Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

The update released today is a must, get it...

Looks like problems on the Arturia servers. Software Center not connecting.

SHall1000 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:32 pm Looks like problems on the Arturia servers. Software Center not connecting.
Had some problems yesterday, too. Had to wait some minutes during synchronization stage then it continued.

No email notification.

Musical Gym wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:12 pm No email notification.
Not yet, but you will probably receive an e-mail next week.
Fernando (FMR)

thanks, got it and installed

I finally got around the demoing this.

One of the few synths that I can immediately pick out the sweet spots.

Pigments excels at aggressive, hard, digital sounds. Pads aren't bad either. Analog leads, like Classic and the like, are weak. They leave me kind of cold. They're missing the warmth and fatness of something like The Legend or Diva. But those aggressive sounds, wow.

I will be picking this one up because what it does well, it does VERY well. In fact, it may become my go to synth for when I want to get something that sounds really nasty.

Good going Arturia. I think you have a winner here.

I demoed it on three separate occasions (that is download, install, play with it for a day or so, then uninstall)
and eventually bought it, but if I had to be honest it was mainly because of the GUI, GAS and a few patches which were outstanding which I bought it, and the price was great too.

Whilst demoing it, it reminded me a bit as if Cypher 2 and Serum had a baby....but having owned the license for it for about two weeks now and playing with it almost daily.... I don't think the sound is alive and as 3D as Cypher 2 at all.

Maybe like fxpansion Synth Squad many years ago I would start loving the sound more as more third party banks become available for it.

rsp
sound sculptist

Pigments + Albion Tundra :
01 - Arturia - Pigments - Pad Planant (User)
02 Spitfire Audio - Albion Tundra - Strings High - Super Tasto Short
03 - Spitfire Audio - Albion Tundra - Strings Low - Flautando CS Long

https://soundcloud.com/user-919732565/the-lost-steps

thanks. so what is the concensus? is pigments worth the sale price? I am still on fence.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

8)
Last edited by goldenanalog on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

:D 8)
Last edited by goldenanalog on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:47 pm I finally got around the demoing this.

One of the few synths that I can immediately pick out the sweet spots.

Pigments excels at aggressive, hard, digital sounds. Pads aren't bad either. Analog leads, like Classic and the like, are weak. They leave me kind of cold. They're missing the warmth and fatness of something like The Legend or Diva. But those aggressive sounds, wow.

I will be picking this one up because what it does well, it does VERY well. In fact, it may become my go to synth for when I want to get something that sounds really nasty.

Good going Arturia. I think you have a winner here.
I think you nailed it. I would mention the filters are thick and the oscillators are thin, the modulation is fantastic. It's not going to beat Diva for analog thickness but it's outstanding as a pad, evolving motion filter and wavetable monster.

The GUI is perfect for touch screens, that's another reason I just bought it.

Arturia hosed my purchase though, they added another expired license to my account both on their website and to the Arturia Software Center application. So much for these stupid programs on your computer making activation and licensing of your software seamless. :smack: :tantrum:

Bought and as above - expired licence. -_-p

rewthless wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:16 am Bought and as above - expired licence. -_-p
I guess the only thing good about that is it’s not going to be some large back and forth if their system hosed multiple people.

Return to “Instruments”