Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

What about compatibility?
Can X open the old massive presets or not?
Will they sound the same?

dune_rave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:48 am What about compatibility?
Is there a way to autgen a post on this thread on every new page that says “no, Massive X will not open Massive presets, the architecture is completely different?”
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

apparently not

viewtopic.php?p=7282265#p7282265

Massive X is a completely new synth, with completely new DSP and structure, hence there's no backwards compatibility with Massive presets. Which is also why it installs side by side instead of overwriting Massive.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 am So what, exactly, am I missing here?
A little humility :wink:
No auto tune...

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am
Is there a way to autgen a post on this thread on every new page that says “no, Massive X will not open Massive presets, the architecture is completely different?”
We're gonna see this question about compatibility a lot this year. It's just a stupid move by NI to name a completely new synth after a classic one. It might be for marketing reasons but many will be disappointed when they see it has nothing in common with Massive and that it is just another one of the hundreds of synth on the market.

I suppose we can just post this link on every page if the discussion hasn't derailed into philosophy:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ive-x/faq/

Rivanni wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:52 am It's just a stupid move by NI to name a completely new synth after a classic one. It might be for marketing reasons but many will be disappointed.
Marketing is about creating expectations, not fulfilling them :v So, basically NI is making a whole new synth and marketing it under "Massive" brand.

Those who are suckers, will be milked.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Massive is the most overrated VST of all time. It’s super tinnie and digital sounding. Pretty much only useful for making ambient music for film because of how thin and unremarkable it is.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

For the sake of perpetuating the derailing of this thread:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/massive-x/faq/ wrote:MASSIVE X is a VST, AU, AAX instrument, it doesn't run in REAKTOR or KONTAKT.

MASSIVE X is an entirely new instrument, with new features, and a completely new sound engine, so there’s no cross compatibility between MASSIVE X and MASSIVE.
These are objective facts about both versions.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/massive-x/faq/ wrote:‘Gorilla’ is the name of one of the oscillator modes – you’ll know why when you hear it.
This is also an objective fact despite the subjective reasoning in the second part.

If your philosophy leads you to conclude otherwise then it doesn't accurately describe reality.
:D

mutantdog wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 am These are objective facts about both versions.
Objective objects of consciousness.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:11 am Marketing is about creating expectations, not fulfilling them
:tu:

NI are masters of marketing and selling spin...

They understand the psychology of the buyer very well...

Stunning GUI's and marketing blurb that is so full of creative license,it would make a real estate agent weep with envy....

The funny thing is,that even though they are the "Future of Sound",I am finding less relevance in their newer products these days...

I guess my musical world is just spinning on a different axis than their one...

"You know I used to love her,but it's all over now" :wink:
No auto tune...

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am
A FAQ is needed. :)

Not that people really read those either...

v1o wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:26 am Massive is the most overrated VST of all time. It’s super tinnie and digital sounding. Pretty much only useful for making ambient music for film because of how thin and unremarkable it is.
I'm not the biggest fan of Massive either, but, whole genres are built on sounds from Massive.

I'm sure Massive X will be a different ballpark though. Just for the Monark filter alone. If the rest is in similar quality, i don't have a doubt that it will be a winner.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 am but, whole genres are built on sounds from Massive.
Actually I be curious to dig deeper. Which genres do you think were directly influenced by Massive and it's capabilities?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Instruments”