Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:13 am Nice if you have that luxury but my host doesn't work like that with plugins. I can do that with the native drums and sampler but for everything else I need to load the instrument before I can access any presets.
Your host doesn't save presets? Or doesn't save presets that have a VST in them? Either way... yikes. Not sure I would call that a luxery but a very basic function. Never heard of a host that can't save a preset with a VST in it.

guys, so Massive X will out or no?
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

NatLife wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:41 am guys, so Massive X will out or no?
Huh? "will out"?

Not released yet, the elves are still baking the cookies...

SteveWZ wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:56 am
Not released yet, the elves are still baking the cookies...
hol yeah :hihi:
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

perfumer wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:42 amSpeechless!
You have absolutely no idea. When I was finished with mine, in 1986, I literally couldn't give them away, nobody at all wanted them. A couple of years later I was about to throw them out when a friend said he'd take one, just to muck around with. The other one went to landfill. That's how good they were.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:37 am Your host doesn't save presets?
What would a host-level preset save? I can save instrument and effect presets in Orion's own preset format but I can't access those presets until I load the instrument or effect they belong to. i.e. I can choose Insert|VST instrument|Korg|Polysix but then I have to wait for it to load before I can open a preset from the instrument's toolbar. With Orion's Sampler and Drumrack, I can choose Insert|Sampler|Biting Dogs Pad (or any other preset) straight from the drop-down menu.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:58 am
perfumer wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:42 amSpeechless!
You have absolutely no idea. When I was finished with mine, in 1986, I literally couldn't give them away, nobody at all wanted them. A couple of years later I was about to throw them out when a friend said he'd take one, just to muck around with. The other one went to landfill. That's how good they were.
It seems you have absolutely no idea.

Please don't bother to fight back, as you love to. I'm not into petty fights with clueless twats.

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:13 amOK, I will talk you through it. The filter is called a Low Pass filter. By definition that means the frequencies above the cutoff frequency should be attenuated. With me so far?
Hmm when you read 'low pass' it could just as logically be understood to mean something that passes the lows; something that leaves the lows intact; something that does not touch the lows. So a 'low pass filter' would be a filter that does not interact with the lows. So maybe it was Bob Moog's way of describing the complex behaviour the particular filter he had and every other filter since that has actually filtered away the lows completely has been using 'low-pass' incorrectly. Maybe Bob wanted it to to be that way. Maybe he's been giggling about it for decades and not saying anything. Maybe he's still giggling.

In any case BONES you definitely are objectively terrible. 8)
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:42 am In any case BONES you definitely are objectively terrible. 8)
From a philosophical point of view, and strictly speaking, NOTHING is objective. Everything is how it appears to you. So if you see a ball and say 'this is a ball', this is subjective. If you measure a frequency of 1 kHz with your spectroscope, this is not objective either.

You guys should really read up on ancient Greek philosophy, before posting around on music forums. This would save the discussion from derailing into error, sin and the realm of Satan (yes, Christianity is about that too).

Of course he couldn't do without ad hominem. :)

Talking about philosophy... I just realized how pointless and irrelevant my life is if I spend time reading these discussions on KVR :v

Even if everything is subjective, you guys could stick to subject, still.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

perfumer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:53 am
spunkmuffin wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:42 am In any case BONES you definitely are objectively terrible. 8)
From a philosophical point of view, and strictly speaking, NOTHING is objective. Everything is how it appears to you. So if you see a ball and say 'this is a ball', this is subjective. If you measure a frequency of 1 kHz with your spectroscope, this is not objective either.

You guys should really read up on ancient Greek philosophy, before posting around on music forums. This would save the discussion from derailing into error, sin and the realm of Satan (yes, Christianity is about that too).
From a scientific point of view, there absolutely is such a thing as objective. The qualities of a ball that determine its nature are objective, the only thing subjective is the purpose that you imbue upon it. Perhaps you should read some more recent scientific literature before posting philosophy on a computer software forum. :D

mutantdog wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:17 am
perfumer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:53 am

From a scientific point of view, there absolutely is such a thing as objective. The qualities of a ball that determine its nature are objective, the only thing subjective is the purpose that you imbue upon it. Perhaps you should read some more recent scientific literature before posting philosophy on a computer software forum. :D
No, they are not, because that's how they appear to you.

And the thing itself is not its attributes. That's why the human being - anthropos - is unfindable.

BTW, Buddhism is about the same thing too.

hpc

Considered theologically, this thread has gone to hell!

:wink:
바보

Return to “Instruments”