Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Logix1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:24 pm i wanted to check if there is a 64 bit version for mac.. Good luck to the developers and make sure to add a link for donations when the plugin is ready.
there's a pretty nicely working 64bit vst+vst3+audiounit build out there, and an installer, too. check my signature.
please do let us know if you run into any issues.

The Mac link at https://kzantow.github.io/surge/ is not working. 404.
Last edited by teilo on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teilo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 pm The Mac link at https://kzantow.github.io/surge/ is not working. 404.
This is due to github having an outage - been going on for 1,5 hours now.
p.s. just tested, i don't get a 404.

you could PM me or join the surgesynth slack at https://join.slack.com/t/surgesynth/sha ... mNhYzQ3NTU

esaruoho wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 pm
teilo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 pm The Mac link at https://kzantow.github.io/surge/ is not working. 404.
This is due to github having an outage - been going on for 1,5 hours now.

you could PM me or join the surgesynth slack at https://join.slack.com/t/surgesynth/sha ... mNhYzQ3NTU
Are you sure that's the problem? Their status page reports everything is up, but the link on your page currently points to the /releases directory, not to a specific file. The Windows download is working fine.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:23 pm I have found one of the user presets I saved in that folder in documents but it doesn't show in Surge and I can't see any way to load it. I think different versions seem to be saving into different locations as well. The AU is saving somewhere else for example.
well, any of the github-based Surge builds (VST,VST3,AU) on macOS, save, and load from ~/Documents/Surge . but yeah, if you're using some older, v1.5 build, you might wanna copy the user-made presets into ~/Documents/Surge/<somefolder>.

hope this helps.

teilo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm Are you sure that's the problem? Their status page reports everything is up, but the link on your page currently points to the /releases directory, not to a specific file. The Windows download is working fine.
the /releases releases are outdated - this is being worked on.

the kzantow has 2019 builds from the original github repository, with many many fixes, compared to the /releases folder.

there's background work and lots of plumbing going on, moving kzantow's automated builders, into /releases - but this has not yet happened.

Wow, no one has taken this project up yet? I'd love the ability to import samples into this thing and make the gui larger and use regular knobs.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 pm Wow, no one has taken this project up yet? I'd love the ability to import samples into this thing and make the gui larger and use regular knobs.
Huh? Several people are working on it, there is already a resizable version and work on that is ongoing, and you can import user wavetables.

Nice, where is the resizable version? I installed a few hours ago from the link on this page and it wasn't resizable (vector or otherwise).
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

inkwarp wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:05 pm this is a great synth
i still use it a lot to this day...
interesting to see how it develops..
cool! do you have any feature requests? i think eventually, most of the outstanding bugs and already-requested features will go in, and then it would be really beneficial to have some viewpoints as to what kinds of features there could be in future versions.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:25 pm it looks almost like no one noticed it, and very few patches make use of both layers, not to mention the 12 LFOs per layer.
i haven't even gotten around to testing the scene a + scene b cos i'm still bowled over by all the modulation possibilities and am just perfectly happy with them and 3 OSCs :) will check bell pad out and see what else there is. this is a really rich and robust synth.
it is really rewarding to sit down and start using it.

Is it skin-able and to what extent?

TTU Youtube

inkwarp wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:37 pm it's very well laid out, more than any other vsti i can think off...
one that comes to my mind is NI Battery 1. the one-screen-only with no craziness they introduced in battery2+3+4 (tabs etc blah).. Battery 1 is still unbeatable. i would kill to have it for intel macOS.

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:37 pm Is it skin-able and to what extent?
There's a process to what they're doing..

1. Re-create the original skin as a vector skin, make it work
2. Enable zooming / increased sizes without loss

Then when all that is in place (and hopefully documentation, too) - it could in the future be re-skinned.

A lot of baby steps are being made and have been made for weeks on end, and a lot of patience is required still before it is all ready.

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 pm Nice, where is the resizable version? I installed a few hours ago from the link on this page and it wasn't resizable (vector or otherwise).
So far it's just the AU that is resizable, it's a process - these things take time and testing.

Return to “Instruments”