Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

I thought we were losing the hexagon?

ere2learn wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:38 pm I thought we were losing the hexagon?
We had a change of heart.

There's also talk about an alternative hexagon-less skin, but that's just talk afaik.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:20 pm The fact that I sold my Hive license 2 years ago, makes me want to hit myself to the balls.

ThemoststupidsaleeverImissmyHivesomuch :cry:
I also sold my Hive license right before the wavetable update. Loved the sound but didn’t love the interface personally (couldn’t find a skin I liked). The hexagon also felt constraining for the stuff that you edit inside there (like the arp and FX). Looking forward to seeing what version 2 will bring.

Urs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:01 pm
ere2learn wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:38 pm I thought we were losing the hexagon?
We had a change of heart.

There's also talk about an alternative hexagon-less skin, but that's just talk afaik.
I welcome that change of heart!

the screenshot looks great. I hope there's a cheesy blue skin too tho.

At first I thought "crap i bought it before 20th" but then I realised 20€ is totally worth it

The reasonable upgrade price is very much appreciated.

Looking forward to this!

Never connected with Hive and I really think the interface had a lot to do with it as I'm otherwise a huge U-he fanboy. Looking forward to that changing in v2.

Love the new lilac design and I’m looking forward to playing with it! You definitely need to sell some new merch to match the color scheme!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Cool News :tu:

Looking forward to Hive 2

Great news on both the update and sticking with the hexagon! Will be an instabuy!

Great news! Is Hive 2 a replacement for Hive 1 or they complement each other?

AdamWysokinski wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:47 am Great news! Is Hive 2 a replacement for Hive 1 or they complement each other?
Im sure its more of a replacement because its backwards compatible.

great! looking forward to Hive 2!

5Lives wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:48 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:20 pm The fact that I sold my Hive license 2 years ago, makes me want to hit myself to the balls.

ThemoststupidsaleeverImissmyHivesomuch :cry:
I also sold my Hive license right before the wavetable update. Loved the sound but didn’t love the interface personally (couldn’t find a skin I liked). The hexagon also felt constraining for the stuff that you edit inside there (like the arp and FX). Looking forward to seeing what version 2 will bring.
I just had too many synths and because of some stupid brainfart, I sold Hive instead of Sylenth1.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 pm Design wise, it looks cool, judging from that little snap shop image. Having both waveform displays being visible whilst still retaining the symmetry aspect is great also. On a personal taste side, I'm not keen on the green and purple/pink colours and the rounded knob design. But otherwise, it looks promising...
I agree about the knobs, they should maybe look a bit flatter. But otherwise it looks like a big improvement over Hive 1. Hopefully there will be different color options like in Hive 1.

5Lives wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:48 pmI also sold my Hive license right before the wavetable update. Loved the sound but didn’t love the interface personally (couldn’t find a skin I liked).
You can tell we've sort of hit maximum saturation point of synth choices when people will sell an instrument because they don't like its cheekbones.

Excited for the update. i've had Hive for a while and still don't quite know what to make of it, but it always finds itself in my songs. Definitely need to spend some more time with it.

Return to “Instruments”