Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very nice :tu:

Thanks no they are Hofa basstraps
The moment you think you are better than music you are finished!

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:14 pm ^
Nice

Are those giant spring reverb tanks on either side of you!
giant cotton bobbins :hihi:

all those keys :o
you only need one!
key, not keyboard obvs.

SomeCallMeFamous wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:18 pm Thanks no they are Hofa basstraps
I was only jokin :wink:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

It would take you 20 minutes just to remove all the dust covers every time you wanted to do something, wouldn't it? Or do you have people for that?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

:idea: that's it! that's what's missing. after the Rack Spacer, a Dust Cover Emulation VST. you'd put it in front of all your instruments, and unless the cover would be Off, note input would be blocked. genuine warm analog hardware experience guaranteed. make your software last longer!

I already included that in my Nitrous synths.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Although I posted the addition of the One in another thread, I thought I'd show the current set of keys. I have added a Boog and Minibrute 2S to the equation.

I missed the Modular discussion so wanted to add my 2 cents. There are LOTS of reasons to do modular. But, beyond just sounding awesome, I find patching the modular for a few hours on the weekends lets me relax. I'm a very hyper person. To me it's like golf or scuba diving. There's just something about it that forces your brain to focus and shut down all the external crap. Call it music (or anti-music) therapy or something. It's just a bonus that you can get some awesome sounds. From a musical perspective, sure you can get Berlin school etc.. in the box. But working outside the box is far more interesting to me.

The worst part is I'm really a guitar guy. I hate to think what this would look like if I was a keyboard dude. :hihi:

Anyhow, my current modular setup looks like this ...

Some other external keys ...

And the best thing since sliced bread ....

And my version of studio cats
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

^^^^ You have the One :drool:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Wow. Very nice setup SJ_Digriz (and cute dogs) :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:05 pm Wow. Very nice setup SJ_Digriz (and cute dogs) :)
They hate the modular experience more than Bones.:lol: They literally flee when resonance modulation starts up. But, will listen to bog standard poorly played blues licks while laying in front of a guitar cab all day.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:03 pm ^^^^ You have the One :drool:
It's freakin awesome by the way. The haters can hate all they want. It's incredible to play. It has taken a bit to get used to how to properly get "sounds" out of it though. But, now that I have the main idiosyncrasies figured out, I'm starting to be able to take advantage of the interface.

Although I spend almost all of my free time on the One these days, I have spent a little time with the MB-S2. It was a gift .. a really good one for a change :hihi: It's a really great sounding, extremely versatile mono-synth with a great sequencer. Maybe I'm missing some discussions somewhere, but it seems to me this is criminally overlooked. Or, it may be that there are just too many great options these days. Anyhow, I really like it.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:33 pm It's freakin awesome by the way. The haters can hate all they want. It's incredible to play. It has taken a bit to get used to how to properly get "sounds" out of it though. But, now that I have the main idiosyncrasies figured out, I'm starting to be able to take advantage of the interface.
Do you have the 8 or 16 voice? I'm sure it sounds absolutely divine. As much as I'd love one I know I just wouldn't do it justice.
SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:33 pmAlthough I spend almost all of my free time on the One these days, I have spent a little time with the MB-S2. It was a gift .. a really good one for a change :hihi: It's a really great sounding, extremely versatile mono-synth with a great sequencer. Maybe I'm missing some discussions somewhere, but it seems to me this is criminally overlooked. Or, it may be that there are just too many great options these days. Anyhow, I really like it.
I continuously hear great things about this but the issue is, like you say, that there's too many options out there.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:37 pmDo you have the 8 or 16 voice? I'm sure it sounds absolutely divine. As much as I'd love one I know I just wouldn't do it justice.
16. If I was going to spend a stupid amount of money, I was going in all the way. I spent all that money so I could make mono bass presets like this :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/jmcecil/chewy-bass
I continuously hear great things about this but the issue is, like you say, that there's too many options out there.
I hope to spend some time on the patching for it over the holidays. Just from a base sound standpoint it has a great voice. I'll bet it can do all kinds of crazy stuff via the patch bay though.

Good timing... I just finished refurbishing a vintage Tascam M-312B mixer I picked up at a pawn shop last year. A couple of days ago, I finally got it all hooked up to the studio. So now it looks like this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”