Does sugarbytes ever upgrade or add features to existing software?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A little bit of time on their end for PR would go a long way. See Air as the horrible example.

I bought Turnado in the Christmas sales. Great plugin, of course, but I guess it's in retirement? Perhaps they could at least add a final gain control and optional hard or soft clipping on the output?

It is almost like their plugins go into retirement after release. Ha! Hopefully not true as I absolutely love their stuff! Thesys, Aparillo, Factory, and Turnado are used heavily while most of the others have their uses as well!

Yea its very disappointing. Been waiting for an Electrix update for years, mainly to see an gui updated to modern standards, resizable etc

I wonder at times if the whole company will go into retirement.

I E-mailed Nadine a link to this thread and pointed out that it might be beneficial for someone at Sugar-Bytes to respond. That was on Thursday...

Hi folks,

actually we do quite a lot of (free) maintance and bugfix updates. We also have introduced new technologies like NKS. But you are also right, we don't do a lot of real feature updates. That's often because we then would rather do a complete new product. We are still a rather small company and therefore need to constantly make new products. That's also the reason why we are not so much around here. But we will think about your comments and we'll try to improve our presence here.

Btw. right now we are working on the ability to resize our GUI's, this feature will be put into most of our products very soon.

Best,
Nadine

Thanks for getting back to us. Sometimes people would like only a few select improvements to a product that could be released as a v2.0 alongside the original. There is no need to introduce a radically new version of Turnado, for example. Just a small list of changes could bring a great improvement -- you can then start marketing the product again and generate new sales.

Klanghelm update their products to version v2, whilst letting you keep v1 as well, which means there's no need to worry about compatibility with old projects and automation values etc.. I think this is a good strategy for end users (but I admit, Sugar Bytes has many more products to deal with than Klanghelm).

Thanks for the response Nadine! GUI updates would be amazing! Especially for thesys!

Cheers!

I would like to see some fair bundle upgrades...

When people get the bundle now, they get maybe 50% more synths than when I got the bundle - for the same price...

If I would like to upgrade my bundle, it would cost me more than half of the actualy bundle... Like this, I will never upgrade... why should I?

Please fix the bundle upgrade prices... $99 sounds like a fair upgrade price.. not $200+++...

Think of it this way...
$99 to upgrade the bundle = 3 people upgrading ----=>$300 for you
$200 to upgrade the bundle= 0 people upgrading----=>$0 for you...

think about it ;)

thanks for all and have a great 2019 =)

Sugar Bytes wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:20 am ...Btw. right now we are working on the ability to resize our GUI's, this feature will be put into most of our products very soon...
Egoist? If so, i would buy it (working with Laptop / 1366x768).

geoslake wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:14 pm Still waiting for a new Effectrix version with modern gui (seems they dont care for vectors, but at least give us a (bitmap then) size choice pleaaaase !!!!!!!
You mean looperator?

AndreasH wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 am
Sugar Bytes wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:20 am ...Btw. right now we are working on the ability to resize our GUI's, this feature will be put into most of our products very soon...
Egoist? If so, i would buy it (working with Laptop / 1366x768).
And separate audio outs, please

Separate audio outs ? +100 !

Separate audio outs AND a resizeable GUI would have me using Egoist A LOT more than I do right now....sure I'm not alone.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Sugar Bytes”