Expert forum?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all-
I guess I haven't been paying close attention, but I only just noticed that there is now an "Experts" forum, and a "name" expert forum by a Canadian artist that I have not previously heard of.

I was just wondering what qualifies for these designations. The reason I've loved KVR all these years is the fact that just about any question gets "expert" attention from the KVR collective.

The "name" artist seems well-intentioned, but reviewing some of the threads in her forum, I'm finding it difficult to determine what the focus of her actual expertise is. On the other hand, I'm well aware that I'm from a much older demo that might not be aware of her immense popularity as an online personality or a pop artist.

So, please don't take this as a criticism, as it is not intended to be. I would just like to know what it is that I'm missing.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Where? Why? What?

You mean "KVR Experts"? Who's the Canadian you never heard of?

Probably this one:
viewforum.php?f=293

Never mind - it's THIS one:
viewforum.php?f=290
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Yeah, but i don't see a Candian "artist" there. Nor do i see a subforum.

I think he means Sarah's Tips.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Yeah, when I reread his first sentence I see that he refers to two forums.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Sorry for the confusion. Trying to be discrete and not sound mean-spirited. Honestly curious, is all.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm The "name" artist seems well-intentioned, but reviewing some of the threads in her forum, I'm finding it difficult to determine what the focus of her actual expertise is.
I agree. It seems to me a bit too "blog post of the week" focused rather than adding any real value. But that is my personal view, others may get something from it. :party:

i think if sarah is going to add a question of the day, she should be more open to interaction. at least, replying to replies to the question.
i would answer her latest, but as she didn't respond last time i see no point in bothering.

in the experts forum, at least mr linn was kind enough to respond and have a conversation. :)

Sarah surfs the interwebs for the latest deals/news/advice related to audio plug-in software and shares them here.
how it so hard to understand that Sarah is our social media blogger? Again I had no insight on this at all but it's just plain obvious no? (seriously, I figured it out within days because it was so obvious) I believe (completely unofficial) that the intent was for us, the members of the community to pick up the ball and run with it. Not for her to show off how smart she is but for more people out there to see what a fantastic collective community of intelligence and resource is here at KvR. (she brings in some new members and we welcome them by demonstrating what a great sight we are for discussion) Instead all have seen is the ugly, calling her a troll, calling her spam and what not. I mean she says she finds these articles and posts them, she's not suggesting she is an expert...she's just post something and says "discuss" in effect but all people want to do is discuss her and attack her, yet other people do the same and it's ok because they were not labeled from day one.

Dont like it, please ignore it because it's there and staying as far as I know. Block the forum and get over it instead of showing how immature KvR can be with a mob mentality ganging up on the one who is not like the rest of us. All that does is chase people away who say "what is this KvR? ", all the see is the angry underbelly here.

Meanwhile if you actually would like to see KvR grow new and fresh members (instead of the recycling of sockpuppets non-stop) just go with it. TBH I have no idea why anyone is surprised she doesn't respond because from her first post this place did nothing but attack her, call her a troll, a spammer and even with an alternative possibility suggested over and over by me people are still jumping on her...why would she respond? I wouldn't if it were me with all the hostility aimed at her. (ftr this applies across the board, not just Sarah's forum)

She is harmless, she could bring in more members if you people would welcome her and if you are not willing to do that than go to your preferences, block the forum and get on with life (actually I suspect either way she'll bring new members and some old members will cut their nose off to spite their face). The point is it's time to discuss her points and not take aim at her every time she posts. This is why we have so many pointless wars on here between members, everyone would much rather go on the offensive even when they simply misunderstood.

Maybe, just maybe the forum isn't about her, it isn't about egos and maybe one day people will understand that but instead she has been labeled by the KvR collective. Are we now about labels?

BTW please dont give me "if she had of responded" crap because she just would have got more bs and attacks.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Site Stuff”