. Obviously because of Rapid :D
Yeah, I'm sorry, you're right, and I know may end up buying it anyway : any sound can be useful and all sound great in Rapid ! :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Sound great , but all this sounds are already in TAL-U-NO-LX and Repro1/5 and sound much , much better ...

ReboundAudio wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 pm 80s Synthwave is THE best music :P I'm a kid of the 80s! :tu:

I am more bored about all that EDM (Mainstyle) music where 10000 presets sounding all like a staccato brass + supersaw. :hihi:
Born in 82 but I think that people who want 80's presets are more than covered with all the 80's synth emulations, I have the feeling that they are everywhere : U-He stuff, Arturia synths, so many...
Let Rapid represent present and future ! ;)
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

anoise wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:57 pm In Black Knight 2, I wish the shapes in the sequence window would be more bright, like the LFO's or envelopes though.
I will fix this in the next update. :tu:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

I think Synthwave is way more up2date and fresh compared to all the same-sounding typical EDM plucks, leads and basses. Good work Parawave, you got my money. :)
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

Also, I would LOVE the Black Knight 2 skin!

johnwoo wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:51 pm Sound great , but all this sounds are already in TAL-U-NO-LX and Repro1/5 and sound much , much better ...
+1

johnwoo wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:51 pm Sound great , but all this sounds are already in TAL-U-NO-LX and Repro1/5 and sound much , much better ...
Not everyone owns those synths. And where are the drum kits and samples in those? Thirdly the Rapid sounds are way more production ready and fine-tuned for Synthwave.

They don’t sound “better”, they sound different. If I make a pad in Serum (which is one of the cleanest synths out there, but can sound really nonlinear with few well-known tricks) and one in U-No, I can bet you won’t be able to tell which is which.
I’m so tired of this elitist way of thinking - you all listen these vintage synths (or emulations) in isolation and identify “depth” and “warmth” and “width” and “character” but as soon as they’re inside a mix and they’re compressed and eq’d and saturated no one can tell sh!t. I’ve seen it soooo many times already.

This expansion comes at the right time, the genre is back, a new spin on classic sounds is welcome.

parawave wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:55 pm We released the Synthwave XT !
Why does every expansion put out by Parawave just sound so much better than ANY other synth? So clean, bright (but not overdone), modern, and easy to mix.

My only wish is easier preset management. e.g. Selecting plucks will show all plucks from every expansion rather than needing to go through different packs to find plucks. I have so many expansions now :hyper:

:tu:

ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:05 pm It's time for a new look ! :P

May I please have a download link? That skin is so easy on the eyes and prevents strain 8)

For all who have a download link. Please Update the final Skin by using the same link again.
Fixed a lot of issues. Sequencer have the same colors now as arp / osc.
Knobs were wobbling and to dark. Now we have silver more smooth knobs.

Enjoy. :)

ReboundAudio wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:03 pm For all who have a download link. Please Update the final Skin by using the same link again.
Fixed a lot of issues. Sequencer have the same colors now as arp / osc.
Knobs were wobbling and to dark. Now we have silver more smooth knobs.

Enjoy. :)
Thanks! Wow, now this looks elegant and professional. Very well done. :clap:

Return to “Instruments”