Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

0.9.5 beta is available here

- (fix) Fix crash that could occur after deleting modules.
- (fix) Fix crash that could occur when starting Architect with certain audio drivers.
- (fix) Fix UI freeze on Windows that could occur when the mouse hovers over an automation curve node and shows a tooltip.
- (improvement) Module error symbols are now automatically removed when a meaningful change occurs to the graph.
- (improvement) MIDI events will still continue to propagate even after an upstream error.
- (improvement: plug-in) UI state is now persisted and restored when the UI is reopened.
- (fix) Aux step sequencer parameters can now be mapped to controllers.
- (fix) Grid step sequencer velocity and gate rows can now be mapped to controllers.
- (fix) Removed memory leak that can occur after streaming audio to the audio pool.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

As an aside, I will be travelling for the next two days so won't be as active on the forums. I'll deal with feature requests, etc, upon my return. Email support will be as normal. Thanks, and happy building!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Well if you intended to add a tracker style interface module ( remember :) , then the use of a pc keyboard is a must
Tracker for life !!!!

And keep up the good work :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:08 pm
Soman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:00 pm Hallo, Colin! Is there still no option to buy Architect as a business owner with vat id? Could you provide us the E-Mail of the fastspring customer service so we can talk to them?
Hi yes, sorry, I thought I mentioned before. The Fastspring support chap (who, coincidentally, was a music producer and was aware of Architect.) mentioned that the VAT ID dialog appears at the end of the checkout.
Hmm, I tried the Paypal checkout just today but I saw not vat id dialog.

Asking anyone for crit; whether this can be made more elegant? Still stumbling around with Architect, and could very well not be thinking sharply about programming with it.

Here's a homemade [metronome] object. Not very interesting at the moment:

Blue area is an embellishment for [on every tick]. The [on play]. [on stop] stuff is intended to limit the number of objects doing work when the transport isn't going.

Red area is a data store that gets incremented on every tick when the transport is running. No coding to deal with overflow. What happens when I reach MAX_INT? (Is that a 32 or 64 bit limit?)

Yellow area sets the metronome to a time interval, here 3840 ticks or 1 bar at 120bpm. I'm using [is nth tick] as an abbreviation for a [modulo]/[branch] combo. Any better way to send a signal out at a specified tick interval?

Thanks!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:54 pm
cturner wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 pm EDIT: I think the transport needs to be running to use [is nth tick].
That's right. Maybe I should make the module icons reflect that?
I haven't gotten to the point where I know what the module icons mean! But it sounds like a cool thing to do when you have time. Thanks!

Soman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 pm
colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:08 pm
Soman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:00 pm Hallo, Colin! Is there still no option to buy Architect as a business owner with vat id? Could you provide us the E-Mail of the fastspring customer service so we can talk to them?
Hi yes, sorry, I thought I mentioned before. The Fastspring support chap (who, coincidentally, was a music producer and was aware of Architect.) mentioned that the VAT ID dialog appears at the end of the checkout.
Hmm, I tried the Paypal checkout just today but I saw not vat id dialog.
I also didn't find it at first. It's hidden up there with the voucher code and the sum on the page after the one where I'd have expected it, where you enter your other credentials.
It's definitely there, I paid using my VAT ID (credit card though).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Soman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 pm Hmm, I tried the Paypal checkout just today but I saw not vat id dialog.
Let me know if you can't find it and I'll follow up with Fastspring in a couple of days, when I'm back from my travels.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:58 pmI have to say that I find all the data handling quite awkward with nodes, I never got comfortable with that in Reaktor Core...
Having explicit static memory goes a long way toward easing the expression of procedural concepts in Architect, and separates it a bunch from the Forth-ish, Data Flow-ish mind sets of Max and Reaktor. Same goes for objects like [for].

Architect supports subfolders for both presets and fragments, so you could create template folder just for often-used expressions, such as a [for] loop with the three [data] objects already connected, etc.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 pm 0.9.5 beta is available here
Hi Colin, unfortunately the standalone didn't show up on Linux Mint 18.3 64 bits.
The error on the console is the following:

./Architect: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Worked perfectly on the previous versions. Let me know if I can help debugging.

Alberto

Argh, not sure why it's added curl as a dependency as I certainly don't use it. OK, if you're having issues, stick with 0.9.4 and I'll do a curl-less build when I'm back in a couple of days.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:33 pm Argh, not sure why it's added curl as a dependency as I certainly don't use it. OK, if you're having issues, stick with 0.9.4 and I'll do a curl-less build when I'm back in a couple of days.
No problems, thanks!

Can multiple sequencers be made visible simultaneously?

A request to be able to click any step directly on the numbers above and change note in semi tone with up and down arrow and in octaves with shift + up and down arrow or just hitting a midi note and stepping through the steps with left and right arrow.

Unquantized recording. Guess that will be very difficult to do.

I'm a bit confused here
If I unpack 3 tuples into a pack note object and trigger it by a metro , only One note is heard , so we can state that the pack note is monophonic >
But if I assign my pc keys to different pitcces ( velocity ,channel and note length are shared by One tuple ) , I can play the pc keyboard polyphonically , all from 1 pack note object .
Also , triggering 3 differnet tuples
If I trigger 3 tuples by one metro object , and the shared pack note is triggered by each individual tuple , the result is also polyphonic , but If the pack note is triggered by One metro object , the result is polyphonic
So my question is , how come when I trigger the pack note by each individual tuple but ONe metro object ( last screenshot ) it plays poly , but when triggered by One metro it does not
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Loomer”