kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fernando Carvalho wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:10 pmHe took the effort of making the video
Clearly as an exercise in self-aggrandisement from what I saw.
what I think is terrible is attitudes like yours, so aggressive towards a complete stranger, a music enthusiast as ourselves. It makes visiting these forums more unpleasant than it should be.
He put himself out there, I'm just calling it the way I see it. It's morons like you who make visiting here a waste of time.
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 pmPerhaps go and help funding his cancer treatment campaign?
Why? I don't care if he has cancer and I certainly wouldn't take his word for it that he does.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:25 am
Fernando Carvalho wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:10 pmHe took the effort of making the video
Clearly as an exercise in self-aggrandisement from what I saw.
what I think is terrible is attitudes like yours, so aggressive towards a complete stranger, a music enthusiast as ourselves. It makes visiting these forums more unpleasant than it should be.
He put himself out there, I'm just calling it the way I see it. It's morons like you who make visiting here a waste of time.
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 pmPerhaps go and help funding his cancer treatment campaign?
Why? I don't care if he has cancer and I certainly wouldn't take his word for it that he does.
As i dont like myself Bones atitude some of the times, i agree with him, that overview video is really bad no matter if a guy has cancer or not. Its bad. I really feel sorry for the guy that he has cancer, but im not going pretend or to do what alot of people do in cases where someone with cancer (or some other serious ilness) does something at most average (or not even good) and then people - pity like. Yes people you are horrible here, you are much more horrible then how agressive bones is, because pity like is just being two face and straight up lying and treating a person as a person who is on a verge of death instead of like a normal human being. :)

Bones maye be agressive in the words to some, but people who bring cancer as an excuse you are the worst.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 amAs i dont like myself Bones atitude some of the times, i agree with him, that overview video is really bad no matter if a guy has cancer or not. Its bad. I really feel sorry for the guy that he has cancer, but im not going pretend or to do what alot of people do in cases where someone with cancer (or some other serious ilness) does something at most average (or not even good) and then people - pity like. Yes people you are horrible here, you are much more horrible then how agressive bones is, because pity like is just being two face and straight up lying and treating a person as a person who is on a verge of death instead of like a normal human being. :)

Bones maye be agressive in the words to some, but people who bring cancer as an excuse you are the worst.
The guy's NOT known because he has cancer. He has been doing tutorials & other loosely music-related videos for years before he got sick. He's maybe not the most organised or to-the-point person, but he has experience and knowledge. This particular video is about a synth in beta, that he barely got (he appeared on Discord beta channel within 24h before posting it) so it wasn't meant to be a review or a thorough product presentation - just a quick overview of the features he thought are interesting few months before release.

So maybe just be grateful that someone made an effort and posted a video, that you can watch for free? You - or Bones - don't "need to watch him" and have your "time wasted". You can skip parts if it's too long for you. You can watch at 1.5x or 2x speed if that's your jam. I know many Youtubers way worse than him, having no idea what they're doing, not understanding the software or technique they're showing, straight up lying about them and/or their achievements.

This guy - cancer or not - is not one of them & I don't see how this video warrants him being called a "wanker"... Because it's to long?! :dog: :o WTF is wrong with you people?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Q-Bass wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:56 pm It was mentioned in this news: https://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-20 ... ant-plugin
Thanks. Wasn't aware of that :)

Quite steep, if you ask me. Let's hope there are cross-grades for people owning kHs stuff already.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:28 am
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 amAs i dont like myself Bones atitude some of the times, i agree with him, that overview video is really bad no matter if a guy has cancer or not. Its bad. I really feel sorry for the guy that he has cancer, but im not going pretend or to do what alot of people do in cases where someone with cancer (or some other serious ilness) does something at most average (or not even good) and then people - pity like. Yes people you are horrible here, you are much more horrible then how agressive bones is, because pity like is just being two face and straight up lying and treating a person as a person who is on a verge of death instead of like a normal human being. :)

The guy's NOT known because he has cancer. He has been doing tutorials & other loosely music-related videos for years before he got sick. He's maybe not the most organised or to-the-point person, but he has experience and knowledge. This particular video is about a synth in beta, that he barely got (he appeared on Discord beta channel within 24h before posting it) so it wasn't meant to be a review or a thorough product presentation - just a quick overview of the features he thought are interesting few months before release.

So maybe just be grateful that someone made an effort and posted a video, that you can watch for free? You - or Bones - don't "need to watch him" and have your "time wasted". You can skip parts if it's too long for you. You can watch at 1.5x or 2x speed if that's your jam. I know many Youtubers way worse than him, having no idea what they're doing, not understanding the software or technique they're showing, straight up lying about them and/or their achievements.

This guy - cancer or not - is not one of them & I don't see how this video warrants him being called a "wanker"... Because it's to long?! :dog: :o WTF is wrong with you people?
What you said is completely of the rail and does not correlate with what i said or what i tried to say.

To make it short, what i said is not about what he did or what he does, waste of time or anything, its about people bringing cancer thing up as an excuse because of a negative opinion from someone.

Like you brought it up. Why ? what does it change? makes the video sudenly apear better? why did you brought up that cancer thing? what are you trying to say with that?

What does it have to do Bones saying his opinion about video? I still dont see any connection with that
antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 pm
BONES wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:51 am This does look good and, from what you can tell from the video, it sounds really good, too. That guy is terrible, though. He gives us about 5 minutes of actual information in a 20 minute video and he feels we need to see him wasting our time. Wanker.
You're being a dick :dog:

Perhaps go and help funding his cancer treatment campaign?

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:34 amWhat you said is completely of the rail and does not correlate with what i said or what i tried to say.

To make it short, what i said is not about what he did or what he does, waste of time or anything, its about people bringing cancer thing up as an excuse because of a negative opinion from someone.

Like you brought it up. Why ? what does it change? makes the video sudenly apear better? why did you brought up that cancer thing? what are you trying to say with that?

What does it have to do Bones saying his opinion about video? I still dont see any connection with that
Simple. Because that makes Bones' "wanker" comment triple bad: 1) it was totally uncalled for, considering the "reason" he came up with for using it, 2) he's doing it to a stranger on the Internet, which I'm sure he wouldn't do in the exact same situation in real life, 3) he doesn't have consideration or a slight interest in the guy's situation.

Obviously I'm not expecting everyone to know health situation of every person on YT, but EXACTLY because one doesn't know this one should be careful throwing around words like this. Don't like something, don't watch it and STFU or provide constructive, polite criticism.

Unless one wants to act like a dick, then that's fine by me but let that person not be surprised if they're called on it.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:54 am
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:34 amWhat you said is completely of the rail and does not correlate with what i said or what i tried to say.

Simple. Because that makes Bones' "wanker" comment triple bad: 1) it was totally uncalled for, considering the "reason" he came up with for using it, 2) he's doing it to a stranger on the Internet, which I'm sure he wouldn't do in the exact same situation in real life, 3) he doesn't have consideration or a slight interest in the guy's situation.

Obviously I'm not expecting everyone to know health situation of every person on YT, but EXACTLY because one doesn't know this one should be careful throwing around words like this. Don't like something, don't watch it and STFU or provide constructive, polite criticism.

Unless one wants to act like a dick, then that's fine by me but let that person not be surprised if they're called on it.
1) Agree, you dont have to call people names
2) Yes even its internet its not polite to call names
3) And i do not agree, because he is a stranger to him, why he should care about someones elses personal life

I still dont understand what connection does this have with the guy having cancer?
The only thing i understand is that you are trying to say.

"If a person has cancer it is tabu to say anything negative regarding what he does no matter the circumstances or the quality of the work. It always has to be positive only."

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:11 am"If a person has cancer it is tabu to say anything negative regarding what he does no matter the circumstances or the quality of the work. It always has to be positive only."
No, that's NOT what I'm saying at all! I only brought up cancer to emphasise and put into centext how out of place, ridiculous and out of proportion Bones' reaction was! To a stranger on the Internet, no less.

If that YT guy REALLY was a wanker, i.e. he acted rude, disrespectful, was controversial just for the sake of views, had a complete disregard for the viewers or the product he's showcasing, etc. then I wouldn't care less if he has a cancer or not. He's being a wanker and his condition is not an excuse.

But that's NOT the case here, hence - I think - my mentioning of his situation wasn't made as an excuse, because there's nothing to excuse him from.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 am
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:11 am"If a person has cancer it is tabu to say anything negative regarding what he does no matter the circumstances or the quality of the work. It always has to be positive only."
No, that's NOT what I'm saying at all! I only brought up cancer to emphasise and put into centext how out of place, ridiculous and out of proportion Bones' reaction was! To a stranger on the Internet, no less.

If that YT guy REALLY was a wanker, i.e. he acted rude, disrespectful, was controversial just for the sake of views, had a complete disregard for the viewers or the product he's showcasing, etc. then I wouldn't care less if he has a cancer or not. He's being a wanker and his condition is not an excuse.

But that's NOT the case here, hence - I think - my mentioning of his situation wasn't made as an excuse, because there's nothing to excuse him from.
Ok, well mentioning cancer thing was a out of the place wanker or not wanker, because that was not the reason why bones started calling him (even tho i do agree, if there is no reason to call, dont call) :)

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:46 amOk, well mentioning cancer thing was a out of the place wanker or not wanker, because that was not the reason why bones started calling him (even tho i do agree, if there is no reason to call, dont call) :)
Ok, perhaps it wasn't necessary. But it was much more justified than Bones calling the guy "wanker". Yet it's me who needs to defend and explain himself... Oh well, sign of the times I guess... :roll:
Music tech enthusiast

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:25 am Why? I don't care if he has cancer and I certainly wouldn't take his word for it that he does.
Yikes. I'm guessing compassion isn't your strong suit :)
Signatures are so early 2000s.

jeez all this because bones called someone a wanker? I was asked to go clean out all the posts pertaining to that post. I prefer not to without warning, so here's the my loop on that.

l: Please stay on topic, I will just delete any future posts that continue on that negative tack.:l
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Last edited by Broken on Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don´t remember insulting you, bones. Do something with that anger of yours.

Sorry Hink, no more offtopics from me, I just can´t understand what is still this bones guy doing around here acting like a bully all the time.
Last edited by Fernando Carvalho on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^^^^^so that's a no on staying on topic? :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”