Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

v1o wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:17 am They’re quick to release new hardware. In fact they have released record amounts of new hardware products in the past months. But this Massive X release has been a total shambles. First it wasn’t ready in time for the new version of Komplete and now it’s missed the official release date by four months. Why does software have a longer development time than hardware is it inherently more complex? NI are supposed to be a software company, it’s their bread and butter.
software is different, once you e designed your hardware. it is what it is, as it's all enclosed the software within only has to deal with one hardware config.
software has to be able to run the same on different os different hardware configurations so will be a more complicated endeavour.

either way, no one is going to die because massive x is delayed.
anyone waiting to use massive x on a new project, complaining ni is holding them back, well, you need a reality check.

i look at release dates like a bus timetable, great idea in principle but no one expects a bus to be on time :shrug:

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:56 pm ...i look at release dates like a bus timetable, great idea in principle but no one expects a bus to be on time :shrug:
Seems to be common everywhere :ud:

Pretty anxious about this release.
Like said before, it'll also be interesting to compare with Kilohearts Phase Plant.
Quite different beats anyway.

ATS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am was it supposed to be ready in time for Komplete? ^ if so how do you know this?
Well there is no evidence that Massive X was meant to be delayed nearly a year after Komplete 12’s release.

We knew from well sourced rumours what was meant to come in K12. These rumours turned out to be largely accurate. They predicted for example Trk One before it was ever announced. They also predicted the new products in Komplete 12 like Kontakt 6, Massive X and the new Maschine packs. Basically some clever people did some datamining.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

"Back in September we announced that MASSIVE X would arrive in February. Unfortunately, when building such a complex instrument, things can take longer than expected, so we’ve taken the difficult decision to delay the release until June."

NI's statement.

I bet it will be worth the wait.
:party:

Why does this upset anyone?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

excuse me please wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:17 pm "Back in September we announced that MASSIVE X would arrive in February. Unfortunately, when building such a complex instrument, things can take longer than expected, so we’ve taken the difficult decision to delay the release until June."

NI's statement.
:tu: 755 replies and 30kviews summary in 3 lines :hihi:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:52 pm
excuse me please wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:17 pm "Back in September we announced that MASSIVE X would arrive in February. Unfortunately, when building such a complex instrument, things can take longer than expected, so we’ve taken the difficult decision to delay the release until June."

NI's statement.
:tu: 755 replies and 30kviews summary in 3 lines :hihi:
...that was originally posted about 30 pages ago.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:40 pm Why does this upset anyone?
because now i have to wait till june to finish my alphabet.
i only need a massive x and a fairly big o :x

I haven't upgraded to Komplete 12, but I can see why someone would be upset about this if their decision to buy Komplete 12 was influenced by having Massive X in February 2019. I remember them advertising it in no uncertain terms "Buy Komplete 12 and get Massive X when it's released in February". So it's pretty unprofessional that NI committed that to buyers without being 100% sure of the date. A 4-month delay doesn't just come out at the last minute, I suspect that they knew the project was behind schedule for a few months now.

Honestly between this behavior and also their crappy support of the Komplete Kontrol MK2 series keyboards, I'm starting to get the feeling that NI is prioritizing sales and profits above treating their customers right.

What exactly is the purpose of this discussion about a not yet released synth?
Asking for a friend...

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:34 pm What exactly is the purpose of this discussion about a not yet released synth?
Asking for a friend...
Hype, speculation and venting...

mrj1nx wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:42 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:34 pm What exactly is the purpose of this discussion about a not yet released synth?
Asking for a friend...
Hype, speculation and venting...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Asking for a friend...
:hihi:

There are so many synths that have been released recently I am sure most people can still make music and design presets, etc. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”