Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

starla* wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 am...just hitting a midi note and stepping through the steps with left and right arrow...
That would be neat!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 amSo my question is , how come when I trigger the pack note by each individual tuple but ONe metro object ( last screenshot ) it plays poly , but when triggered by One metro it does not?
Greetings- I'm not completely sure of your question, but I assume it's "Why do I get a chord when I trigger [pack note] from the tuple, but not when I trigger [pack note] from the metronome?"

First off, it's not useful to think of [pack note] as either monophonic or polyphonic. Everything on an Architect Graph is processed sequentially; the three notes of your chord are processed one at a time, even though they're heard as parallel notes (ie a chord).

You can see the order of execution in Architect by clicking the "eye" icon above the Graph panel in the upper right corner. You should get a "Visual Options" drop-down menu. (See the Quick Start PDF for this.) Select "Event Destinations". You should see something like this now, with the blue circled numbers indicating "order of execution":

(You might note that this preset works the same as yours, where the tuples are aggregated into an [unpack tuple]. Much fewer connections this way, and less to go wrong.)

"Order of Execution" goes from top-to-bottom, and right-to-left in the Graph panel. (It's explained in more detail in the Quick Start PDF.)

So I imagine the trouble you're having relates to your [data] and [unpack] objects being at differing heights, which starts to matter when the activity signal from the [metronome] is going to two places for a single computation.

Look at the cable which triggers the [pack note] in my illustration. [pack note] is triggered when the tuple conversion is complete, and not at indiscriminate times by multiple objects higher in order of execution.

HTH
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

I don't believe there's a Panel component for the entry of float point numbers. I realize you can do a conversion "off-panel", but if you're dealing with parameters to a chaotic process, very small changes have dramatic results. There's likely to be lots of off-panel fiddling to get an appropriate range. Then the range might not be adequate for the entire range of the chaotic parameter, and the input has no direct bearing on the actual numeric values, making the translation from existing documentation of these equations difficult.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

An annoying gui lag bug slipped in ( be it trivial )
Widening the tracks in playmode has now become laggy , in song mode it is still smooth
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Don't know if the following is a bug or if it is supposed tobe have this way
I created a panel knob ( and additional pack controller etc ) controlling an external midi cc 74 ( works flawlesly ) but I want to use the automation lane .
Mapping the knob to the automation lane directly creates an overflow of notes , so something is creating an exhausting amount of midi data ..
Debugging the midi notes and controller data doesn't give anything unusual ...

If I assign the gui knob to a performance parameter and assign that one to the automation curve , it works as expected .
I know that the automation lane works in percentage , but still it should behave like expected when mappped directly to the gui knob
Here's the file , by default the panel knob is not assigned to the automation lane .
To recreate the bug , right click and assign to automation lane called 'hello '
Here's a sound example .
First buggie part (onscreen controller-->automation lane ) ,
followed by part , onscreen controller--->performance paramater--->automation

p.s. ..use midi out hardware
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging

A simple request if I may : Colin, would it be possible to amend the Quick Start guide's title as you amend it ? The same way you rename each new beta, from v0.93 to .94 etc...
I do like reading manuals, and Architect being so deep I want to keep track of any new info you could add to its documentation.
Thanks!
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:57 pm Don't know if the following is a bug or if it is supposed tobe have this way
I created a panel knob ( and additional pack controller etc ) controlling an external midi cc 74 ( works flawlesly ) but I want to use the automation lane .
Mapping the knob to the automation lane directly creates an overflow of notes , so something is creating an exhausting amount of midi data ..
Debugging the midi notes and controller data doesn't give anything unusual ...

If I assign the gui knob to a performance parameter and assign that one to the automation curve , it works as expected .
I know that the automation lane works in percentage , but still it should behave like expected when mappped directly to the gui knob
Here's the file , by default the panel knob is not assigned to the automation lane .
To recreate the bug , right click and assign to automation lane called 'hello '
Here's a sound example .
First buggie part (onscreen controller-->automation lane ) ,
followed by part , onscreen controller--->performance paramater--->automation

p.s. ..use midi out hardware
I think I nailed the issue , when assigning a gui parameter directly to an automation , and the automation goes from 127 to 0 , every step/value is scanned 147 times :o
When gui knob is assigned to performance and that one is assigned to auto;ation , the scanning is 12 times per step .
No wonder my hardware almost exploded :D

So , colin Bug or not
Eyeball exchanging

Hey Colin:
not sure if I missed something here, but is there a shortcut to go one level up from within a macro?
If not, may I suggest "u" (for "up") - that's what Houdini uses and it makes navigation really quick.

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

I was wondering if Architect will replace Bidule.
Would one run Bidule inside Architect or Architect inside Bidule?

Is it typically run VST instruments and VST fx inside Architect?
One would use Architect only if Architect has some unique midi modules that one needs for a project?
I will likely only use existing patches and then edit them if need be. Is this still a viable app for me?
I do like working with midi!

I am still contemplating getting Architect before the price goes up.
Will there be a warning announcement of the end of Intro pricing?

Well you could run bidule vst inside architect an load architect vst again in bidule vst etcc.. :clown:
Whatever suits you ,
No architect will not replace bidule , architect is much more streamlined when it comes to midi , bidule oth has better audio capabilities , spectral processing etc...

Bidule/ reaktor --->in audiomulch ,now that's a trio :tu: ..too bad audiomucl is only 32 bit ( for now )
I'm perfectly happy runnin architect standalone for the time being
Eyeball exchanging

How many patches will be included it the release and will Colin add more and the users add more?
Is there a list even a partial list of patches?
How about a list of modules if that is what they are called in Architect?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 am How many patches will be included it the release and will Colin add more and the users add more?
Right now it's in beta and there aren't any examples (other than what the users built so far in this and the other thread) and only limited documentation since Colin wanted to first make sure the software is solid.
But he wrote before that he has a lot of examples done already during development and I'm sure the user library will come and grow rather quickly too.

But since you describe yourself as somebody who will mostly depend on the prebuilt included stuff, I'd recommend to wait until it's fully done. Colin said he'll give ample warning before the presale runs out.

For now, download the beta/demo and see (or count ;-) ) yourself. The demo's not running out and the main limitation is, that you can save but not load your own projects. Check out the quick intro docs and see if the whole idea appeals to you at all.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

cturner wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:25 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 amSo my question is , how come when I trigger the pack note by each individual tuple but ONe metro object ( last screenshot ) it plays poly , but when triggered by One metro it does not?
Greetings- I'm not completely sure of your question, but I assume it's "Why do I get a chord when I trigger [pack note] from the tuple, but not when I trigger [pack note] from the metronome?"

First off, it's not useful to think of [pack note] as either monophonic or polyphonic. Everything on an Architect Graph is processed sequentially; the three notes of your chord are processed one at a time, even though they're heard as parallel notes (ie a chord).

You can see the order of execution in Architect by clicking the "eye" icon above the Graph panel in the upper right corner. You should get a "Visual Options" drop-down menu. (See the Quick Start PDF for this.) Select "Event Destinations". You should see something like this now, with the blue circled numbers indicating "order of execution":

(You might note that this preset works the same as yours, where the tuples are aggregated into an [unpack tuple]. Much fewer connections this way, and less to go wrong.)

"Order of Execution" goes from top-to-bottom, and right-to-left in the Graph panel. (It's explained in more detail in the Quick Start PDF.)

So I imagine the trouble you're having relates to your [data] and [unpack] objects being at differing heights, which starts to matter when the activity signal from the [metronome] is going to two places for a single computation.

Look at the cable which triggers the [pack note] in my illustration. [pack note] is triggered when the tuple conversion is complete, and not at indiscriminate times by multiple objects higher in order of execution.

HTH
Here some arrays are used , triggered by 2 keys , switching between a minor chord on midi channels 1,2,5, channel and a major chord on channels 6,7,9, .
Pretty ace :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 am How many patches will be included it the release and will Colin add more and the users add more?
Right now it's in beta and there aren't any examples (other than what the users built so far in this and the other thread) and only limited documentation since Colin wanted to first make sure the software is solid.
But he wrote before that he has a lot of examples done already during development and I'm sure the user library will come and grow rather quickly too.

But since you describe yourself as somebody who will mostly depend on the prebuilt included stuff, I'd recommend to wait until it's fully done. Colin said he'll give ample warning before the presale runs out.

For now, download the beta/demo and see (or count ;-) ) yourself. The demo's not running out and the main limitation is, that you can save but not load your own projects. Check out the quick intro docs and see if the whole idea appeals to you at all.

Cheers,

Tom
I like working with midi live as midi fx and editing recorded midi data.
Would be great if there was a comprehensive fully editable midi list editor.
Will also be great if I could get a glimpse of the included patches before the end of the intro sale.

Right now building a music PC and so have no music computer to try out Architect.
For what I have seen so far looks like 90% likely I will get Architect. :party:

Some help appreciated here ,
Routed the gate out of mono step into the call input of a makenote .
When it receives a false argument ( no gate ) , it is still being triggered.
So how can we prevent the false argument from calling the note object ?

Solved , data brach .. :D
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”