2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

E. g. Blachoke, as many reverbs has the "kill" feature. Most useful, in my opinion. If this can be done with one on/off button in the present Breeze version, I' m all ears.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... /blackhole

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 pm Blachoke
In what way do blachokes differ from artichokes and how do you prepare/cook them typically?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Obviously, meant Blackhole by Eventide.

Can anybody share the preset sounding very close to "Waves - Abbey Road Plates"? I'm 100% sure it is possible to dial but still not able to find those settings myself.
Last edited by Max369 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Max369 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:56 pm Obviously, meant Blackhole by Eventide.
You don't say.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:58 am You still have to manually set them up.
If you turn on P-link in Breeze you have the first step. Now whatever mix/balance you set in Breeze, you should set the same amount in the distance parameter of Precedence to get (in theory) the best results.
Btw the “in theory” part is a good note. There is not really a completely exact science to this topic of what the exact level balance of the direct sound vs the reflected energy (ie wet/dry mix) should be relative to distance. In general the greater the distance the higher the wet ratio should be, or conversely the lower the dry signal should be. But the exact relationship between distance and the direct reflected ratio is somewhat variable in the real world depending on various real world physical properties of the space.

So in the current version it is perfectly fine to disobey the guidelines and use slightly different values for Distance and Mix if it sounds better to you that way.

And in the next update with auto-linking you will still be able to manually adjust the reverb level if desired.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 pm E. g. Blachoke, as many reverbs has the "kill" feature. Most useful, in my opinion. If this can be done with one on/off button in the present Breeze version, I' m all ears.

Can you describe how you want to use this feature? Do you which to automate it for creative purposes in a mix or is this just for auditioning parameter changes when tweaking presets?

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:41 am
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 pm E. g. Blackhole, as many reverbs has the "kill" feature. Most useful, in my opinion. If this can be done with one on/off button in the present Breeze version, I' m all ears.

Can you describe how you want to use this feature? Do you which to automate it for creative purposes in a mix or is this just for auditioning parameter changes when tweaking presets?
Andrew, mainly the later, but if the feature suited for the creative automated parameter, too, even better.
How I use the ’kill’ in reverb, is when testing different reverb types/presets, and when test the reverb suitability to the arrangement.
There you often have to repeat the arranged bit tens of times, and if the reverb tail stays echoing every time, it slows you down/eats your nerves. There you need killing the reverb to save time.

...but we do that already when you change presets or almost any/every parameter... as I mentioned above. So I’m still confused what the request is?

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 am ...but we do that already when you change presets or almost any/every parameter... as I mentioned above. So I’m still confused what the request is?
When you play repeatly the same bit of the arr, as at least I do as a part of the song creating workflow, you get a mess with the present Breeze.

I don’t know why this is hard to get - maybe my workflow us unique.

Ah... so you are NOT actually changing anything in Brreze, you are simply starting/stopping your host daw’s transport/playback and you are using some quite long time setting in breeze and in the process of editing OTHER things in your project such as midi data or some other plug settings you wish you could kill the breeze tail? Do I understand now?

If yes, then you should be able to use the A-B preset state to do this. Two clicks on it should do the trick. First click will kill the tail, clear the buffer and switch to another present state. Second click will return you to the preset state you were using.

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:09 pm Ah... so you are NOT actually changing anything in Brreze, you are simply starting/stopping your host daw’s transport/playback and you are using some quite long time setting in breeze and in the process of editing OTHER things in your project such as midi data or some other plug settings you wish you could kill the breeze tail? Do I understand now?

OK, thank you for the hint.
BTW, I do all kind of things, i.e. can’t say this is the only occasion, where the need of killing the reverb has risen.
As a owner of about 15 reverb vsts, I can only say, that those include the ’kill’, I use it often.

If yes, then you should be able to use the A-B preset state to do this. Two clicks on it should do the trick. First click will kill the tail, clear the buffer and switch to another present state. Second click will return you to the preset state you were using.

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:38 am

Btw the “in theory” part is a good note. There is not really a completely exact science to this topic of what the exact level balance of the direct sound vs the reflected energy (ie wet/dry mix) should be relative to distance. In general the greater the distance the higher the wet ratio should be, or conversely the lower the dry signal should be. But the exact relationship between distance and the direct reflected ratio is somewhat variable in the real world depending on various real world physical properties of the space.

So in the current version it is perfectly fine to disobey the guidelines and use slightly different values for Distance and Mix if it sounds better to you that way.

And in the next update with auto-linking you will still be able to manually adjust the reverb level if desired.
indeed ...
i have been playing around w/ different settings , and coming up
w/ quite a few enjoyable results ...

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:41 am
Hey... Don't mean to be pesky, but a maintenance update of Aether and B2 to fix the dreaded folder structure sorting thing on Mac would be so appreciated. Browsing through presets is a pain in the butt.

and please, retina GUI for all your plugins

Ploki wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:19 am Hey... Don't mean to be pesky, but a maintenance update of Aether and B2 to fix the dreaded folder structure sorting thing on Mac would be so appreciated. Browsing through presets is a pain in the butt.
It will be fixed in the next major update for those. Not ETA on that yet.
Ploki wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:19 am and please, retina GUI for all your plugins
This was done to Precedence and Breeze in the past 60 days or so. It will be part of the update that is coming soon. :tu:

It will be done to our other plugs in their respective next major updates as our GUI system has changed as you have seen in P and B.

Return to “Effects”