When I press play on FL Studio, ABJ2 vst volume resets to 0. Help!

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ABJ III

I have no idea what's wrong, there is no automation track or anything like that, but I can create an empty project and open ABJ2 in it, and as soon as I press play twice, the ABJ2 vst volume goes to zero. I really need help because I can't record with it like this and I'd have to fix it every time I need to hear the music over again. I've seen this issue as well in something called "ElectraX". I don't know if there's some correlation, but the problem is very similar, so someone please help!! :(

In the browser, check "current project -> patterns -> initialised controls" to see if you have an initial value set for the control in question. If there is one, just select it and hit delete (or right-click, etc).

Basically whenever you touch a control while recording is active (or if you explicitly "init song with this position" or I guess even if you create an automation track), FL will store the initial value there and reset the control back at the start of the song. This is usually what you want when doing automation, but even if you later remove all the automation events/tracks, the initial value normally stays and you need to clean it up separately.

If you want it to automatically reset to another value instead, then touch the control, then right-click the "multi-link controllers" button on the toolbar to get an automation menu for it and pick "init song with this position" to change the initial value.
Last edited by mystran on Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

You can prevent initialised controls from being added in the general options under Advanced in FL Studio (Don't initialize controls automatically). I personally would strongly recommend enabling this option.

mystran wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:16 am In the browser, check "current project -> patterns -> initialised controls" to see if you have an initial value set for the control in question. If there is one, just select it and hit delete (or right-click, etc).

Basically whenever you touch a control while recording is active (or if you explicitly "init song with this position" or I guess even if you create an automation track), FL will store the initial value there and reset the control back at the start of the song. This is usually what you want when doing automation, but even if you later remove all the automation events/tracks, the initial value normally stays and you need to clean it up separately.

If you want it to automatically reset to another value instead, then touch the control, then right-click the "multi-link controllers" button on the toolbar to get an automation menu for it and pick "init song with this position" to change the initial value.
Thanks for responding :) However this will not work because:
1. There are no patterns at all in that section to delete.
2. I can't edit the controller to stay where I want it because it's a VST Plugin, and FL Studio doesn't let you edit them.
3. The master volume of the plugin is not linked to any kind of control on FL Studio that is user accessible.

sjm wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 am You can prevent initialised controls from being added in the general options under Advanced in FL Studio (Don't initialize controls automatically). I personally would strongly recommend enabling this option.
Thank you for your reply :)
However this isn't working either. The same thing happens when I turn this option on, even after I reloaded the plugin.

Alright guys, I don't have a solution for the problem, but I now know how to avoid it! I have no idea why, but this problem only happens on the 64 bit version for me, so all I have to do is set the 32 bit only option for that plugin and boom, fixed! I'm not sure if there are any side effects to avoiding it this way, but as long as nothing worse happens, I'm happy!
In the meanwhile, someone should still look into what's going on in the 64 bit version.

Return to “Ample Sound”