Time Stretching

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any free time stretch vst?

Use live10.

I saw this. I used to have the extreme stretch dl but as it says this and the vst are too extreme. I'm looking for something that's a more simple stretch like fruity loops built in offering.

Those tasks can be done with your DAW normally. Logic Pro for example is quite good doing it. Any other serious DAW surely as well.

what don't you use the ableton warp engine ?

You can timestretch with ableton, but you have to know the BPM of the sample you wana timestretch. There is warping offcourse, but it's not the same as timestretching. More like granular based.

And I agree, paulxstretch is a bit to much for regular timestretch duties. Perhaps try Ircam lab TS a try? I know max for live implements good time stretch plugins lately as wel.

Give Soundhack Spiralstretch a try, it has 2 algos for stretching, granular & spectral. Nice solid stretch tool and very fun.

http://www.soundhack.com/pvoc/

You can timestretch with ableton 10 easily by using shift key.

Ableton has one of the best time stretching algorhythms you're gonna find I think the only other DAW that comes close is Reaper

Dblue stretch. Most timestretching is done with granular resynthesis. More advanced algorithms can use ffts and phase vocoders.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

If you are trying to match a tempo, I would opt for whatever is included in your daw. Another good option is Kontakt. It has multiple stretching algorithms that are good for everything from simple stretching to bizzare sound design. If you have a Mac I would go with alchemy 2. I don’t know if it can be used outside of logic , but it’s worth the price if it can.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Try this technique based on using arpeggiators, by garyboozy, it is pretty cool:

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=157703

Return to “Effects”