ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Official support for: spcplugins.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ArcSyn

ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta is available for public testing from:

https://www.spcplugins.com/beta

It has unison mode with up to 16 oscillator copies. You're welcome to download it, give it a test and let me know if you have any problems with it.

Update: ArcSyn's parameter display and the host display should now show the detune amount as 0 to 200 cents. This is the difference between the lowest and highest voices.

I had a little very specific problem that I haven't been able to reproduce and I don't remember the details too good... I was messing with the init patch, with unison at 16 voices, 50% detune. Changed Osc 1 wave from Saw to an FM mode (I don't know if before or after activating unison), think it was the 2nd or 3rd FM modes (one of the harmonic ones) and got a weird behaviour: When moving the Shape control, it only affected one voice out of the 16, I could hear it and tested it with a scope. The other voices remained where the Shape control was originally, at 0%.

Then tried to do it again but all the waveshapes worked perfectly so... I suppose it's just a very specific case to get to the problem. Will update if I manage to reproduce it though.

Also it would be great if you could add a label in the GUI with the Satyatunes skin, I could not find Unison at first :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Thanks for the update, huge sound! Love that I can now do unison saw chords :love: :love: . Also incredible wall of sound when activating all possible unisons (global x16 with the three oscs as Super saws).

A pleasant surprise!

:party: :) :party:
바보

Jorgeelalto wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 pm I had a little very specific problem that I haven't been able to reproduce and I don't remember the details too good... I was messing with the init patch, with unison at 16 voices, 50% detune. Changed Osc 1 wave from Saw to an FM mode (I don't know if before or after activating unison), think it was the 2nd or 3rd FM modes (one of the harmonic ones) and got a weird behaviour: When moving the Shape control, it only affected one voice out of the 16, I could hear it and tested it with a scope. The other voices remained where the Shape control was originally, at 0%.
Thanks for reporting this. I'll look into it.
Jorgeelalto wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 pmAlso it would be great if you could add a label in the GUI with the Satyatunes skin, I could not find Unison at first :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
The missing "UNISON" label on the Satyatunes skin has been fixed - just download it again to get the latest build.
Jorgeelalto wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 pmThanks for the update, huge sound! Love that I can now do unison saw chords :love: :love: . Also incredible wall of sound when activating all possible unisons (global x16 with the three oscs as Super saws).
I'm glad you noticed that! If you can play a 6-note chord with everything dialed up to 11, then it's 3 oscillators X 8 MultiSaws X 16 Unisons X 6 notes, which makes for 2,304 saws!

Cool, will update when I get home. I am not get bored of saying this: amazing synth! :D

Update 16th January 2018: I've uploaded a new build of ArcSyn v3.0.0 which should fix a reported issue with the oscillator shape parameter not affecting unison voices on some waveforms.

Hi Steven,

I realized the unison part of the GUIs is a bit all over the place... Maybe you are already working on it but I made an Imgur album with the small problems I found. These are skin problems only, nothing to do with the audio engine BTW (I add the red stripes to easily check the relative position of the elements):

So, in the satyatunes skin, the unison detune slider is too high and its top part is cut off:

Also, the effect slot mix is too high, compared to the stock and Layzer skins:

Here it is in the stock skin:

In the Layzer skin, the elements are a bit misaligned and they are overlapping the "LCD display".

I made a quick correction with my image editor, I think it looks great:

If you have any questions please let me know! :)

Jorge

Have you considered adding stereo spread to the unison?

Have you tried making the demo got to silence instead of a very un_soothing and intrusive noise.
I tried the demo, noise just gets in the way of even spending more than a few minutes patching>> uninstalled, pity looks interesting but I have synths and although this looks like it might bring something to the party, the noise just tells me >> get away.
Other demos I have tried (and sometimes bought) are not always so intrusive.

toonertik wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:30 pm Have you tried making the demo got to silence instead of a very un_soothing and intrusive noise.
I tried the demo, noise just gets in the way of even spending more than a few minutes patching>> uninstalled, pity looks interesting but I have synths and although this looks like it might bring something to the party, the noise just tells me >> get away.
Other demos I have tried (and sometimes bought) are not always so intrusive.
I second that and I'm an owner wanting to see this synth go further. How about a 20 minute hassle free demo with a reload synth to reset? No saving parameters or presets?

Breach The Sky wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:40 am Have you considered adding stereo spread to the unison?
+1 0000000000000

Jorgeelalto wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:51 pm Hi Steven,

I realized the unison part of the GUIs is a bit all over the place... Maybe you are already working on it but I made an Imgur album with the small problems I found. These are skin problems only, nothing to do with the audio engine BTW (I add the red stripes to easily check the relative position of the elements):

Jorge
Hi Jorge,

Wow, you have good eyes! I've just checked, and the incorrect positioning of the effect mix slider in the Satya skin has been there right from the start. Okay, I've modified the mix/detune slider and also the Layzer skin according to your suggestions. The new builds have been uploaded to https://www.spcplugins.com/beta

Thank you for your input :)

focusrite wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:31 am
Breach The Sky wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:40 am Have you considered adding stereo spread to the unison?
+1 0000000000000
The only way in which you can have oscillator outputs with stereo spread is by also having stereo filters, and a routing arrangement which can handle stereo signals. It would *probably* be possible to implement this in ArcSyn, but as you can imagine, rewriting all the filters to handle stereo signals would be quite a lot of work (and a lot of debugging!). I can say that this definitely won't be making it into v3.0.0 :(

But it is possible to get one stereo filter simply by setting both filters to the same settings except for their output panning (filter 1 panned to L, filter 2 to R), then routing the oscillators something like: oscillator 1 to filter 1, oscillator 2 to filter 2, then oscillator 3 to both filters.

I've attached a program which does this. (Please let me know if this works, as I've not tried attaching a program before.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yep it works as you describe
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

SPC Plugins wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 am
focusrite wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:31 am
+1 0000000000000
The only way in which you can have oscillator outputs with stereo spread is by also having stereo filters, and a routing arrangement which can handle stereo signals. It would *probably* be possible to implement this in ArcSyn, but as you can imagine, rewriting all the filters to handle stereo signals would be quite a lot of work (and a lot of debugging!). I can say that this definitely won't be making it into v3.0.0 :(

But it is possible to get one stereo filter simply by setting both filters to the same settings except for their output panning (filter 1 panned to L, filter 2 to R), then routing the oscillators something like: oscillator 1 to filter 1, oscillator 2 to filter 2, then oscillator 3 to both filters.

I've attached a program which does this. (Please let me know if this works, as I've not tried attaching a program before.)
I would be happy to pay for an upgrade and I'm sure others would too as it's such a good synth!

Return to “SPC Plugins”