kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

This does look good and, from what you can tell from the video, it sounds really good, too. That guy is terrible, though. He gives us about 5 minutes of actual information in a 20 minute video and he feels we need to see him wasting our time. Wanker.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Okay, so here's my thoughts on this. Very flexible synth. Sounds great. But it's not going to be cheap.

Comparing it to existing synths on the market just in terms of features, this thing blows away something like Zebra 2 which goes for $199.

So, I'd be absolutely STUNNED if this thing sold for less than $149. In fact, I wouldn't believe it. It's certainly not going to be a $99 synth. No way in hell. I wouldn't be surprised if this topped the $200 mark.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to who they want to appeal to.

As far as I know the price for now is set 169 €/$ for the synth itself or 199 €/$ for a bundle with some Starter toolkit. Probably some snapins or extra modules..

Q-Bass wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:21 pm As far as I know the price for now is set 169 €/$ for the synth itself or 199 €/$ for a bundle with some Starter toolkit. Probably some snapins or extra modules..
169 euro is $192 as of right now, so not too far off from Zebra 2.

Not surprised at all by this price. Like I said, wasn't going to be cheap.

SeeingInMidi wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:32 pm Fx per voice is pretty neat, dont know any other synth that does this other than the distortion unit in repro.
MeldaProduction's MSoundFactory does (currently in beta phase).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

BONES wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:51 am This does look good and, from what you can tell from the video, it sounds really good, too. That guy is terrible, though. He gives us about 5 minutes of actual information in a 20 minute video and he feels we need to see him wasting our time. Wanker.
He took the effort of making the video, what I think is terrible is attitudes like yours, so aggressive towards a complete stranger, a music enthusiast as ourselves. It makes visiting these forums more unpleasant than it should be.

What about Synthmaster?
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 pm Okay, so here's my thoughts on this. Very flexible synth. Sounds great. But it's not going to be cheap.

Comparing it to existing synths on the market just in terms of features, this thing blows away something like Zebra 2 which goes for $199.

So, I'd be absolutely STUNNED if this thing sold for less than $149. In fact, I wouldn't believe it. It's certainly not going to be a $99 synth. No way in hell. I wouldn't be surprised if this topped the $200 mark.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to who they want to appeal to.

I'm betting this should be at least a $50 upgrade for the works owners... :D

BONES wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:51 am This does look good and, from what you can tell from the video, it sounds really good, too. That guy is terrible, though. He gives us about 5 minutes of actual information in a 20 minute video and he feels we need to see him wasting our time. Wanker.
You're being a dick :dog:

Perhaps go and help funding his cancer treatment campaign?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Q-Bass wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:21 pm As far as I know the price for now is set 169 €/$ for the synth itself or 199 €/$ for a bundle with some Starter toolkit. Probably some snapins or extra modules..
Where did you get those prices from? For sure I've not seen them on the beta channel...

Anyway, the big strength and point of differentiation for this synth is how it integrates with their SnapIn system, so basically if you own a SnapIn you can use it as a stand-alone VST, as a parallel effect in SnapHeap, as a multi-band effect in MultiPass or as an insert in one of the parallel busses in PhasePlant (PP). The oscillators themselves or modulation section in PP are good, with some great features like audio-rate modulation; but nothing groundbreaking really.

So I think they'll sell the PP that has access to 6 free SnapIns quite cheap (say $99) as an entry point for people to buy their paid SnapIns, the "premium" SnapIns (Disperser & Faturator) and Carve/Slice EQs. Perhaps they'll also sell a full version of PP + all their devices at a reduced price.
Music tech enthusiast

How did you get into the beta program antic?

pekbro wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:22 pm How did you get into the beta program antic?
I just messageg KiloHearts on FB and asked for invite. Owning The Works (their all plugins bundle) might have helped in my case, but I'm not sure if they even looked into that - beta install comes with all their devices, even kHs ONE.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 pm
pekbro wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:22 pm How did you get into the beta program antic?
I just messageg KiloHearts on FB and asked for invite. Owning The Works (their all plugins bundle) might have helped in my case, but I'm not sure if they even looked into that - beta install comes with all their devices, even kHs ONE.
Ok, thanks for the info!

Return to “Instruments”