Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

telecode wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 pm
rlared wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:27 pm I haven't upgraded to Komplete 12, but I can see why someone would be upset about this if their decision to buy Komplete 12 was influenced by having Massive X in February 2019. I remember them advertising it in no uncertain terms "Buy Komplete 12 and get Massive X when it's released in February". So it's pretty unprofessional that NI committed that to buyers without being 100% sure of the date. A 4-month delay doesn't just come out at the last minute, I suspect that they knew the project was behind schedule for a few months now.

Honestly between this behavior and also their crappy support of the Komplete Kontrol MK2 series keyboards, I'm starting to get the feeling that NI is prioritizing sales and profits above treating their customers right.
I have been a NI product user for I guess about 8 or 9 years. Their support has always been pretty timely and decent. I usually get a reply within 24 to 48 hours and even a courtesy follow up. Much better than some of the much bigger "supposedly cutting edge" high tech software companies I deal with in my regular joe-blow day job. Those companies are f**ked up disorganized beyond belief.
I agree that their customer service is responsive. The shortcomings I've seen are more on the product development / product delivery side.

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pm NI said "Buy this product and we'll deliver everything to you now, except one product which we will delivery in February". Then after a bunch of people purchased, they changed it to "Actually it's going to be June". Regardless of what the reasons for the delay are, they committed something to their customers and didn't deliver. I can't think of any industry where that would result in customers NOT being upset.

For people who didn't buy Komplete 12, such as myself, I still observe this behavior and am turned off to NI.

I am having a hard time understanding why anyone would think it's unreasonable for someone to be upset by this.
There is nothing wrong with pushing back a release date in the name of releasing a better quality product. I would rather have a high quality, stable, and reliable software product on my music system than some half baked product that keeps getting .x patches and updates every other week. There are tons of VST's on the market and most of us have a slew of VST's on our systems to keep us busy making music. Waiting for good quality isn't a bad thing in my books.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pmFor people who didn't buy Komplete 12, such as myself, I still observe this behavior and am turned off to NI.
Just for the record: Komplete 12 owners will still get Massive X for "free" in June, right?
Indeed so. And FWIW (to rlared quoted here) I also didn't buy Komplete 12, but I am not even the tiniest bit turned off NI. They - along with most developers at some point - missed a deadline, and they gave Komplete owners a voucher to apologise. Seems all good to me.

And for those of us who decided to wait until the half price Komplete upgrade sale in June - well, we're now getting it on release! Yay!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

telecode wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pm NI said "Buy this product and we'll deliver everything to you now, except one product which we will delivery in February". Then after a bunch of people purchased, they changed it to "Actually it's going to be June". Regardless of what the reasons for the delay are, they committed something to their customers and didn't deliver. I can't think of any industry where that would result in customers NOT being upset.

For people who didn't buy Komplete 12, such as myself, I still observe this behavior and am turned off to NI.

I am having a hard time understanding why anyone would think it's unreasonable for someone to be upset by this.
There is nothing wrong with pushing back a release date in the name of releasing a better quality product. I would rather have a high quality, stable, and reliable software product on my music system than some half baked product that keeps getting .x patches and updates every other week. There are tons of VST's on the market and most of us have a slew of VST's on our systems to keep us busy making music. Waiting for good quality isn't a bad thing in my books.
I totally agree. My issue is that they took people's money and didn't deliver. You shouldn't tell people "Pay now and we'll give you this product on X date" if you aren't damned sure that you'll deliver it then.

It's totally normal in the software business. Game release dates get pushed back the whole time. I already posted it above, i'm much more into a stable, bug free product, than in playing with my toy as soon as possible.

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pmFor people who didn't buy Komplete 12, such as myself, I still observe this behavior and am turned off to NI.
Just for the record: Komplete 12 owners will still get Massive X for "free" in June, right?
yes, its still considered part of komplete 12. :)

For all the people who are OK with this, please Paypal me $100 and I'll deliver to you the greatest synth ever next month. Of course I reserve the right to delay it as much as I want to ensure quality.

:lol:

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:55 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 pm

I totally agree. My issue is that they took people's money and didn't deliver. You shouldn't tell people "Pay now and we'll give you this product on X date" if you aren't damned sure that you'll deliver it then.
and they will receive the product for which they paid.
and also a $25 voucher as compensation.

Some guys are unsatisfied with whatever and use this thread to ease their frustration... However, let‘s wait what June brings...

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:57 pm For all the people who are OK with this, please Paypal me $100 and I'll deliver to you the greatest synth ever next month. Of course I reserve the right to delay it as much as I want to ensure quality.

:?:

There was no pre-sale for Massive X as far as i'm aware of...

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:57 pm For all the people who are OK with this, please Paypal me $100 and I'll deliver to you the greatest synth ever next month. Of course I reserve the right to delay it as much as I want to ensure quality.

not really the same thing.
one, they paid for komplete, have komplete and
two, you don't have a reputation that tells us your promise of a synth mean anything :shrug:

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm

komplete12 owners.

So what would you call selling a package that includes Massive X (when it's released)? To me, that's a pre-sale.

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 pm

So what would you call selling a package that includes Massive X (when it's released)? To me, that's a pre-sale.
Yeah, 200 posts reached with trolling! Quite a success in social media...

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Ok then. Be impatient if you want to be impatient.

Return to “Instruments”