The Rapid Composer User Guide Tutorial

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, this is a new Version of the Video User Guide. What's new is it's a different format and each section is now it's own video.

This is the first 11 videos out of the series. I suggest watching them in order as is. There is one that is not in the playlist, and so, it skips a number position. Each Video is numbered using the Roman Numeral system and since this is a playlist, it will be updated as needed.

I tried to teach the minor learning curve with Rapid Composer as a theoretical work flow session. So, I am "theoretically" adding to the phrase library through the series that I need for whatever project... However, the first few videos are more related to "gearing" up for the process..

So, hope this helps everyone.. and enjoy! ( Click the link ABOVE the video below to see the list of videos.)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... uGp7iqUdMY
Last edited by BluGenes on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wonderful! The first comprehensive video about RapidComposer!
Well done, thanks a lot, BluGenes! :tu:
Attila

Thank you! & Well done BluGenes! :tu:
only thing i would remove low end from the voice its too loud/bassy IMHO.

Excellent!
I'm working my way through this and already learned a load of things I never knew about RC. Very valuable - a masterclass.

Cheers.
Mike.

yellukhan wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 am Thank you! & Well done BluGenes! :tu:
only thing i would remove low end from the voice its too loud/bassy IMHO.
yea I agree.. This is just the first attempt. I rushed this through, but, I will post a newer better edited version in a few weeks. It's a new work flow process for me, but, I think I have it worked out.

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:29 am Excellent!
I'm working my way through this and already learned a load of things I never knew about RC. Very valuable - a masterclass.

Cheers.
Mike.
thanks! Unfortunately I did forget some things.. like, in the structure browser, you can drag and drop to re-arrange..

Really, it is impossible to present everything, I don't see that as a big problem...

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 pm Really, it is impossible to present everything, I don't see that as a big problem...
well, I did find other things wrong with it (the video).. like, just now, I figured how to use the reference browsers, i.e., the scales and chords browsers.. Didn't even think about right clicking and getting the playback options. So, now, I have a quick reference for those if I need to hear it..

in the video I declared them basically useless, for me.. I didn't actually say that, but, needs to be corrected. This thread is actually helpful for me for the feedback..

nice. will dig into these

Thanks BluGenes. I'm halfway through and already learned alot from your video.

BluGenes wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:09 pm
Unfortunately I did forget some things.. like, in the structure browser, you can drag and drop to re-arrange..
Was just about to ask about this, either here or in the YT comments…and here it is, wish granted:)
Really great to have the tutorial along with this forum topic, thanks again! And thank heavens it's NOT too short!

Blugenes

That is a remarkably good tutorial. Covered a lot of areas I was uncertain about and now I feel much better informed and ready to move forward with RapidComposer.

I hope you do indeed do some more videos, and I look forward to them.

Peter

Peter2017 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:38 pm Blugenes

That is a remarkably good tutorial. Covered a lot of areas I was uncertain about and now I feel much better informed and ready to move forward with RapidComposer.

I hope you do indeed do some more videos, and I look forward to them.

Peter
Ditto, big time!

Awesome to hear for sure!

Yea, decided it will be a high priority to make a better version. Kind of funny, because I watched it myself and actually had me tinkering even more and discovered even more cool stuff. I also uncovered some really old bugs as well to be reported. Stuff that will need to be corrected for the cool stuff I found too..

The next version will take more time and I won't be rushing to finish it. I more or less slapped this one together because it was something that was needed for so long. Just got tired of waiting, lol. I felt it had to be addressed..

So, the newer version will be broken up into individual videos based on the areas of the software. This way, I won't have to worry how long the overall video will be and allows me to showcase more stuff.
This also benefits you guys if you need to come back to something, so it would be easier to find the correct topic, etc.

I can't give a release date, just it will happen when I finish it..

This is really fantastic!
Would it be an idea to split the video into smaller chunks?
That way, if you want to update parts of the contents, you don't have to render and upload the whole video again, and I don't have to download the whole video again :)
Also, it would make it easier for people to navigate through the contents. As an example, if I want to revisit the part on phrases, I just open that video, rather than navigate through the big one..
Just my two cents 8)
But, again, a great video!
Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

Return to “Tips & Tricks”