Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Is it just me or does the GUI look like Molekular?

Last edited by telecode on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 am but, whole genres are built on sounds from Massive.
Actually I be curious to dig deeper. Which genres do you think were directly influenced by Massive and it's capabilities?
Dubstep, Trance... i'm not too familiar with other EDM genres, but, i think all those Future... Tech... whatever genres also had a big use of Massive for their sounds. As far as i know, Massive and Sylenth1 are sort of the "dream duo" for many productions in those genres.

As i mentioned, i never was a big fan of Massive. IMO, it IS overrated, but, the same could be said for Sylenth1. Even though i definitely rate Sylenth1 higher than Massive. I think Massive X will be a big improvement whatsoever.

telecode wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 pm Is it just me or does the GUI look like Molekular?

It looks like a Native Instruments plugin.....

telecode wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 pm Is it just me or does the GUI look like Molekular?

The 3 dark horizontal bands on the UI have a lot of knobs and stuff on them, but they are such a contrast with the white/beige sections that it doesn't look cluttered. I think the UI is really clever. It crams in heaps of functions & modulation without looking messy.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:01 pmAs i mentioned, i never was a big fan of Massive. IMO, it IS overrated, but, the same could be said for Sylenth1. Even though i definitely rate Sylenth1 higher than Massive. I think Massive X will be a big improvement whatsoever.
the love for Sylenth1, Massive & Serum is nothing rational, many synth sound better, have more capabilities, are nicer or more efficients but those synth are the most iconic legends, what makes a legend is neither rational nor mastered.

Massive X will be a big improvement but i bet it will never become a legends, just a good modern synth like ana2, icarus, pigments, dune 3, falcon..

NI does not mean anything for today producer, we have grow up with this compagnies, they didn't, in our time NI was the genesis of electronic music, today NI is a groovebox & keyboard sellers.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 am but, whole genres are built on sounds from Massive.
Actually I be curious to dig deeper. Which genres do you think were directly influenced by Massive and it's capabilities?
Dubstep = Massive
Brostep = FM8
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:01 pm
Dubstep, Trance... i'm not too familiar with other EDM genres, but, i think all those Future... Tech... whatever genres also had a big use of Massive for their sounds. As far as i know, Massive and Sylenth1 are sort of the "dream duo" for many productions in those genres.

As i mentioned, i never was a big fan of Massive. IMO, it IS overrated, but, the same could be said for Sylenth1. Even though i definitely rate Sylenth1 higher than Massive. I think Massive X will be a big improvement whatsoever.
I think Trance is more on the JP8K, Access Virus and Sylenth1 side of things. Massive isn’t hifi or punchy sounding enough for trance. Maybe it’s good for techno and acid.

I think Massive is a very mediocre synth. It’s only successful because of the massive marketing behemoth that is NI. And the fact that sound libraries for it are cheap and numerous.
Last edited by v1o on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

wtf is "brostep" :lol:

v1o wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:58 pm
Dubstep = Massive
Brostep = FM8
FM8 was heavily used by many famous brostep producer but the father of brostep is Massive. (Massive was not even released before brostep)

btw Massive on his own can produce dub/brostep, FM8 is better to get the inital grawl but then you have to use a external filter to wooble.
Last edited by drdriller on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AnX wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:03 pm wtf is "brostep" :lol:
dubstep after 2007, HO wait when was massive released ?

A loud obnoxious entirely soulless genre with demonic growling synth sounds.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:11 pm
A loud obnoxious entirely soulless genre with demonic growling synth sounds.

ah right, so basically any synth with an lfo then

drdriller wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:36 pmNI does not mean anything for today producer, we have grow up with this compagnies, they didn't, in our time NI was the genesis of electronic music, today NI is a groovebox & keyboard sellers.
You are quite wrong there.
v1o wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:02 pmIt’s only successful because of the massive marketing behemoth that is NI.
Not really. Marketing alone didn't put Massive on any sort of pedestal so that it became that highly regarded. Users did.

In any case, I would say that Leap into the void shows very well what Massive can do, while absolutely not sounding "thing" or "mediocre".

Brostep is pure sexism. Someone should invent Sissystep to counteract.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:52 pm Brostep is pure sexism. Someone should invent Sissystep to counteract.
There literally was a sub-genre called Ladystep that emerged shortly after. It was generally more trancey, less angry and had more female vocals.

But we know how upset feminists get about gender stereotypes! :wink:

Return to “Instruments”