kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
liv
KVRian
1452 posts since 26 Feb, 2013 from Sweden

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 pm

:tu:
Soundset for UVI Falcon "Et Tantara Pul Hypnosis".

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
7853 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:51 pm

This does look good and, from what you can tell from the video, it sounds really good, too. That guy is terrible, though. He gives us about 5 minutes of actual information in a 20 minute video and he feels we need to see him wasting our time. Wanker.
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win10), Yamaha AG06, Orion 64 bit, Roli Seaboard Rise 25, Ultranova, Rocket, Pulse 2, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
15264 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:46 am

Okay, so here's my thoughts on this. Very flexible synth. Sounds great. But it's not going to be cheap.

Comparing it to existing synths on the market just in terms of features, this thing blows away something like Zebra 2 which goes for $199.

So, I'd be absolutely STUNNED if this thing sold for less than $149. In fact, I wouldn't believe it. It's certainly not going to be a $99 synth. No way in hell. I wouldn't be surprised if this topped the $200 mark.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to who they want to appeal to.

Q-Bass
KVRer
7 posts since 20 Dec, 2018

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:21 am

As far as I know the price for now is set 169 €/$ for the synth itself or 199 €/$ for a bundle with some Starter toolkit. Probably some snapins or extra modules..

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
15264 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:43 am

Q-Bass wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:21 am
As far as I know the price for now is set 169 €/$ for the synth itself or 199 €/$ for a bundle with some Starter toolkit. Probably some snapins or extra modules..
169 euro is $192 as of right now, so not too far off from Zebra 2.

Not surprised at all by this price. Like I said, wasn't going to be cheap.

DarkStar
KVRAF
8830 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:06 am

SeeingInMidi wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:32 am
Fx per voice is pretty neat, dont know any other synth that does this other than the distortion unit in repro.
MeldaProduction's MSoundFactory does (currently in beta phase).
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

Fernando Carvalho
KVRist
168 posts since 5 Jul, 2004

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 am

BONES wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:51 pm
This does look good and, from what you can tell from the video, it sounds really good, too. That guy is terrible, though. He gives us about 5 minutes of actual information in a 20 minute video and he feels we need to see him wasting our time. Wanker.
He took the effort of making the video, what I think is terrible is attitudes like yours, so aggressive towards a complete stranger, a music enthusiast as ourselves. It makes visiting these forums more unpleasant than it should be.

SoundPorn
KVRian
718 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:14 am

What about Synthmaster?
wagtunes wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:46 am
Okay, so here's my thoughts on this. Very flexible synth. Sounds great. But it's not going to be cheap.

Comparing it to existing synths on the market just in terms of features, this thing blows away something like Zebra 2 which goes for $199.

So, I'd be absolutely STUNNED if this thing sold for less than $149. In fact, I wouldn't believe it. It's certainly not going to be a $99 synth. No way in hell. I wouldn't be surprised if this topped the $200 mark.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to who they want to appeal to.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2545 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:22 am

I'm betting this should be at least a $50 upgrade for the works owners... :D

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
2200 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:52 am

BONES wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:51 pm
This does look good and, from what you can tell from the video, it sounds really good, too. That guy is terrible, though. He gives us about 5 minutes of actual information in a 20 minute video and he feels we need to see him wasting our time. Wanker.
You're being a dick :dog:

Perhaps go and help funding his cancer treatment campaign?
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
2200 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 am

Q-Bass wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:21 am
As far as I know the price for now is set 169 €/$ for the synth itself or 199 €/$ for a bundle with some Starter toolkit. Probably some snapins or extra modules..
Where did you get those prices from? For sure I've not seen them on the beta channel...

Anyway, the big strength and point of differentiation for this synth is how it integrates with their SnapIn system, so basically if you own a SnapIn you can use it as a stand-alone VST, as a parallel effect in SnapHeap, as a multi-band effect in MultiPass or as an insert in one of the parallel busses in PhasePlant (PP). The oscillators themselves or modulation section in PP are good, with some great features like audio-rate modulation; but nothing groundbreaking really.

So I think they'll sell the PP that has access to 6 free SnapIns quite cheap (say $99) as an entry point for people to buy their paid SnapIns, the "premium" SnapIns (Disperser & Faturator) and Carve/Slice EQs. Perhaps they'll also sell a full version of PP + all their devices at a reduced price.
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

Q-Bass
KVRer
7 posts since 20 Dec, 2018

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:56 am


User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2545 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:22 pm

How did you get into the beta program antic?

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
2200 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:08 pm

pekbro wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:22 pm
How did you get into the beta program antic?
I just messageg KiloHearts on FB and asked for invite. Owning The Works (their all plugins bundle) might have helped in my case, but I'm not sure if they even looked into that - beta install comes with all their devices, even kHs ONE.
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2545 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:21 pm

antic604 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:08 pm
pekbro wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:22 pm
How did you get into the beta program antic?
I just messageg KiloHearts on FB and asked for invite. Owning The Works (their all plugins bundle) might have helped in my case, but I'm not sure if they even looked into that - beta install comes with all their devices, even kHs ONE.
Ok, thanks for the info!

Return to “Instruments”