Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:40 pm Why does this upset anyone?
Cuz first world.

rlared wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:27 pm Honestly between this behavior and also their crappy support of the Komplete Kontrol MK2 series keyboards, I'm starting to get the feeling that NI is prioritizing sales and profits above treating their customers right.
All this because of a date missed on selling a product?

I was going to say “exactly how many companies do you know of that actually prioritize treating their customers right”, but then I thought “WTF does this even matter??”

A big effing SO WHAT. If the product NEVER comes out, and people upgraded Komplete because of it being advertised as being part of it, THEN they can complain to the appropriate agencies for false advertising.

THIS, though, is so far merely a freakin delay.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:10 pm
because now i have to wait till june to finish my alphabet.
i only need a massive x and a fairly big o :x
That made me :lol: , thanks!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

The truly hilarious part of it all is that once the synth is actually released, this thread will die. People seem to love to speculate but once something becomes reality, they don't want to discuss it any more.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:46 pm The truly hilarious part of it all is that once the synth is actually released, this thread will die. People seem to love to speculate but once something becomes reality, they don't want to discuss it any more.
People love mystery, what can we do :-D

Im pretty sure Massive X can be saved by adding in to hread "but can it sound like Sylenth1"

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm
rlared wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:27 pm Honestly between this behavior and also their crappy support of the Komplete Kontrol MK2 series keyboards, I'm starting to get the feeling that NI is prioritizing sales and profits above treating their customers right.
All this because of a date missed on selling a product?

I was going to say “exactly how many companies do you know of that actually prioritize treating their customers right”, but then I thought “WTF does this even matter??”

A big effing SO WHAT. If the product NEVER comes out, and people upgraded Komplete because of it being advertised as being part of it, THEN they can complain to the appropriate agencies for false advertising.

THIS, though, is so far merely a freakin delay.
If all consumers have expectations as low as yours, then this type of behavior by vendors will continue. Therefore, I hope you are in the minority when it comes to this issue.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 pm
Cuz first world.
Yea, 'upset' is a bit much, but there is quite a bit of room between 'first world' and just being a numb shoulder shrugging unappreciative product sponge that accepts random circumstances without going to the effort of analysis. Like, its possible we are just legitimitely engaged and curious, and applying some critical thinking to new information and circumstances.

Counter point; If someone gives one tenth of a shit about this release, why would they not have a shred of curiosity as to the delay...?
ImageImageImageImage

yeah curiosity.
but some are acting like it's an affront to humanity :o
how dare they put back the release!!! the barrrrstarrrrrds!!!! "
:x

highkoo wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:33 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 pm
Cuz first world.
Yea, 'upset' is a bit much, but there is quite a bit of room between 'first world' and just being a numb shoulder shrugging unappreciative product sponge that accepts random circumstances without going to the effort of analysis. Like, its possible we are just legitimitely engaged and curious, and applying some critical thinking to new information and circumstances.

Counter point; If someone gives one tenth of a shit about this release, why would they not have a shred of curiosity as to the delay...?
There are not many options, are there? Obviously, something unexpected happened during the development. Critical bugs most likely (can't think of many other reasons). The "blessing" of software development.

I can only speak for myself, but, i vastly prefer stable, issue free software to a rushed release, because everyone wants to have the plugin yesterday. NI is not "insert-random-soft-synth-company-here", which releases, and then there's loads of critical bugs to be fixed. The best was a release from fxpansion (can't remember, Strobe or Cypher 2), where they released, and after the release, the main developer went on holidays, leaving a cricitcal memory leak issue open. Sorry, but that's totally unprofessional, and something NI surely want to avoid.

NI said "Buy this product and we'll deliver everything to you now, except one product which we will delivery in February". Then after a bunch of people purchased, they changed it to "Actually it's going to be June". Regardless of what the reasons for the delay are, they committed something to their customers and didn't deliver. I can't think of any industry where that would result in customers NOT being upset.

For people who didn't buy Komplete 12, such as myself, I still observe this behavior and am turned off to NI.

I am having a hard time understanding why anyone would think it's unreasonable for someone to be upset by this.

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pm NI said "Buy this product and we'll deliver everything to you now, except one product which we will delivery in February". Then after a bunch of people purchased, they changed it to "Actually it's going to be June". Regardless of what the reasons for the delay are, they committed something to their customers and didn't deliver. I can't think of any industry where that would result in customers NOT being upset.

For people who didn't buy Komplete 12, such as myself, I still observe this behavior and am turned off to NI.

I am having a hard time understanding why anyone would think it's unreasonable for someone to be upset by this.
Have a beer, relax and make some music...
Let‘s talk again in summer!

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pm NI said "Buy this product and we'll deliver everything to you now, except one product which we will delivery in February". Then after a bunch of people purchased, they changed it to "Actually it's going to be June". Regardless of what the reasons for the delay are, they committed something to their customers and didn't deliver. I can't think of any industry where that would result in customers NOT being upset.

Have a beer, relax and make some music...
Let‘s talk again in summer!
Or you could actually respond in a meaningful way to what I'm talking about. The whole "go make some music" response is classic KVR condescension.

rlared wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:27 pm I haven't upgraded to Komplete 12, but I can see why someone would be upset about this if their decision to buy Komplete 12 was influenced by having Massive X in February 2019. I remember them advertising it in no uncertain terms "Buy Komplete 12 and get Massive X when it's released in February". So it's pretty unprofessional that NI committed that to buyers without being 100% sure of the date. A 4-month delay doesn't just come out at the last minute, I suspect that they knew the project was behind schedule for a few months now.

Honestly between this behavior and also their crappy support of the Komplete Kontrol MK2 series keyboards, I'm starting to get the feeling that NI is prioritizing sales and profits above treating their customers right.
I have been a NI product user for I guess about 8 or 9 years. Their support has always been pretty timely and decent. I usually get a reply within 24 to 48 hours and even a courtesy follow up. Much better than some of the much bigger "supposedly cutting edge" high tech software companies I deal with in my regular joe-blow day job. Those companies are f**ked up disorganized beyond belief.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pmFor people who didn't buy Komplete 12, such as myself, I still observe this behavior and am turned off to NI.
Just for the record: Komplete 12 owners will still get Massive X for "free" in June, right?

Return to “Instruments”