Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Pigments is capable of some very rich Pads, here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_tZqH9PRg

**Also Atmospheres

machinesworking wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 pm
rewthless wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:16 am Bought and as above - expired licence. -_-p
You get your license? They straitened it out over here.
Yeah - all is good! :tu:

I bought it! I had the same "expired license" issue but they straightened it out within a few hours of emailing them.

I can't wait for some 3rd-party presets, especially analogue-sounding ones. I like the analog oscillators but it seems like 90% of the included presets use wavetables and sound a bit digital. That's fine but I think this has the potential to make some great analog arpeggios and basses.

mmoncur wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 am

I can't wait for some 3rd-party presets, especially analogue-sounding ones. I like the analog oscillators but it seems like 90% of the included presets use wavetables and sound a bit digital. That's fine but I think this has the potential to make some great analog arpeggios and basses.
The analog oscillators are are good and can get some traditional, classic analog style sounds.
Being able to combine the oscillators types can also allow for some unique instruments.
Here is an example:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... a-pigments

I've trialed about any recent soft synth in existence and I've bought a few, but Pigments is the first one that really does it for me. The GUI + workflow is golden.

I have VPS Avenger which is technically more capable, but I've never liked the GUI/workflow so I rarely use it. When trialing Pigments it became very clear to me: I don't want a synth that can do it all, I want a synth with the perfect usability-capability balance.

Bought it.

(PS, other synths I own: Diva, Serum, Synthmaster, Dune, VPS Avenger - which already is overkill. I think I could live with Diva + Pigments only).

hevok wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 pm I've trialed about any recent soft synth in existence and I've bought a few, but Pigments is the first one that really does it for me. The GUI + workflow is golden.

I have VPS Avenger which is technically more capable, but I've never liked the GUI/workflow so I rarely use it. When trialing Pigments it became very clear to me: I don't want a synth that can do it all, I want a synth with the perfect usability-capability balance.

Bought it.

(PS, other synths I own: Diva, Serum, Synthmaster, Dune, VPS Avenger - which already is overkill. I think I could live with Diva + Pigments only).
Diva and Pigments would be a nice combo :tu:

I just installed pigments. Very cool and unique.

I was going through some of the presets, and the one called Shooting Stars has almost a D-50 Fantasia sound to it. Then later on I noticed in the comments for the preset they mention "remember LA synthesis".

:)
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatchAdamz wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 am
mmoncur wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 am

I can't wait for some 3rd-party presets, especially analogue-sounding ones.
The analog oscillators are are good and can get some traditional, classic analog style sounds.
Being able to combine the oscillators types can also allow for some unique instruments.
Here is an example:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... a-pigments
Great stuff!
Downloading now

I really really like this synth (really!) There's one little thing somewhat missing and that's a unison option when using the analog engine. I'm able to work around it by:

1. Using the wavetable engine which has unison (but it's not the analog engine which you may prefer).
2. Using the analog engine twice, pan one left;the other one right, configure the 6 oscillators to be slightly out of tune, and enable the chorus effect with 4 voices. I've compared this with a 16 voice Dune unison and it's pretty close.

Still, I would have been easier to just have a unison option in the analog engine. It may have been a CPU usage consideration though.

Nitpicking here: this synth is absolutely great.

Absolutely.

Here's another nickpick, No 'Rate' mode for glide.. Pretty basic stuff but it's not there.

I personally really like the layout.
At first, it takes a little getting used to.
Now it makes sense and seems very straight forward.

bill45 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:05 pm I just installed pigments. Very cool and unique.
Yes, It stands out as unique.

V 1.1.1
Bugfixes
Sequencer/Arpeggiator modulation value is now properly processed for the first step played
No more note-off events are received when loosing window focus in standalone

rsp
sound sculptist

alexishere wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:43 pm Here's another nickpick, No 'Rate' mode for glide.. Pretty basic stuff but it's not there.
You mean this?

If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Instruments”