Anything particular you want to see from BFD3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Wow - great to find this thread.

Like others have mentioned, it would be great to see the groove selection song building much easier (no pun intended!)

Also, it would great to take the complexity idea from something like Groove Agent 5 and a simplified version of something like Jamstix to make drum performances a little more lively/unique.

A fully resizeable high DPI GUI would be welcome too.

Enhanced edrums (improving hi hat response) and mapping procedure. Would love to see the graphic of a kit vs a piano roll and easily place samples on visual representations of pads.

More important than all of this though is for FXpansion to look alive on your own website. People go to the forums/social media to see what is going and honestly I thought you guys were shutting down BFD at some point, because it has been crickets. I really think it would go a long way to do some type of state of the union/sign of life.

As far as videos, a tips and tricks on using BFD with a new version of a DAW like Cubase 10 would great to show how to use Groove Agent 5 grooves and other built in MIDI with BFD3. I think users would like that.

As a Cubase guy, it would be great if FXPansion would publish Drum Maps and DAW presets to really help get people off and running.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

I'm looking forward to the next BFD version.............but don't kill off BFD3 and put a time limit on when we can upgrade :hihi:

LoopyFruit wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 pm I'm looking forward to the next BFD version.............but don't kill off BFD3 and put a time limit on when we can upgrade :hihi:
Ha! I don't think we'll be doing that. You can still upgrade from BFD2 to BFD3, and we discontinued BFD2 ages ago! :tu:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I was just thinking, if BFD3 (4?) could implement some sort of algorithmic drum parts/fills, especially if on the fly, rather than just preprogrammed midi parts (similar to what Jamstix does) or some sort of realism check (making sure my written/edited midi parts could actually be played by a real drummer, again something Jamstix can do) that would really set it apart from the competition and have everything I want from drums in one VST.

bump. Any more for any more?
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Hi everyone,

We're finally happy to bring you BFD3.3 as a public beta. You can find this in your downloads area. We have introduced:

- Vertical Resizing
- Macro controls
- Additional preset and groove content

Vertical resizing works in much the same way as the horizontal resizing.

The macro controls are detailed in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF8i7n9qwEA

Please let us know in this thread about any crashes, bugs, or other issues that you run in. Any feedback is appreciated!

Hi.
this is not so much an issue per se but it's an issue for me. Host Automation:

I automate a number of things, although not insanely.
What's reported to VE Pro is the default channel names. IE: in BFD3 the plugin, once I have established kit pieces, the Host Auto names agree with the slot naming in the mixer. In the VE Pro automation mapping however, it's just seeing the default names as applied, via the default map {BFD 3.0.bfd3auto} to the mixer
(eg: <FixedString name="Path" string="Mixer.KP01Mix.Pan" />
<FixedString name="Name" string="Ch(Snare) Pan" />).
I used to edit this file to get just the channel number instead for my usage.

So as a feature request (and as redundancy since I'll make this elsewhere) it would be swell to get an alternate map. For example: automating these new Macro knobs, I'm using slots 22 and 23 for Macros 1 and 2 so far, which is Snare Pan and HiHat pan in my Automation Map. So should I do this extensively, I'll be creating a longer and longer 'Notes' to show the differences between what BFD3 has and the Automation list I'll be using. BFD3 Host Auto slots 22 & 23 are slots 92 & 93 in my template numbering as it is, so...

I don't know what other people do but everybody who uses it in VE Pro is going to run into this when they stray from the default, and the preset in that video is far outside the default. So while this may be just me, it's something I noticed once I started automating a BFD mix back at the outset of BFD3 (the host automation worked a little differently with BFD2 iirc; it seems like it was the abstract names I want, though I'm not 100% on that). I could create a new default if that's still going to show, it used to. But that's a tedious bit of work.

TL;DR, a picture

Note the lower part of the image; the Host 22 & 23 at left = Parameter 92 & 93 at right, for instance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

difference due to:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great to see Fxpansion working on improving my favourite drum plugin.

One more BFD3 FR: global input trim. You can adjust the gain at the individual kit piece level, and there's a global output gain, but I'd rather load a kit, and if it's too hot, globally drop the gain going into the BFD3 mixer. I like to work at much lower levels than most BFD content is setup to operate, so having the ability to trim down the gain pre-mixer across all kit pieces seems like a no-brainer solution.

Amberience wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:39 pm Hi everyone,

We're finally happy to bring you BFD3.3 as a public beta.
I see you've dropped Windows 7 support, so I guess I won't be trying it or any future updates. Guess this thread was a bit pointless :(
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:17 pm One more BFD3 FR: global input trim. You can adjust the gain at the individual kit piece level, and there's a global output gain, but I'd rather load a kit, and if it's too hot, globally drop the gain going into the BFD3 mixer. I like to work at much lower levels than most BFD content is setup to operate, so having the ability to trim down the gain pre-mixer across all kit pieces seems like a no-brainer solution.
+1 - good idea
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Desperate for a BFD folder cleanup utility.

Neatly move every single BFD related file scattered on the OS drive to a single user defined directory. After an OS reformat, one should be able to point BFD3 to a directory and run scan without having to re-run any installers.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:32 am Desperate for a BFD folder cleanup utility.

Neatly move every single BFD related file scattered on the OS drive to a single user defined directory. After an OS reformat, one should be able to point BFD3 to a directory and run scan without having to re-run any installers.
That's how it currently works. You can move content around and just point BFD3 to the new folder. No reinstall required.

I recently created a BFD Content folder and moved all the libraries into that folder. You can't just point BFD3 to the top level folder in that instance, you still have to point to each library's folder path one by one, but no long reinstall required.

Return to “Instruments”