Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:34 am
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pm NI said "Buy this product and we'll deliver everything to you now, except one product which we will delivery in February". Then after a bunch of people purchased, they changed it to "Actually it's going to be June". Regardless of what the reasons for the delay are, they committed something to their customers and didn't deliver.
So you'd rather have a bug-ridden pile of junk on time than a perfect, finished product when it's ready?
I can't think of any industry where that would result in customers NOT being upset.
It didn't seem to upset anyone who put a deposit on a Tesla Model 3.
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:55 pmI totally agree. My issue is that they took people's money and didn't deliver.
But they did deliver 95% of what those people paid for and then those people got a voucher to make up for the other 5%. So where, exactly, is the problem there? If I buy three items from a web-store and only two of them are in stock and they send the other one a month later, I don't care whether they charge my credit card all at once, as long as I get what I paid for when it's available. I pre-order eBooks on line all the time - they charge my credit card on the spot and I get the book when it's ready. No problem. Maybe the book gets to me on the day they said, maybe it doesn't, I don't care enough to know.
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:57 pmFor all the people who are OK with this, please Paypal me $100 and I'll deliver to you the greatest synth ever next month. Of course I reserve the right to delay it as much as I want to ensure quality.
AFAIK, nobody has pre-paid for Massive X, they have paid for Komplete 12 and all but one small part of that was delivered immediately. How do you not see the difference here? I'll give you another example. In 2004 I bought a new car and I wanted parking sensors with it, a dealer fitted option. The dealer had to order the parts in, which took about six weeks for some reason, but they took my money when they delivered the car. So think of Massive X as the parking sensors on my car.
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:24 pm OK apparently I live in an alternate universe where people expect vendors to meet delivery commitments.
Sure, if NI had not acknowledged the problem, i.e. not offered any form of apology or compensation, but, again, that's not the case here.

Thinking about it, the question that really needs to be asked is - who would rather NI took back all the bits of Komplete 12 they had already delivered and gave you your money back, not allowing you to buy it again until Massive X was ready? I'm thinking no-one. Because, from NI's point of view, that's the alternative - delay the whole thing or deliver what they can and get the rest out as soon as it's ready.
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 pmSorry but you're just a person twice my age who spends every day in front of a computer. Spare me your social analysis of a generation you don't understand.
You think there aren't people just like you in every age group? You must be considerably less than half my age if you are that naive. If you want to see what a real shit-fight is, go and see how long Elektron have been promising a fixed version of Overbridge.
You, as well as others here, raise some good arguments. I think at this point we've lost the context of my original argument which was simply that it's reasonable if someone were to be upset about the Massive X delay. People were pouncing on a precious poster saying such concerns were first world problems. Basically I was arguing with this premise.

Then KVR happened and the shit started flying :hihi:

I like the smell of derailed threads in the morning! :borg:

Lets do a Massive derailing, as long there is a X somewhere nothing to complain about...

Ironically I'm on a Swiss train right now so let's hope there is no derailing

Had NI predicted at the time of K12 release that MX would be delayed until June it's quite possible they'd have not included it at all. Better late than not at all, surely.

And for those of us waiting for Summer Of Sound in June, it doesn't really matter if it's delayed at all. ;)

rlared wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:57 am You, as well as others here, raise some good arguments. I think at this point we've lost the context of my original argument which was simply that it's reasonable if someone were to be upset about the Massive X delay.
It's not though (maybe check the definition of "reasonable"). If then, it is something people feel, but, it's not reasonable in any way.

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 am
rlared wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:57 am You, as well as others here, raise some good arguments. I think at this point we've lost the context of my original argument which was simply that it's reasonable if someone were to be upset about the Massive X delay.
It's not though (maybe check the definition of "reasonable"). If then, it is something people feel, but, it's not reasonable in any way.
I would say it's reasonable to be disappointed that you have to wait for something, if not upset. I mean if somebody says to you, "Hey, you'll be getting your new bike for your birthday" but something holds up delivery and you don't get it on your birthday, you're going to be disappointed. You're not going to be sitting there going "Oh boy, cool! I have to wait a whole 4 months to get my great gift. I'm so happy."

So come on, let's not go in the other direction on this. It's perfectly reasonable that people are going to be disappointed. But upset to the point where they curse the company and lose respect for them. That's just ridiculous. Stuff happens.

Could also be a lesson to be learned...
This thread puts a curious smile on my face 56 pages speculation about hot air (until now and for some more months...).
Its common in capitalism to bind money to your company as soon as possible. If you spend it at NI you can‘t spend it on the competition... If the upgrade was worth without Massive X all is fine, but if you spend it for Massive X you have to be upset but not only angainst NI even more to yourself. Simply never do it again in the future. Expect companies (more so the bigger players) to want you to spend your money with them...

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:19 pm Could also be a lesson to be learned...
This above is likely smartest post out of all garbage in this drama queen thread.

yeah wags, theres a difference between

awww i was looking forward to riding the bike but all these other presents are pretty cool and will more than keep me busy till the bike arrives

and

wah! wheres my bike? i never asked to be born :cry: i hate you :x

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 pm yeah wags, theres a difference between

awww i was looking forward to riding the bike but all these other presents are pretty cool and will more than keep me busy till the bike arrives

and

LMAO. Sounds like some people I know.

Sweet child in time...

and

in this case you are paying cash money for it.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:15 pm

and

in this case you are paying cash money for it.
no
you payed cash money for komplete12
im pretty sure everyone who paid has komplete12.

Massive X is a synth, right? Or is it a synth-bike? This thread is confusing!

Return to “Instruments”