Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Delta Sign wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:18 pm My crazy wish list:
  • Some kind of loopable envelope
  • A simple distortion FX
  • A basic tone control. A simple "tilt" EQ would already be enough
I'd love the per voice distortion from RePro-5... and a Resonator

keel wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:47 pm Digital osc unison stereo spread please!
That would require a full stereo processing audio path - and thus twice the CPU.

It's essentially the same as setting unison to 2 and spreading voices with the voice index modulator.

AVX, though? :)

I think keel meant supersaw stereo spread - each saw getting its own position in the stereo field.

hakey wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:02 am I think keel meant supersaw stereo spread - each saw getting its own position in the stereo field.
which would require full stereo path

Yes

sorry - got the wrong end of the stick. thought Urs was saying that the same effect could be had with 2 panned stacked voices, which he wasn't

Diva really needs an EQ. It would be really useful for sound design and for tweaking patches. I think it makes a big difference in Hive.

Mandatory Disclaimer: Do not expect us to start work on Diva 2 before 2021!

Personally I'd love to see a tb303 oscillator, a tb303 filter, and most of all a sequencer that behaves just like a tb303 with accents, glides etc with corresponding filter controls like env depth and accent. Basically a 303 emulation :lol:

Yes I know there are hundreds of 303 emulations out there but none of them done by uhe. Everyone needs a bit of acid in their life :ud:

Ah well I can dream for now!

I just hope to live long enough to see Zebra 3 and Diva 2! LOL.

grandmasterbird wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 pm Personally I'd love to see a tb303 oscillator, a tb303 filter, and most of all a sequencer that behaves just like a tb303 with accents, glides etc with corresponding filter controls like env depth and accent. Basically a 303 emulation :lol:

Yes I know there are hundreds of 303 emulations out there but none of them done by uhe. Everyone needs a bit of acid in their life :ud:

Doesnt zebra can do that already?

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 am
grandmasterbird wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 pm Personally I'd love to see a tb303 oscillator, a tb303 filter, and most of all a sequencer that behaves just like a tb303 with accents, glides etc with corresponding filter controls like env depth and accent. Basically a 303 emulation :lol:

Doesnt zebra can do that already?
Does it?? I'm a long time user of it but I have to confess I havnt fully explored the sequencer because I used to find it a bit fiddly. In my opinion a good acid line is all about the way it moves, the mojo between the way the sequencer interplays with the rest of the elements, but I digress. Thanks for the heads up, I will explore this again in zebra.

I do maintain though a 303 emulation would be epic in Diva with the level of realism it's capable of :)

Does it? Not sure it can do all of this:

Investigating some Unique aspects of the TB-303's sound

Accent thing is nothing special, really - adds volume to VCA and increases filter cutoff simultaneously, in varying amounts depending on env amount knob. This stuff can be easily sequenced. The raising envelope thing is perfectly normal on analog envelopes and it's definitely possible in ACE at least (Singing envelopes switch).

For Diva, there are far better candidates for inclusion than 303, IMHO. Elka Synthex for example (osc and filter). Steiner-Parker filter. Incredible multimode filter from Oberheim Matrix. Would be blissful to have an SSM filter inside (for example SSM2044 from Mono/Poly, it sounds awesome in that machine). And then some better/snappier envelopes, too.

Oh, oh oh. Korg DW6000/8000 and DSS-1 have a spectacular filter, NJM-2069 (and these aren't too expensive to get and dig into their innards). It's supposed to be a clone of 2044, but it doesn't sound exactly the same (has more pronounced resonance).

Return to “u-he”