FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Richard deHove wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:38 pm Current sale is the best I've seen from FF. Cheers to them for giving an extra discount for multiple plugin owners 8)
+1

Got me to get it...

Alright, the extra holiday discount did its job. I ate my previous words and upgraded.

Yes, it's nice. :)

Same!

Merry Christmas all :party:

Damn, now I'm tempted to get Pro-R too. I must resist!

Gotta get in to get out.

I can get the Pro-3 upgrade for $46, but have resisted due to the lack of sidechaining. How are people getting along with the update?

Like music stopped producing itself because there is no sidechain..

5Lives wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:54 am I can get the Pro-3 upgrade for $46, but have resisted due to the lack of sidechaining. How are people getting along with the update?
One of my tops EQs now, been doing a side by side comparison and it stands tall.
With the new dynamic comp, its even more powerful.

FabFilter told me yesterday that the external sidechain for Pro-Q 3 is coming for sure in an update.

Unfortunately not by the end of this year.

Re: External Sidechain...

Reaper users will roll their eyes and say meh, I can already do this with any plugin
Bitwig users (2.? and up) ditto, because they now have an audio sidechain modulator

For (almost?) everyone else, waiting sucks, right? :P

neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm Re: External Sidechain...

Reaper users will roll their eyes and say meh, I can already do this with any plugin
Bitwig users (2.? and up) ditto, because they now have an audio sidechain modulator

For (almost?) everyone else, waiting sucks, right? :P
There was an attempt to be a smartass :roll:

I wonder how you will link your sidechain to a single EQ band in ProQ3.

Reefius wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:58 pm I wonder how you will link your sidechain to a single EQ band in ProQ3.
Not quite sure what you mean?

Right now, I can take audio from any track, route it to either the audio sidechain modulator (Bitwig), or audio parameter modulation (Reaper), and modulate any parameter(s) of any plugin.

And yes, I was being a smartass (definitely not an attempt ;) ) - but my point is that this is already doable in certain DAW's, regardless if the plugin supports side-chaining or not.

But why would anyone want to do it that way? The beauty of ProQ3 is the quick and easy workflow, which would be completely ruined by your method.

Following your logic, there's no need for ProQ3 at all, as you can achieve the same with your DAW's EQ.

Reefius wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:29 pm But why would anyone want to do it that way? The beauty of ProQ3 is the quick and easy workflow, which would be completely ruined by your method.

Following your logic, there's no need for ProQ3 at all, as you can achieve the same with your DAW's EQ.
Not at all - I will use FF's native sidechaining /when/ it's available. But right now, I can do it anyway, even if there are additional steps to make it work (almost reduced to just a preset selection in Bitwig. Reaper is definitely more work).

Functionally, it's exactly the same, except that I can control more than one band at a time should I need to.

I said no more plugins this year, but at £35 I couldn't resist!
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Effects”