PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:01 pm Dune 3 is great for pads
and bass
and leads
and drums
etc etc

whats your point? oh yeah, to spam threads with your (always on sale) presets

keep that in the soundware forum where it belongs

Is Dune 3 on sale... finally?

yeserday dune 3 crashed every daw and i had no idea how i could solve it, i installed it new but without success. Than i deleted my new sound set and dune 3 worked again without problems. I copied the soundset again, and renamed the long name of the soundset into a short name and it works,..... so there is a bug that crashes dune 3 with your DAW, if your soundset has to many characters

Hey Richard_Synapse

I did noticed one odd detail. In MSEGs there is small LCD screen bellow name "seconds/time" just above "preset". Shouldnt it display time/seconds? it shows black with 3 dots.

Also i did noticed when filters are linked they do not rotate accordingly to the one you are moving.

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:00 am
Also i did noticed when filters are linked they do not rotate accordingly to the one you are moving.

if you move the left cutoff 5%, the right cutoff moves 5% (relative to current position)

they do not "auto match" values

AnX wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:04 am
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:00 am

if you move the left cutoff 5%, the right cutoff moves 5% (relative to current position)

they do not "auto match" values
Yes exactly that and it does feel a bit odd because thats not an expected behaviour (at least for ex when working with virus or harmor). Maybe add an option where you can choose the behaviour would be good :)

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:39 am Yes exactly that and it does feel a bit odd because thats not an expected behaviour (at least for ex when working with virus or harmor). Maybe add an option where you can choose the behaviour would be good :)
The behavior is on purpose. Suppose you set up the filter cutoffs to create a formant-type sound, you want to keep the relative distance between the Cutoffs when sweeping them together. Generally speaking, there is no situation I can think of where all filter parameters (i.e. Cutoff, Reso, Keytrack, Drive) should be all exactly the same. Usually only one or two of them should match, and this is exactly what can be controlled nicely in Dune 3. Some synths only give you a Cutoff link, but it can be desirable to link Reso or Keytrack as well.

In order to force Cutoff 1/2 to be the same, simply move both Cutoffs to zero or to 100% then hit Link, and you have them on the exact same value, controlled now by Cutoff 1.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:08 am
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:39 am Yes exactly that and it does feel a bit odd because thats not an expected behaviour (at least for ex when working with virus or harmor). Maybe add an option where you can choose the behaviour would be good :)
The behavior is on purpose. Suppose you set up the filter cutoffs to create a formant-type sound, you want to keep the relative distance between the Cutoffs when sweeping them together. Generally speaking, there is no situation I can think of where all filter parameters (i.e. Cutoff, Reso, Keytrack, Drive) should be all exactly the same. Usually only one or two of them should match, and this is exactly what can be controlled nicely in Dune 3. Some synths only give you a Cutoff link, but it can be desirable to link Reso or Keytrack as well.

In order to force Cutoff 1/2 to be the same, simply move both Cutoffs to zero or to 100% then hit Link, and you have them on the exact same value, controlled now by Cutoff 1.

Richard
Indeed, thanks for the answer.

But what about this? :)
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:00 am Hey Richard_Synapse

I did noticed one odd detail. In MSEGs there is small LCD screen bellow name "seconds/time" just above "preset". Shouldnt it display time/seconds? it shows black with 3 dots.

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:00 am I did noticed one odd detail. In MSEGs there is small LCD screen bellow name "seconds/time" just above "preset". Shouldnt it display time/seconds? it shows black with 3 dots.
When the MSEG is sync'ed to the host tempo, then the LCD display is in bars/quarters. If the MSEG is not sync'ed, then time is measured in seconds.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:08 am
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:00 am I did noticed one odd detail. In MSEGs there is small LCD screen bellow name "seconds/time" just above "preset". Shouldnt it display time/seconds? it shows black with 3 dots.
When the MSEG is sync'ed to the host tempo, then the LCD display is in bars/quarters. If the MSEG is not sync'ed, then time is measured in seconds.

Richard
Ah i see now, when you mentioned msegs i just paid attention it changes when you move the mseg points themself...silly me :dog:

Does anyonr else wish we had mute buttons on the mixer? kind of a small ting really, but just useful when you want to autition oscillators without screwing the mix up.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm Does anyonr else wish we had mute buttons on the mixer? kind of a small ting really, but just useful when you want to autition oscillators without screwing the mix up.
Absolutely!

Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:02 pm But i wished Dune 3 would offer even a wider frequency. F.e. the OSC frequency goes not really as down as some others can and also there seems a limit in the high frequencies where other can go much further.
I just noticed that. It seems the highest note Dune 3 can play is C6. Not that that wouldn't be enough in most cases. Just interesting that there's a limit.

I also noticed that there's quite a low cut on the higher frequencies visible in a spectrum analyzer:
Dune 3 spectrum.jpg
Mind you, this happens in a similar way in a lot of other synths as well. Waldorf Largo e.g. has a hard cut at a certain frequency below the actual sample rate frequency. Looks like Dune has some kind of low cut with a slope like a low pass filter though, which is not apparent in other synths.

I know, nitpicking, but, stuff like that is interesting for me to compare. It's also something i don't criticize (to prevent the hack slashing from the usual suspects), i guess Dune was coded that way to be low on CPU, which is cool of course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fascinating. One post showing someone making awesome sounds with Dune 3. The next post is someone worried about how it looks on an analyzer.

Shows just how skewed some people's (the usual suspects) priorities are these days........ :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”