2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

There is already some direct communication between P and B, if you activate the P-Link, the pre-delay section in B gets deactivated automatically.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 pm There is already some direct communication between P and B, if you activate the P-Link, the pre-delay section in B gets deactivated automatically.
I can't see that, if I activate P-Link in Breeze the predelay gets deactivated but I can't see any interaction between Breeze and Precedence at the moment, or a P-Link buton on Precedence (although it would be useful to have some tooltips at least, as many buttons don't even have labels so I'm not entirely sure what they all do).

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 pm There is already some direct communication between P and B, if you activate the P-Link, the pre-delay section in B gets deactivated automatically.
I can't see that, if I activate P-Link in Breeze the predelay gets deactivated but I can't see any interaction between Breeze and Precedence at the moment, or a P-Link buton on Precedence (although it would be useful to have some tooltips at least, as many buttons don't even have labels so I'm not entirely sure what they all do).
You still have to manually set them up.
If you turn on P-link in Breeze you have the first step. Now whatever mix/balance you set in Breeze, you should set the same amount in the distance parameter of Precedence to get (in theory) the best results.

P-Link is “manual proof of concept” in the version you guys have. The process is to turn on the link button in breeze and then manually change the mix/balance value in breeze to match the distance value in P. There is no automatic communicaiton between then in the version you have.

The next update which is hopefully by the end of January has automatic communication and other fancy tricks. We will fully document how it works with this next update.

Since the P-Link button is within Breeze, I can't see what Precedence has to do with this and hence where the communication your refer to should be happening.

All P-Link does is calculating the pre-delay according to the distance (which Breeze gets through the wet/balance level)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:24 am
Since the P-Link button is within Breeze, I can't see what Precedence has to do with this and hence where the communication your refer to should be happening.

All P-Link does is calculating the pre-delay according to the distance (which Breeze gets through the wet/balance level)
Yep, I stand corrected, I obviously wrote some irritating BS.

you UTTER bastard

Cinebient wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:58 am
aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am
You still have to manually set them up.
If you turn on P-link in Breeze you have the first step. Now whatever mix/balance you set in Breeze, you should set the same amount in the distance parameter of Precedence to get (in theory) the best results.
Yes I know.

sqigls wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:20 am you UTTER bastard

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:06 am
jens wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:24 am

Yep, I stand corrected, I obviously wrote some irritating BS.
Not 'irritating', just a bit confusing because it had me scratching my head wondering whether there was a 'hidden' P LInk button there somewhere. The only P LInk button I knew about was the one in Breeze 2 but given the unlabeled and undocumented state of Precedence buttons I was doubting my understanding.

In the next update, in my wishlist "kill" option, for instant killing the long tail reverbs.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:28 pm In the next update, in my wishlist "kill" option, for instant killing the long tail reverbs.
Actually i edited and resaved (with modified names) some of the hall presets with decay times around 1.5 and 2.3 seconds. This way, Breeze works much better within orchestral setups, since it comes much closer to real halls.
(Musikverein Vienna & Philharmonie Berlin: 2 sec,
Royal Festival Hall London: 1.5 sec,
La Scala [Milan]: 1.7 sec,
Metropolitan Opera New York: 1.7-2 sec)

Arrested Developer wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:58 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:28 pm In the next update, in my wishlist "kill" option, for instant killing the long tail reverbs.
Actually i edited and resaved (with modified names) some of the hall presets with decay times around 1.5 and 2.3 seconds. This way, Breeze works much better within orchestral setups, since it comes much closer to real halls.
(Musikverein Vienna & Philharmonie Berlin: 2 sec,
Royal Festival Hall London: 1.5 sec,
La Scala [Milan]: 1.7 sec,
Metropolitan Opera New York: 1.7-2 sec)
Yes, I do that ’slightly modified preset saving’ all the time. But my point in the ’kiil’ option, which is implemented in many ’space reverbs’, is in possibility to write, edit and listen your reverbed audio. fast. There you need killing the reverb to save time.

a buffer clearing option?

For editing presets etc we do actually clear the buffer whenever you edit almost anything/everything on the GUI. (Which is why there are click-like sounds and the inability to do smooth automation). So for editing settings etc it seems like this should already do what you are requesting?

Or the request is for creative purposes such as rhythmic gating of the verb for dance/electronic music purposes or similar?

Return to “Effects”