slate digital now ilok free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bears, vodka, balalayka.
Mixing tracks. neurodriveaudio@gmail.com

I don't know. It's only for their subscribers of the everything bundle. The users who made Slate big and bought the single plugins in the past, will still need the iLok. Yes, they stated to work on a solution together with Pace but it seems this is not on their short term list.

It's a scam. Still Pace/iLok.

There's a snowball's chance in hell that Slate would drop iLok. [Mod edit: A bit removed.]
No signature here!

its no dongle not no I lok

Finally

RIGHT... ilok cloud is STILL ilok based lol i wouldn't trust it myself... no internet connection... no plugs. may be good for some folks but i prefer toting my dongle around if i have to go somewhere and to me it is far better than computer attached access or the cloud.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

robotmonkey wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:14 pm It's a scam. Still Pace/iLok.

There's a snowball's chance in hell that Slate would drop iLok. [Mod edit: A bit removed.]
You sound really angry about it. Why the hate?

Note, i use usb dongles and i don't like them, because of the risk when they brake, but i must if i use certain plugins.

Slate always gives me the impression similar to the orange man always using hyperbole and trying to impress you
dedication to flying

^^^^ racist against orange people
:ud:

orange man belongs in hpc
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I used to hate the idea of iLok dongles. but once I was forced into getting one, now I really like it. prerfer it even. :phones:

Good news as far as I'm personally concerned at least, hope others will follow

Although I've actually always wondered whats the difference between soft ilok and physical ilok, from the economical/protection point of view of companies which currently don't allow soft.
I mean they must have a practical reason for staying only with the dongle (and much likely missing on sales), which I'm not aware of.
Last edited by Niowiad on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ok, but if I open an account, how many cigars do I get?

Niowiad wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 amAlthough I've actually always wondered whats the difference between soft ilok and physical ilok, from the economical/protection point of view of companies which currently don't allow soft.
I mean they must have a practical reason for staying only with the dongle (and much likely missing on sales), which I'm not aware of.
I believe (but could be wrong) that the dongle offers just a bit more copy protection than soft activations. But... not owning a dongle definitely prevents me from buying dongle-only plugins. I have no problem with iLok and have plenty of computer authorisations, just never spent the £40 to buy the dongle.

The one thing that worries me a bit about iLok Cloud is that you have to be online all the time (I guess it phones home regularly like every few minutes). That's all well and good, but what happens if you lose your internet? I really like the idea of iLok Cloud - no dongle, no authorisations on your computer, can't break anything, can't lose your licences, computer snafu won't trash your authorisations etc. I hope more people follow Slate and go iLok Cloud.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

zeep wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:20 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:14 pm It's a scam. Still Pace/iLok.

You sound really angry about it. Why the hate?

Note, i use usb dongles and i don't like them, because of the risk when they brake, but i must if i use certain plugins.
I'm not angry but this is usual annoying Slate hype and for him to suggest that they have been listening like they would really care, is pretty disingenuous.

Slate has been literally the first developer to jump on every negative iLok thread on GS to shill for Pace/iLok. And the times he has said that they will never drop the iLok/dongle have been innumerable.

The simple fact is that in the age of 29$ plugins they have probably been loosing sales to competition due to extra cost and annoyance of dongle protection.
Last edited by robotmonkey on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”