Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

softska wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:29 am
Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 pm It will be iOS only......
They also better work on bug fixes. The latest Logic is the most unstable i ever had. Some plug-ins succeed to kill the whole audio engine since the last update until i force Logic to close, doh´.
I guess a new 5000 dollar macbook pro will solve the bugs :D
Curious which one? Had never been more stable since v9 with everything I tried with, besides UBK-1 and a few odd old stuff from Plugin Alliance.
The latest 10.4.3. I love Logic but this version is no fun to use. Maybe some plug-ins are the flaws but it‘s much worse since the latest version.

I just hope to see better browser and samples manipulation and managemant in next version, hopefully 10.5 :).
Current browser is slowest and most limited of all major DAWs and exs24 is archaic piece of code, it works but it's inconvenient for quick sampling for one shots.
Apple, please check Live's Simpler, Cubase's Sampler track or Studio One's Sample One XT and give us something similar.

Nimrod7 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:17 am Why it matters?
Every dot release is like a major (and payed) update to other companies.

Logic introduced in 10.4 Smart Tempo, ChromaVerb, StepFX, PhatFX, Vintage EQs, Studio Strings, Studio Horns, 2 new Drummers, Articulations, 800 new loops and 18 filters in Retro Synth.

What more would you expect in 11? :?
Much better midi management. Alchemy 3, Sculpture 2, ES3, EXS24 2, all GUIs updated.
I indeed think they slowly prepare for Logic multi-touch screen when i look at the new GUIs.
But then i‘m not so sure in general if Apple is much interested in the pro app line anymore.
The shareholders don‘t care about Logic.

I think they need to throw some of their native instruments. I don't think lot of people use all the ES synths.. maybe es2.
My point is, the software feels bloated at some areas and outdated, and they must do something about it before version 11.

alonl6 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:30 am I think they need to throw some of their native instruments. I don't think lot of people use all the ES synths.. maybe es2.
My point is, the software feels bloated at some areas and outdated, and they must do something about it before version 11.
I like the ES instruments. But so far i also have a lot stuck midi notes and other trouble.
This version sucks.

Nimrod7 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:17 am Why it matters?
Every dot release is like a major (and payed) update to other companies.

Logic introduced in 10.4 Smart Tempo, ChromaVerb, StepFX, PhatFX, Vintage EQs, Studio Strings, Studio Horns, 2 new Drummers, Articulations, 800 new loops and 18 filters in Retro Synth.

What more would you expect in 11? :?
Good point! The only thing I would like to see is (and tell me if I’m missing something because I just bought Logic Pro) Garage Band’s Drum Sequencer incorporated. You can change sequencer lane lengths, probability, repeats...I kind of miss that. I have it now where I’ll program beats on my iPad, and use Hand Off to open in in LPX

minimum requirement will be a 5 000 $ mac pro.

dupont wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:31 pm minimum requirement will be a 5 000 $ mac pro.
Dream on if you think you would get the next mac pro for "just" 5000. It might be more 10000

My guess would be some abletonesque loop launcher. It's in garageband (live loops) so I can't see why this wouldn't be in there. Anyway I have some much stuff in this version. I'm good for a while.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

I guess 10.5 will bring updated GUI for old plugins, plugin browser with Drag and Drop, Sampler Track and updated EXS 24 and Ultra Beat. If they follow previous years we should see it by next week.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 am
softska wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:29 am
Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 pm It will be iOS only......
They also better work on bug fixes. The latest Logic is the most unstable i ever had. Some plug-ins succeed to kill the whole audio engine since the last update until i force Logic to close, doh´.
I guess a new 5000 dollar macbook pro will solve the bugs :D
Curious which one? Had never been more stable since v9 with everything I tried with, besides UBK-1 and a few odd old stuff from Plugin Alliance.
The latest 10.4.3. I love Logic but this version is no fun to use. Maybe some plug-ins are the flaws but it‘s much worse since the latest version.
I also find the last 3 versions to be the most unstable plugin host of all DAWs I've used (Live, Reaper, Reason, AudioMulch, Audition, Tracktion) - especially ironic since Apple invented the AU standard! Also, PDC needs work - I often get phasing on busses with FX bypassed, and Logic does not correctly compensate for plugins with thousands of milliseconds of latency.

Has anyone ever leaked the names of external contractors who make content for Logic Pro? There's just so much stuff that comes with Logic and yet the never credit anybody.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

ZIS IS APPLE! VE DON'T LEAK HERE!!!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

They still need to fix basic midi things like manual CC assignment, inter-plugin midi routing and controller selection per track.

There's a lot of things they need to fix. So far, I haven't had any showstoppers.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”