Timestretch in the Sampler

Official support for: bitwig.com
escapednb
KVRist
42 posts since 24 Mar, 2017

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 am

Hey Bitwig Team,
Please add Timestretch to the new Sampler.
I miss this option so much... :(
thanks

xbitz
KVRAF
2353 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Re: Timestretch in the Sampler

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 am

you are not alone, also using the hopefully temporally solution of antic604 https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/11 ... in-sampler
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

antic604
KVRAF
2188 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:57 am

xbitz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 am
you are not alone, also using the hopefully temporally solution of antic604 https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/11 ... in-sampler
Huh? Wasn't aware anyone is using this :) :D :hug:
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

escapednb
KVRist
42 posts since 24 Mar, 2017

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 am

I must say i don't like the sound of the pitch shifter device. There are some rare cases where its interesting in a fx chain but in general i think it sounds horrible.
I also don't get why the new sampler has no versatile time-stretch mode from the get-go. I mean the big point-update feature before the sampler was the new timestretching in the sequencer. (Which i also find is pretty cumbersome to use btw.)
I hope the usability of the whole tempo-detection/pitch-shifting/timestretching(in sampler and sequencer) gets some rework.
But i fear it's blocked by backward-compatibility issues. I allways loved the way ableton is working in that part.

Yokai
KVRist
469 posts since 7 Nov, 2017

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:54 am

escapednb wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 am
I must say i don't like the sound of the pitch shifter device. There are some rare cases where its interesting in a fx chain but in general i think it sounds horrible.
I also don't get why the new sampler has no versatile time-stretch mode from the get-go. I mean the big point-update feature before the sampler was the new timestretching in the sequencer. (Which i also find is pretty cumbersome to use btw.)
I hope the usability of the whole tempo-detection/pitch-shifting/timestretching(in sampler and sequencer) gets some rework.
But i fear it's blocked by backward-compatibility issues. I allways loved the way ableton is working in that part.
I get where you're coming from, but for counterpoint balance, I strongly prefer Bitwig's clip-level stretching mechanics over Ableton's. The only thing Bitwig is still missing is a good "Textures" stretching mode that will let you adjust both grain and format. "Textures" is a very key creative warping mode in Ableton that most of the bass music producers I know all rely on for certain types of detailing work. It's odd that they threw a close equivalent to "Textures" mode directly in the 2.4 Sampler, but they didn't also add it to the clip warping options! I'd really love to see Bitwig plug that gap and implement it into the set of clip warping options.

Also, I do totally agree with you that they should play catch-up with Ableton's Simpler and get a true "Warp" option into Bitwig's Sampler ASAP. That's now the biggest "loss" if you are mulling over whether to migrate from Ableton to Bitwig.
Bitwig | Ableton | Windows 10
baphometrix.com | My YouTube producer tutorials

djrevise5
KVRist
49 posts since 20 Dec, 2008

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 am

escapednb wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 am
Also, I do totally agree with you that they should play catch-up with Ableton's Simpler and get a true "Warp" option into Bitwig's Sampler ASAP. That's now the biggest "loss" if you are mulling over whether to migrate from Ableton to Bitwig.
Yes agreed, I moved from Ableton recently and this is really the feature I miss the most, other than the large library of very useful M4l sequencers and unique effects and the complete Push2 compatibility.

pdxindy
KVRAF
15129 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:18 pm

escapednb wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 am
Hey Bitwig Team,
Please add Timestretch to the new Sampler.
I miss this option so much... :(
thanks
Since Bitwig does not read the forum, your (for sure useful) feature request will likely go unnoticed.

Sending them an email as well as posting here will!
support@bitwig.com

Return to “Bitwig”