FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Kinh wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:12 am
PieBerger wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 pm Yeah I feel bad for FF, having to bear the brunt of their customers failing to read/demo and behave like reasonable adults. Per band external SC was never advertised, never promised and it was not possible to pre-order, yet some people feel like they have been robbed/deceived/short changed somehow. I don't recall anyone getting angry when Pro-C 2 was released and it didn't have any expansion algos, even though Pro-MB had them and why shouldn't there be crossover, FF are just being greedy etc.

Dynamic EQ has been the most requested new plugin/enhancement in the FF forum for years and they delivered on it. There's no reason to assume that with rational and professional feedback from users, that external per band SC would not come as an update in the future.

Instead FF now has to bend to the will of entitled children, who couldn't be bothered to spend 5 mins to check that the most crucial feature for their workflow was included. This feature was not included in the release video, nor the usual DW features video that followed, nor in any written promotional literature so surely as a professional musician, you do the sensible, professional thing and demo the plugin/read the manual before parting with your money. What you certainly don't do is take to a public forum and start blaming the developer for your own failings. You did stupid, that's your own fault, take responsibility like an adult.
Adult = takes into account many sides of argument
child = only sees what it wants
Practice what you preach.

Being short changed for not having the features you require isn't childish. People pay a lot of money for these products, they're not cheap. I'm sorry that's so confusing for you.
Being short changed is being offered X and given X-1. When a demo was offered to try, a manual and promotional materials available to read and watch, nobody can claim that they were sold short on features that were never advertised/claimed in the first place. A product can fall short of your own expectations sure and as an existing, or potential new, customer you can express your opinions about why you're upset and make a case for future enhancements, but accusing the developer of deliberate underhanded misdeeds is slanderous and not constructive either. One user accused them of using dark arts marketing, implying deliberate attempts were made to make people believe that features were there when they were not. The release notes were pretty clear to me, as were both promo videos and nowhere did FF make any references to other plugins to trick you into thinking that any or all of the features in those plugins would be present in theirs.

I understand the bigger picture and the need and importance of customer feedback, but the clarity and worth of that bigger picture is sullied when people take it upon themselves to smear shit all over it.
Always Read the Manual!

With the current winter sale I snagged this one today :D Looking forward to start employing it to improve my mixing. The thing I'm personally most excited about is the masking visualisation.

Armadillo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:42 pm
e@rs wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 am FabFilter told me yesterday that the external sidechain for Pro-Q 3 is coming for sure in an update.

Unfortunately not by the end of this year.
In an email?
Yes.

PieBerger wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:31 am
Kinh wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:12 am
PieBerger wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 pm Yeah I feel bad for FF, having to bear the brunt of their customers failing to read/demo and behave like reasonable adults. Per band external SC was never advertised, never promised and it was not possible to pre-order, yet some people feel like they have been robbed/deceived/short changed somehow. I don't recall anyone getting angry when Pro-C 2 was released and it didn't have any expansion algos, even though Pro-MB had them and why shouldn't there be crossover, FF are just being greedy etc.

Dynamic EQ has been the most requested new plugin/enhancement in the FF forum for years and they delivered on it. There's no reason to assume that with rational and professional feedback from users, that external per band SC would not come as an update in the future.

Instead FF now has to bend to the will of entitled children, who couldn't be bothered to spend 5 mins to check that the most crucial feature for their workflow was included. This feature was not included in the release video, nor the usual DW features video that followed, nor in any written promotional literature so surely as a professional musician, you do the sensible, professional thing and demo the plugin/read the manual before parting with your money. What you certainly don't do is take to a public forum and start blaming the developer for your own failings. You did stupid, that's your own fault, take responsibility like an adult.
Adult = takes into account many sides of argument
child = only sees what it wants
Practice what you preach.

Being short changed for not having the features you require isn't childish. People pay a lot of money for these products, they're not cheap. I'm sorry that's so confusing for you.
Being short changed is being offered X and given X-1. When a demo was offered to try, a manual and promotional materials available to read and watch, nobody can claim that they were sold short on features that were never advertised/claimed in the first place. A product can fall short of your own expectations sure and as an existing, or potential new, customer you can express your opinions about why you're upset and make a case for future enhancements, but accusing the developer of deliberate underhanded misdeeds is slanderous and not constructive either. One user accused them of using dark arts marketing, implying deliberate attempts were made to make people believe that features were there when they were not. The release notes were pretty clear to me, as were both promo videos and nowhere did FF make any references to other plugins to trick you into thinking that any or all of the features in those plugins would be present in theirs.

I understand the bigger picture and the need and importance of customer feedback, but the clarity and worth of that bigger picture is sullied when people take it upon themselves to smear shit all over it.
Absolutely agree with you. Very logical, rational thinking.

I also pulled the trigger due to the winter sale and EDU discount.

PieBerger wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:31 am One user accused them of using dark arts marketing, implying deliberate attempts were made to make people believe that features were there when they were not.
Fab Filter headquaters
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:54 pm
PieBerger wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:31 am One user accused them of using dark arts marketing, implying deliberate attempts were made to make people believe that features were there when they were not.
Fab Filter headquaters
:clap:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Where has the hype gone? I want to talk about this beautiful pile of code :)

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 am Where has the hype gone? I want to talk about this beautiful pile of code :)
Maybe the "upgrade crowd" is underwhelmed by the cost/benefit ratio of the upgrade?!

Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:59 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 am Where has the hype gone? I want to talk about this beautiful pile of code :)
Maybe the "upgrade crowd" is underwhelmed by the cost/benefit ratio of the upgrade?!
The mob will be back to it's usual hysteria as soon as they have implemented cross-instance/external side-chain, I'm sure of it!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:15 am
Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:59 am
The mob will be back to it's usual hysteria as soon as they have implemented cross-instance/external side-chain, I'm sure of it!
Probably.

mrj1nx wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:16 am With the current winter sale I snagged this one today :D Looking forward to start employing it to improve my mixing. The thing I'm personally most excited about is the masking visualisation.
Visually, all the FabFilter effects are first rate, they are just nice to look at.
They are also intuitively designed which makes them a pleasure to work with.

Attack-release on the dynamic eq would sell me the upgrade.
Until then I'm good with ProQ2. :harp:

Another quirk is the dynamic side's threshold control - it has a big fader button thingy that gets in the way. Setting a really precise threshold so dynamics only activate on the peaks you want can be tricky - much easier in Neutron unfortunately.

Attack/release would be brill although I have to say that they have hit a very good compromise with simplicity as most of the time I don't feel I need it.

Return to “Effects”